Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.O BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The ongoing dilemma of digital age is balancing convenience against security. Security is a system safeguards for protecting information technology against disasters, system failure, and an unauthorized access that can result in damage, loss or exposure. There are several reports of spammers, crawlers and hackers who break into people’s privacy to gain illegal access to their data. This has posed greater challenges on people who use database, transact online, and internet users. Information is a valuable and costly asset that must be presented, controlled and planned just like other valuable assets within an organization. This work is designed to provide a security mechanism using a computerized data encryption system, readable data is altered into unreadable form to prevent unauthorized access. Encryption is able to use powerful mathematical concept to create coded message that is virtually impossible to break. It is easy to encrypt a message on a simple personal computer so that the biggest computer in the world could not decipher without spending for more time on the problem that exists in the life span of the entire universe.
There are two basic forms of encryption; private key encryption and public key encryption, the same secret key is used by the sender and receiver to encrypt and decrypt message. Public key encryption also known as asymmetric key encryption uses two different keys at once, a combination of a private key and public key, the private key is known only to your personal computer, while the public key is given by your computer to any computer that wants to communicate securely with it. To decode an encrypted message, a computer must use the public key, provided by the originating computer, and its own private key.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Security is currently a widespread and growing concern that affects all areas of the society, in the same manner data and information security has become one of the most pressing challenges confronting all kinds of present day organizations owing to their rapid adoption of information technology (IT) in the entirety of their activities. This development has made data and information to a larger extend vulnerable to unauthorized users, spammers, crawlers and hackers who break into people’s and organization’s privacy. This has no doubt posed greater challenges on people who use database, share files and other resources on computer networks.
1.2 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of this work are as follows:
· Reduce stress, time consumption and cost of operation involved in a manual security system.
· Develop a software system that will restrict unauthorized access to data files on systems.
· Suggest security techniques which can create conducive working atmosphere for organizations that are having their data threatened.
· Enhance key sharing mechanism that allows users to share and have access to files security.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study serves as a contribution towards improving information, data and information security on computerized information systems especially for organizations where data is transferred from one point to another. It will contribute in solving the problems of insecurity on both network for individual computers on a network. It also enhances the ability to support customers by providing secured and accurate access to all information. In the same manner, it will benefit those who transact online.
1.4 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS
This work is only concerned with security of information (encryption and decryption) for firms and individuals. It does not consider the firms policies and other issues.
1.5 JUSTIFICATION OF THE NEW SYSTEM
With regards to existing system, it is important for organization to develop a new system. This system will be designed with security as its watchword. It will be able to check access to the system. It will provide improved system efficiency, the unintentional distortion of data will be avoided and fraudulent practices and defaulters will be checked.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
· Data: data is the raw fact or observation, typically about physical entity or business transactions. Technically, data is the raw form of information stored as columns and rows in our databases, network servers and personal computers.
· Data security: This is the practice of keeping data protected from corruption and unauthorized access. The focus behind data security is to ensure privacy while protecting personal or corporate data.
· Information: This refers to data that has been processed in such a way to be meaningful to the person who receives it.
· Cryptography: This is the science of scrambling data.
· Encryption: encryption is the conversion of data into a form that cannot be easily understood by an unauthorized people.
· Decryption: Decryption is the process of converting encrypted data back into its original form, so it can be understood.
- Cipher text: this is the encrypted data; it is also called a cipher.
· Decipher text: This is the decrypted data; it is also called a plain text.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PATIENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY HEALTH SERVICE 0f FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Generally, computer has played an important role in global economy in various ways. The Computer is used in many differen...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 222 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Web Design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modelling, and execution of electronic me...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 314 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED TAX EVALUATION SYSTEM FOR CIVIL SERVANTS (A CASE STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT It is often easy to collect data about objectives of persons. However subsequent processing of such data presents problems especially when it...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 335 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT In this project, two high performance adder cells are proposed. We simulated these two full adder cells using HSPICE in 0.18 µm, CMOS t...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 489 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTER SECURITY: DATA ENCRYPTION, DECRYPTION AND KEY HASH ALGORITHMS» ABSTRACTComputer security is a process of protecting computer system and information from harm and unauthorized use. The most important security tool ...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 546 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A POLICE DATABASE SECURITY SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION National security is the requirement to maintain the survival of the state through the use of economic, security operativ...Continue Reading »
85 pages | 409 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE PRISON MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PRISON SERVICE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT Prisoners’ management in Nigeria has long been a neglected area and has only recently been included in the 20 20 vision document under ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SUIT FOR ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE UNIVERSITY OWERRI)» ABSTRACT The formulation of a good academic planning is only the first implementation putting the academic program plan into action. this requires tha...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Staff Evaluation is the systematic analysis or review of the performance of employees in an organisat...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 186 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE