Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 39 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The importance of computer and its application have been recognized globally. The impact computers to the society have been felts in hotels booking system.
Computer booking system (CBS) has brought a lot of change improvement and efficiency in hotel operation.
There is a great need for an easy quick, reliable and information system to aid the traveler in planning their vacation. Shelter is one of their basic necessity of life individuals need a place to stay at all times ranging from a business man who travel from one place to another in the course of their business to student who goes to study away from his home. Different professionals travel out of their domain in other to achieve certain aims and objectives such as tourism.
A hotel can simple define as a building or a place for the great to receive room and stay for short period of time, also a place of refreshment, entertainment and protection of the visitors.
In many states or countries however a hotel and motel are defined based on their status. Hotel and other accommodation are as diverse as many family and business travelers they accommodate.
Establishment varies greatly in size and in the service they provided. Hotels and motel comprise the majority of establishment and tend to provide more service than other lodging place. Most hotels and motals are commercials properties that cater mainly to business people, tourist and other travelers who need accommodation for a brief stay. A small, but growing of luxury hotel chains also manage condominium until in combination with their transient rooms, provide both hotels guest and condominium owner with access to the same service amenities.
Larger hotels and motals often have banquet halls and spacious ball rooms to accommodate conventions, business meeting, wedding reception and other social gatherings conventions and business meetings are major sources of revenue for the hotel and motels.
There are some laid down principles regulating each room that can be occupied by each quest.
Hotels booking and management system in Winika Gboko start from issue of ticket to interested customers. Customers having obtained ticket on payment of stipulated fees complete and return the ticket to the hotel. The Winika Hotel now sorts the ticket according to the types of room you want and send to the various units in the hotel for processing. The customers are select based on the service needed.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Although the administrative section of WinikaHotel Gboko has been handling the hotel booking system is significant. It will aid in checking or solving the following problems.
- Manual system if of time consuming and involved too much labour before the booking list is finally released.
- Loss of the complete ticket as a result of mishandling in the case of transfers of document (records)
- Duplication of records where the customers may wish to purchase more tickets for other customers.
- Check guest customers which are not easily detected.
1.3 Aims and Objectives of the study
The major aims of this study are develop software system that will help in reducing labour and replacement of manual method used in booking rooms for guest. Other aims and objectives of the work are to provide to;
- Easy retrieved and storage of data and information
- Daily count of guest that arrive and departure from hotel
- Daily weekly and monthly summarizes of guest booked, arrived and departed from Winika Hotel Gboko.
- Improved data management efficiency through the elimination of data redundancy.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study is to improve the operational efficiency of Winika Hotel Gboko in respect to the handling of data, information. Elimination of redundant data associated with the current Winika Hotel data handling system.
1.5 Scope of the study
A Hotel is a large establishment, which consist of different section/department with their various responsibilities that bring about the efficient running of the Hotel service. This research work cover Account, Admin, house keeping, sale of food and beverage departments.
Limitation of the study
Time frame was a limitation to this stud
Internet: the system require an internet services to run.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction As an authentic measure to curb mortality rate, it is important to know the diseases that contribute to incr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 293 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A HOTEL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF ROYAL MARBLE HOTELS, BENIN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The hospitality industry, which is a major team player towards the economic growth of Nigeria as...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 551 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. AN IMPROVED IMAGE STEGANOGRAPHY BASED ON LEAST SIGNIFICANT BIT MATCHING REVISITED (LSBMR) USING SOBEL EDGE DETECTION» ABSTRACT Image steganography is the science of hiding data for securing confidential communication and it is the most popular type of carrier to hold ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 195 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Unemployment in the present day Nigeria resulted from different misgivings and lack of direct approach to by those concerned to tackle this p...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 436 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ICT ASSISTED DATABASE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS IN RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The aim of this project is to develop a database for indigenes of rivers state that are above 60 years of age which will in turn help the gov...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 411 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study The term “Smart Home” was first coined by the American Association of House builders in 1...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 260 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the last two decades education institutions have invested heavily in information and commu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 188 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER INTELLIGENT PHARMACEUTICAL CENTRE SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNTH ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The need to develop a system that would improve the management of stocked pharmaceutical items in the pharmacy became beatable due to some se...Continue Reading »
36 pages | 109 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The computer system has been of a great assistance to Human Resource Management (HRM) in term of online recruitment simpl...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 2,405 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Computers will remain an integral part of life; this is as a result of increasing number of areas where they...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 435 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE