Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The implementation of the biometric based attendance system constrained by our scope and objectives was successfully achieved using the waterfall approach through the help of my supervisor and expert advice. We built a handheld device which was controlled by the ATMega1284p microcontroller, the program for the microcontroller was written in embedded programming. An Application software (backs up the attendance in database) which was built using python3 programming language in atom editor using MySQL as the database management system. It was indeed a challenging project and we believe it will enhance the education standard of not only Electronics and computer engineering but also at various Universities for properly maintained and utilized.
Background of the study
The recent attendance System in institutions has proved to have failed to achieve its major purpose which was to ensure that the right statistics of students that attended the class can be taken. The major reason for its failure among its short-comings is the ability for a student to sign in for another student. Many educational institutions are trying to identify accurate, safe, and reliable techniques to protect access rights to their existing services or operation. Finger print based attendance system is an answer to these concerns.
Biometrics, especially in information technology, encompasses methods to analyze physical and behavioral identities to extract unique features for identification or monitoring purposes. Various physical features including faces, eyes, fingers, hands, veins, ears and teeth can be used by this technology, and characteristics such as gaits or voice patterns are still being investigated and analyzed as part of the wider biometrics field. Biometrics offers secure methods of access to sensitive services and obviates the need to carry a token, card, remember several passwords. Biometric techniques also reduce the risk of lost, forgotten or copied passwords, stolen tokens or over the shoulder attacks, yet despite all this obvious advantages there is still one major reasons why it has not been implemented in many organizations which is that the biometric technique is expensive and the level of standardization differs within systems, numerous health hazards, requirement for a specialist analytical software and availability of machines with the computing power to run it. Fingerprint identification is one of the most well-known and common Biometric identification system, Because of their uniqueness and consistency over time, finger print has been used for identification for many years, more recently becoming automated due to advancement in computing capabilities. The fingerprint system seems to be the most cost effective and easy to use among all of the biometric system with no health side effects. .
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ANTIMICROCOBIA ACTIVITIES OF GARLIC AND GINGER EXTRACTSTable of ContentCover Page iTitle Page iiAcknowledgement iiiTable of Contents ivCHAPTER ONE– ...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionThis chapter presents the introduction to the research work under the following sub heads:Theoretical BackgroundStatement ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Caritas University, Amorji Nike, Enugu, is a private University approved by the Federal Gover...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The world as it stands now can be said to be digitalised in every ramification and as such this project is aimed at looking f...Continue Reading »
5. WEB-BASED SYSTEM FOR LAND TITLE APPLICATION (CASE STUDY: NIGER STATE MINISTRY OF LAND AND HOUSING)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Every country, people, communit...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION In this recent day, great reliance is placed on computer for all kind of operation in an organization or firm such as banking insuran...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 LIBRARY SYSTEM A library can be defined as a room or building where books are kept and referenced. It is an area of multi...Continue Reading »
8. COMPUTER MEDIATED COMMUNICATION AND ISSUES OF TRUST: A STUDY OF THE USE OF SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE AMONGST STUDENTS OF CANTERBURY HIGH SCHOOL, AJAH-LEK...» ABSTRACT There are a number of barriers to trust in the online environment. Despite the awareness of online dangers, young adults take risk on posting...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR A SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (CASE STUDY OF TEXACO FILLING STATION)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The traditional management as well as organizational behaviour and operation research theories agrees that the organizati...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION As much as have to receive adequate welfare and entitlements the personnel database must be maintain effectively. The per...Continue Reading »