Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Web Design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modelling, and execution of electronic media content delivery via internet in the form of technologies (such as mark languages) suitable for interpretation and display by a web browser or other web-based graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
The intent of web design is to create a website (a collection of electronic files residing on one or more web servers) that presents content (including interactive features or interfaces) to the end user in the form of web pages once requested. Such elements as text, forms, and bit-mapped images (GIFs, JPEGs, and PNGs) can be placed on the page using HTML, XHTML, or XML tags. Displaying more complex media (vector graphics, animations, videos, sounds) usually requires plug-ins such as Flash, QuickTime, Java run-time environment, etc. Plug-ins are also embedded into the web pages by using HTML or XHTML tags.
Improvements in the various browsers compliance with W3C standards prompted a widespread acceptance of XHTML and XML in conjunction with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to position and manipulate web page elements. The latest standards and proposals aim to leading to the various browsers’ ability to deliver a wide variety of media and accessibility options to the client possibly without employing plug-ins.
Typically web pages are classified as Static or dynamic.
· Static pages don’t change content and layout with every request unless a human (web master or programmer) manually updates the page.
1.2BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Fidei polytechnic Resource Center was established in the year …….
1.3STATEMENTS OF THE PROBLEM
There are millions of computer users browsing the internet every day and each one is looking at a different size monitor suing a different resolution. How each person sees the graphics on your website varies depending on their screen and there are no uniform standards for making your site friendly to everyone.
Screen resolution refers to how many pixels your computer monitor will display, both vertically and horizontally. If you ever visited a website that did not fit your screen, making you scroll to the right to see the rest of the page, it was not entirely the designer’s fault. The website was just not created with your screen resolution.
Not too long ago, the most common computer monitor featured a resolution of 480 X 640. A number of people still surf the internet using this screen resolution, while today’s popular monitor use a 1024 X 768 screen resolution and most website are optimized to be viewed on these higher resolution screens. Those still using lower resolution displays will see website quite differently than those the site designed for.
Today’s monitor offer computer users a choice of several screen resolutions, with the lowest resolution being 400 X 600. With some any choices, it is often confusing for users to decide on the best settings, especially if they are not aware of the differences.
Visitors to your site that are using monitors with low screen resolution will usually not see your entire page on their screen. They will have to scroll horizontally to see the right side of your page. Those using a higher screen resolution than what your site is designed for may see a small, thin strip that can be rather frustrating.
Also among one of the problems encountered is the incapability of the browser window and viewing systems.
For example some viewing systems will have limited options of fonts. This means that any special font will have to be placed inside an image so that they are accessible to all users.
Another important constraint is the type of browser users view the page through. Different browsers interpret the display images and the HTML in a slightly different manner, which can lead to the picture being displayed incorrectly.
The main limitation is bandwidth, which mean how quickly information travels between the computer where your web site is located (your Web server), and the visitor’s computer. Even though 56.6kbps modems, and even 10Mbps cable modems are becoming more common, many people on the internet are still using 28.8kbps modems.
This means that the larger your Web pages are, the longer they take to download, and the less likely a visitor is to stick around to see them. One of the major tasks of a web site designer is to provide maximum content at a minimum file size. Graphics and animations are the big data-hogs. A screen sized photo in full colour can easily consume 2 megabytes of space, which would take a computer with a 28.8kbps modem about a half-hour to download.
1.4 PURPOSE OF STUDY
With the revolution of World Wide Web (WWW), information could be accessed from one part of the globe to another. Organizations, schools, individuals, businesses are putting up their own websites. Having highlighted efficiency of the World Wide Web above, the researcher intends Putting Fidei polytechnic Network on the yellow pages i.e. easily accessible all over the globe in just a few seconds.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
In this age of electronic commerce, career as a web designer can be a lucrative one. Demand of websites designers are at a constant rise as most of the businesses are attempting to initiate web presence. There are different website design companies that recruit talented and best of the breed web designers to facilitate their clients with appealing web portals with beautiful graphics and animated features. On the other hand, finding a cheap web designer is not at all a difficult task now, from the local community newspaper to yellow pages, several web design companies offer alluring options.
