Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
English is the official language of only seven countries comprising little more than five percent of the world's population. Yet the majority of online content is in English. While many business people speak English as a second language, most prefer to communicate in their native tongue Using machine translation one could easily translate the content in one language to the other largely in real time. This paper describes the role of an Intermediate language in machine translation of natural languages, how modular the work can be accomplished in translating a one language to other.
TABLE OF CONTENT
List of Figures
List of Tables
Table of Contents
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Aims and objectives
1.4 Significant of the study
1.5 Justification of study
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
2.1 Background theory of study
2.2 previous methods in use
2.3 current methods in use
System Analysis And Design
3.2 Method adopted
3.3 Operations of existing system
3.4 Design methodology
3.5 Analysis of findings
3.6 Input to the system
3.7 Output from the system
3.8 Processing tasks
System Development and Implementation
4.2 Input design
4.3 Output design
4.4 System architecture
4.5 System flowchart
4.6 System implementation
4.7 Program coding
Summary, conclusion and recommendation
Electronic Benin Phrasebook is computer based system (process by Assembler) developed specifications with an effort to build a variable, reliable, beneficial and good relationship that have one source of motivation which is the potential to solve visitors. Driller’s problems by developing Benin electronic phrasebook to assist in proffering solutions to problems associated with the language barrier. This system consist some useful words and phrases in Benin language with translation for the uses of visitors to places where the language is spoken.The project work also serves as focal point whenever future references are needed in this field of study.This application designed to replace the manual Benin phrasebook which can be likened to bilingual dictionary with clearly and orderly defined set of words and phrases with their corresponding translations to ease the communication among the visitors (foreigners) and the native of Benin land in order to enjoy their visitation or tourism.It specifically obliterates the menace of travel tourism. This phrasebook is software that has meanings of some prevalent words in Benin nation with correct diction in English and it world invariably help any tending guest to be familiar with some of the words to exchange pleasantries, greetings and commonly spoken words. Intimacy between Benin people and tourists would be enhanced, better relationship and good will would be built once a foreigner can communicate in Yoruba. As you were quite aware that tourism will improve economic globally once there is free flow of information between the vectors and the drivellers (no language barrier) which will be beneficial to all.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The following are the problems that can be deduced from the old system.
· lack of effectiveness in communication among Benin villagers and visitors
· communication interference and visitors
· misinterpretation of some phrases since it takes lot of efforts to decode the correct phrases that suitable for content of a typical situation
· lack of concentration since there no manual to fall back on
· untimely response to the sender of the communication to visitor
· language barrier
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the project is to develop a system that will process and translate Benin Language (greeting) to English Language.
The objectives of this project are:
· Design electronic Benin phrasebook that will carry out the basic operations of Benin greeting language.
· Carry out a comparative analysis of electronic phrasebook with the written one
· The purpose of digital Benin phrasebook for tourist can better be accessed via internet although internet is language resource, reviewing words and has wide usage by all countries
· It also provides solution to problems associated with the language barrier among the visitors and the indigenous native of Benin land.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. This is to teach foreigners that are willing to learn Benin language
2. To break some barrier that people face in learning the language
3. To make it very possible for people to interact with people speak the language
4. To learn some phrases and to put in practise.
1.5 JUSTIFICATION OF STUDY
This project is designed to bring the usefulness of information technology to the doorstep of non-Benin people that are non-literate or transact business with Benin indigenes
1.6 SCOPE OF STUDY
The project work is developed to encourage and motivate the foreigners (visitors) for the purpose of visiting our nation (or Benin City) and to enhance tourism. It designed as typically user’s friendly system whereby each and every visitor will be able to interact, converse and transact business smoothly without any prejudice. It provides for an individual the ability to browse the Electronic Benin Phrasebook in order to check for the meaning of particular words or phrases (mostly greetings) that best suitable for the situation on the ground with little or no human intervention for it most efficiency and effectiveness.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
· Tourist : A person who is travelling or visiting a place for pleasure
· Benin : This is one of the tribe of Nigerian nation and it is also the western part of Nigeria
· Assembler: A program that converts symbolically-coded programs into object level, machine code.
· Phrasebook : A book containing lists of common expressions translated into another language, especially for people visiting a foreign country
· Tourist : A person who is travelling or visiting a place for pleasure
· Benin: This is one of the tribe of Nigerian nation and it is also the western part of Nigeria
· Pronunciation guide: This is the list containing different types of words and the best way on how to pronounce it
· Phrase list : This is a list that contains many phrases and words with their corresponding meaning
· VB: Visual Basic
· Argument: A value supplied to a procedure, macro, subroutine, or command that is required in order to evaluate that procedure, macro, subroutine, or command. Synonymous with parameter.
· Assembler: A program that converts symbolically-coded programs into object level, machine code. In an assembler program, unlike a compiler, there is a one-to-one correspondence between human-readable instructions and the machine-language code.
· Authentication: Process of establishing who you are.
· Authorization: Permission to access non-public information or use equipment that is either fully or partially restricted. Process of establishing what you can do.
· BASIC: Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code. A commonly used personal-computer language first developed at Dartmouth during the 1960s.
· Batch processing: Originally, a method of organizing work for a computer system, designed to reduce overhead by grouping similar jobs. In one scheme, jobs were collected into batches, each requiring a particular compiler. The compiler was loaded, and the jobs submitted in sequence to the compiler. The term has come to be applied to background processing of jobs not requiring user intervention on multiuser systems. See compiler.
· Batch query: A query that has been saved so that it can be used more than once and run in the background.
· Buffer: A temporary memory for data normally used to accommodate the difference in the rate at which two devices can handle data during a transfer
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The rate of internet fraud and software piracy has increased overtime in Nigeria. The federal gov...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TEACHER PENSION VERIFICATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE PENSION BOARD)» CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTIONThe management of Pension Fund in Nigeria is as old as Nigeria itself. Pension fund was introduced by the colonial masters ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to s...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM OF COURT PROCEEDINGS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL HIGH COURT ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACTAs the complexity and degress of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends.Jus...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Massive integration of information technology into all aspects of modern life caused demand for processin...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB-BASED LIBRARY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY)» ABSTRACT In Godfrey Okoye University, library management and administration is a very manual one in the sense that the information management methods ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT.The complexity and anonymity of computer systems does not only aid crime in the society but also it’s a combating measure to crime and aids...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE TEST/EXAMINATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UYO CITY POLYTECHNIC, NDUETONG OKU, UYO)» ABSTRACT The traditional approach to measuring a person’s level of knowledge in a topic has been the examination. These days, there is often mor...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Information systems have become the backbone of most organizations. Banks could not process payments, governments could n...Continue Reading »