Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
An Office was described as a place where all the official or paper work are done or performed. But in this era of information technology, office is no longer referred to a place but it as set of function for doing office work or activity (Nwoke: 2013). An office helps us to perform different task such as collecting the data, recording them, analyzing them, presenting them in an organized and scientific way, etc.All the functions of management like planning, organizing, directing, or controlling are controlled by office which also involves paper work. Office is the brain of an organization.
Without a proper management, an organization will lack the ability to function properly (Peculiar: 2015). So, an organization needs someone to manage the organizational activities.
Management is a common process in all organized activities. Whenever there is certain number of people working together for a common goal, some kind of management becomes essential. The direct effort of a personnel toward the achievement of goals of organization is management.
Office management is known as a profession which includes the design, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of the process of work within an office or organization, in order to maintain and improve efficiency and productivity. This is concerned with the following elements:
- Personnel: It is a person who is responsible to manage the organization or office. There should be sufficient number of trained personnel. The offices personnel must be selected properly, placed, trained, promote and controlled for the purpose of accomplishing desired goals.
- Means: are the tools with the help of which official activities are done or performed. This includes the materials, machines, and equipment required by the office personnel or for office work. If the office is not provided with the appropriate means, it is very difficult to manage the organization properly.
- Environment: Environment plays an important role for managing the office and for efficient and effective office work. It means the surrounding where employees work. It includes the factor like layout, interior decoration, lighting, ventilation, cleanliness etc.
- Purpose: An office has to set up definite purpose. The purpose of the office provides direction and guidelines to other activities. If the purpose of the office is cleared then efforts and activities can be directed in its achievement.
1.2. Statement of Problem
Manual office systems always put pressure on people to be correct in all aspect of their work especially the Admin. With manual systems the level of service is dependent on individuals and this puts a requirement on management to run training continuously for staff to keep them motivated and to ensure they are following the correct procedures. It can be all too easy to accidentally switch details and end up with inconsistency in data entry or in hand written orders. This has the effect of not just causing problems with customer service but also making information inavailablefor reporting or finding trends with data discovery. Reporting and checking that data is also a problem and can be time consuming and expensive.
Other problems caused by the manual Office system are:
- Inconsistency in data entry, room for errors,
- Large ongoing staff training cost.
- System is dependent on good individuals.
- Reduction in sharing information and customer services.
- Time consuming and costly to produce reports.
- Lack of security of data.
- Duplication of data entry.
1.3. Objective of Study
The objectives of this study is to design a computerized Office system that will take care of the staff payroll, Account informations and receipt printing for all clients in an organization,
- To design a computerized system for calculating basic salary and allowance of staff.
- To design a computerized payment platform.
- To design a system that accurately stores employee data and retrieves payment history when needed.
- To design a computerized system that take care of the daily sales of the company
- System that compute company’s revenue, admin expenses, tax, market expenses, financial expenses.
- Print a comprehensive account statement daily as well from a time duration.
- Print receipts to customer on demand.
1.4. Significance of the study
The study will aid in reducing errors, fraud, increase speed and also aid growth in organizations if successfully implemented. Manual ways of carrying out accounting, payroll and receipt systems in organizations will be totally eliminated with this computerized system in place. The study will also serve as a guide to other student researchers who may want to conduct further research on the subject matter. Findings and recommendations from this system will aid in developing newer versions to serve optimally.
1.5. SCOPE/LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is centered on the design and implementation of an electronic office system that will takes care of staff payroll system, Account informationsystem, day to day expenses in an organization and Receipts system.
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to obstruct the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will at the same time engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.6. DEFINITION OF TERMS
A payroll: is a company's list or records of its employees, which is often used to refer to the total amount of money that a company pays to its employees.
A payroll system: is software which organizes and arranges all the tasks of employee payment and the filing of employee taxes.
Payslips: a note given to an employee when they have been paid, detailing the amount of pay given and the tax and insurance deducted.
Employer: a person or organization that employs people.
Employee: a person employed for wages or salary, especially at nonexecutive level.
W-4 tax form: is a form completed by an employee to indicate his or her tax situation (exemptions, status, etc.) to the employer. The W-4 form tells the employer the correct amount of tax to withhold from an employee's paycheck.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS): A United States government agency that is responsible for the collection and enforcement of taxes.
Social Security Administration (SSA): is an independent agency of the United States federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors' benefits.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEI.0 Introduction Computerized System and improved efficiency have been the focus of entrepreneurs. As with many business scenarios, getting...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF COMPUTERIED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM ON AUDIT, ( CASE STUDY OF PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE KADUNA,NIGERIA).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Business today is being done or conducted in an age of economic crisis and highly complex technol...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The demand to acquire knowledge or to learn has rise, thus, the present technology had gone a long way to provided means to learn, irrespecti...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe research work Sales Forecasting System is a sales system using˜point of sales ( POS ) technology to achieve its sales, accounting and lin...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY IN PUBLIC SECTOR ADMINISTRATION (THE CASE OF NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION IMO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Of The Study The role of information communication technology in the public sector it cannot be over emphasize...Continue Reading »
6. SIMULTANEOUS AND SINGLE GENE EXPRESSION: COMPUTATIONAL ANALYSIS FOR MALARIA TREATMENT DISCOVERYSIMULTANEOUS AND SINGLE GENE EXPRESSION: COMPUTATIONAL ...» ABSTRACT The major aim of this work is to develop an efficient and effective k means algorithm to cluster malaria microarray data to enable the extrac...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work designs and implements an online library management System a case study of Mathematics Department. The system allows people to read...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT A DATABASE DRIVEN ONLINE VIRTUAL MARKETPLACE WITH A PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO OGBETE MAIN MARKET» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT TO ONLINE MARKETPLACE Online Market, commonly known as e commerce or eCommerce, or e business consists of the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Educational data mining (EDM) is a field that concentrates on prediction and is known for its role in uncovering hidden information from larg...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Staff Evaluation is the systematic analysis or review of the performance of employees in an organisat...Continue Reading »