A good website designer needs to increase his skills and abilities to identify what the visitors want at a rapid pace. There are several vocational training programs for the web designers and these courses are generally tailored to provide a clear insight on the latest tools and technologies that are used in the market. There are innumerable web designing companies that offer cheap web design and it is also necessary for the web designers nowadays to keep the designing cost lower. So, it is really a tricky job to balance the quality and hours of work to create the end product, i. e the website at a competitive rate.
There remains different web development companies that can really help schools/institutions with effective solutions related to web presence. Self-study to identify proper web Development Company is essential. We must remember that any wrong selection of web Design Company can just be waste of money. Now more than a few web design companies are offering free domain name and e-mail id’s. Having e-mail with proper domain name is lucrative. We presence is now one of the most essential things that determine future of any business. Popularity of electronic commerce will be more and more with days and demand of website designers will be more.
1.6 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
Having an organizational website enhances the following:
1. Effective communication for members, scholars, activists, and intending members.
2. Easy access to the administrative in case their office location is not present in a particular country, area, or community.
3. Provision of educational resources in form of online/electronic articles where people can access them and information passed to appropriate quarters.
4. Effective dissemination of news and upcoming events of the organization.
5. Improved teaching and learning style.
6. To develop an understanding of technological processes among new internet users intending to understand it.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is limited to Green Lakes Peace Network online and does not provide an in-depth study to its activities overall, at the same time transforming them into a global organization accessible to billions of internet users all over the world.
1.8 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This research work was faced with a lot of difficulties. Time constraint was one of the limiting factors in carrying out this study.
Financial constraint also constituted in carrying out an in depth study of this project. Limitations to the extent in which data could be collected also constituted a problem.
Irregularities in power supply also dealt harshly with the researcher.
In spite of the above mentioned difficulties, some data was collected which will be analysed later.
1.9 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
While researching on this work, i came up with a couple of assumptions which include:
1. I would be able to finish this work before deadline
2. In the long run, this research work would be accessed globally.
1.10 DEFINITION OF TERMS/ VARIABLE
HTML – Hypertext Mark-up Language is a client-side scripting language for Website design.
PHP – (Archaic: Personal Home page) Hypertext Preprocessor. These languages work closely with the Web server to interpret the requests made from the World Wide Web, process these requests, interact with other programs on the server to fulfil the requests, and then indicate to the Web server exactly what to serve to the client’s browser.
SQL – Structured Query Language, basically used in querying the databases to retrieve, updates, and review database
CSS – Cascading Style Sheet. A client-side scripting language, used in styling the webpages for a greater user-experience.
ASP – Active Server Pages. A server-side scripting language like the PHP. These languages work closely with the Web server to interpret the requests made from the World Wide Web, process these requests, interact with other programs on the server to fulfil the requests, and then indicate to the Web server exactly what to serve to the client’s browser.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» (CASE STUDY OF KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC)CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTION Geo information system is an acronym for Geographic Information system. It is a sys...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SMS BASED WATER BILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF BAGUDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT WATER BOARD, KEBBI STATE)» ABSTRACT Billing is a critical function of most Water Boards especially towards sending the bill to their consumers. Most problems, currently seen, re...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on National Identity card. It is also aimed at keeping ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Airline reservation and ticketing in a commercial airline company is a project work aimed at creating a system that will enable traveler’s ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY According to Oxford Learners Dictionary, Organization can be said to be a group of people who form a ...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CRIMINAL RECORD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM USING AREA COMMAND, IKOT EKPENE AS A CASE STUDY» Abstract This research work was on Design and implementation of criminal record management system Using area command, Ikot Ekpene as a case study. Thi...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN EXPERT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR AUTOMOBILE FAULT DETECTION AND DIAGNOSIS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In present time most households own at least one car. This figure shows that a car is very important to people’s lives ...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED DRUG VERIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION ...» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTIONDrug reporting and verification establishments like NAFDAC (National Agency for Food and Drug Adminis...Continue Reading »
9. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MANAGING STUDENTS INFORMATION, A CASE STUDY OF COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KADUNA POLYTECHNIC» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Approval page i Declaration ii Dedication iii Acknowledgment iv Table of contents v Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTIO...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study examined the Impact of Information and Communication Technology on the workers in in Tertiary Academic Institutions in Anambra Stat...Continue Reading »