Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Integrated of documentation and knowledge based computerized services in information system is a tremendous means to help health professionals in their daily practice and to improve its quality.
Effort is continuously being made in designing and developing economically and reliable database system to satisfy a clinical database information system. This project is about the design and development of a clinical database system for medical management of the federal poly Nekede medical centre and shows how records and data can be handled and stored within the system.
The system will store patients’ records, drug inventory and dispensation as well as other relevant clinical information within the polytechnic community. The system will be used by the staff doctor, nurses, clerks, consultants, and other relevant authorities as the demand may be within the clinic. It will process data speedily and accurately, provide information when and where required.
The clinical database system will be used to store data, produce reports and handle management enquires. In clinics that are made up of doctors, nurses, patient and other personnel staff, an Information system is required to keep track of the day to day transaction of the clinic and to improve the communication skills. Also this system will help in highlighting risk/complex patients for consultant input alert of DNA; easily identify all patient taking certain medications; monitor frequency of major complication example peptic ulcer, check for known drug interaction; improve evidence based practice, record questions in clinic for later response from the team when not sure of correct reply.
Therefore, it is hoped that the design and development of a clinical database system would provide a flexible and reliable management of the polytechnic clinic. This program is carefully design to work in a standalone system or in a multi-user environment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It is observed that federal polytechnic Nekede medical centre most of its record on staff, students, patients, drug and inventory and dispensary are handled manually. The problems associated with the manual method include inaccurate data, poor quality of patient care and administrative inefficiency. The task involved in this design is as follows:
· Careful study of the manual operation of federal polytechnic Nekede medical centre
· Collection of information on general problem confronting the medical centre
· Study the identified problems, design and develop a clinical database system that will help in solving these problems
· Develop computer software that will help in the management if the medical centre.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The primary aim of this project is to design and develop a clinical database system for federal polytechnic Nekede clinic, which will achieve the following:
· Improve efficiency and the communication skill in the clinic
· Keep proper patients record, drug inventory, dispensing and efficiency of drug dispensed
· To bring about a computer pollution free environment that will ensure a secured public health of the staff, and the polytechnic community
· To acquire practical experience in the design and development of a clinical database system and other related software
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project is mainly on patient’s record, the drug prescription, available drugs, the drug dispensed and the efficiency of the drug dispensed. The application of query in getting the desired reports on drug inventory in the pharmaceutical unit.
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
· User resistance and misconception: Human fear towards change was a major problem encountered in this course of study; hence vital information was hidden away from me.
· Sensitivity of the study: Due to the sensitive nature of drug management, some secrets were not given out for professional reasons.
· Duration: The time allocated to carry out this project is quite small for adequate and complete investigation of the study.
The project is carried out, following the appropriate stage involved in design and development of clinical software. The stage are briefly discussed below
· Problem identification: The problems associated with the medical centre are first identified. This is done by critically analysis of the existing system.
· Data collection: The data required for this clinical database is obtained by interviewing staff, students and other medical personnel. Also vital information was also obtained in designing and developing a clinical database.
· System modeling: Using relevant facts obtained from relevant sources, the clinical database system is designed.
· System development and implementation: The conceptual designed are developed and implemented as computer program. After the development and implementation, the system is tested to ensure that, is fulfils the objective of the project.
· System installation: The developed clinical database system software is installed on the computer system and made ready for use.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
History file: This is a master file that contains data antenatal form. E.g. Patients’ names, address, medical histories, diagnosis, sex, age, type of admission, drug treatment, data for admission and discharge.
1.8 DATA DICTIONARY
This contains the list of items used and their different meanings according to how it is applied in the project.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The aim of this project work is to take a look at the development and the rapid growth of modern technology, especially computer technology i...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR THE PROJECTION OF STUDENT’S ENROLMENT IN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT This work started with an extensive literacy research in an attempt to find out facts about the Nigerian Universities planning information sy...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY According to Oxford Learners Dictionary, Organization can be said to be a group of people who form a ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The researcher chose to research on this topic “Computer Based Census Management System” because of its relevance to the society....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Educational data mining (EDM) is a field that concentrates on prediction and is known for its role in uncovering hidden information from larg...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study The continuous advancement in the information and communication technology as contributed a lot to th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research focuses on Manpower Planning and Development as an effective fool for Achieving Original Goals, using star paper Mill Ltd Aba a...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB-BASED SURVEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN RESEARCH FOUNDATION)» ABSTRACT The paper aims at designing and implementing a web enabled survey system that can used by research institutions in gathering information from...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTS The means through which Otukpo local government water board funds its corporation leaves much to be desired. This result has called for rese...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE ATM CARD REQUEST AND DELIVERY SYSTEM WITH TRACKER (A CASE STUDY OF GUARANTEE TRUST BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT Online ATM Card request and delivery system with tracker is a system designed to assist bank customers and financial institutions computerize...Continue Reading »