Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 29 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Over the year the leading cause of death in women aged between 35-54 years is breast cancer and second to cardiovascular disease in order women (Logan 1975).
Mortality and incidence rate vary throughout the world with England and wale making first and us fourteen developing countries like Nigeria not left. In fact and two leading cancer sites are breast and lung accounting for about 25% of all cancer such a common disease in women and 1 and 12 women is affected in the U.S and 1 Nigeria. However its not surprising that there exist and long list of potential risk factor these include nutrition Geography Ethic factor aging factor, age of first birth being breast disorder decrease parity, unopposed ovarian cycling menstrual experience lactation experience, viral hypothesis however hereditary and family history of breast cancer are now considered to be two most important risk factor majority of women now come to medical attention in developing countries than in developing countries consequences the current emphasis is on prevention and early diagnosis of breast cancer so as to minimizes the death rate cause by it.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem to be addressed in this work is the development expert system for the diagnosis of breast cancer artificial intelligence method are to the employed in the development of the system and sub problem can be stated as follow
(a) The need for early diagnosis of breast cancer.
(b) The diagnosis of breast cancer require expert skill are short supply
© The need to reduced and mortally and incidence rate by breast cancer
(d) Need to improve the overall quality of health through early expert diagnosis of breast cancer.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. The study and apply AI technique in development of expert system
2. To show how knowledge can be acquired and represented in intelligence system.
3. To formulate an intelligence diagnosis system and easy diagnosis of breast cancer (dr cr)
4. To demonstrated the use of logic programs as a logical tool for developing intelligent system.
5. To make a high level of expertise available to less qualified profession
6. To enhance the ability of leading expert in medical diagnosis.
7. To serve the knowledge and expertise of leading expert who eventually retire or die.
1.4 MOTIVATION OF THE STUDY
The need for solving complex diagnostic problem using AI method
(a) There is an increasing need to acquire and store the knowledge of human experts in automated reasoning system in order to assist the expert take decision faster and I the absence of the expert. This study is a in that direction.
(b) Developing generic diagnostic problem solving strategies. Diagnosis of breast cancer is chosen to demonstrate the application of AI technique in solving medical diagnostic problem. Breast cancer is a current topic issued in medicine since the cancer scourge assumed global important. However the motivation for this study is high not in diagnosis of breast cancer but also suggesting life expectancy and possible treatment of breast cancer and other related disease.
The study involve computer based experiments requiring method discussed briefly.
(a) SYSTEM STUDY
This involve elaborated study of the principle and techniques governing the development and operated of automated reasoning system for solving complex diagnosis problem the system is studies by learning its properties and concept through incremental understanding and knowledge base development and updating the inference engine reveal the pattern of reasoning adopted by the system to make intelligence decision.
(b) SYSTEM DESIGN
AI methodologies for knowledge representations and inference will be applied in designing the system this method include.
i. Object the conclusion that is defined by associate rule
ii. Attribute a specific quality that with its rule help define the object
iii. Rules of inference.
Knowledge base can however be a list of object their associated rule and attribute inference engine part of the knowledge based to found a situation that matches and its involve.
i. Forward changing techniques data base drive uses information that is provide to make through a network of logical and or until the it reaches the terminal point.
ii. Background chaining technique (object drive) reverse of forward chaining
iii. The rule value method request information that has the greatest importance according to the current state of the system.
However backward changing technique is employed for this study reference from chapter two three.
1.5 SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION AND TESTING
This study will be implemented with turbo prolong and c as a research logic program tool and tested with actual data from hospital and patient with breast cancer.
1.6 SYSTEM EVALUATION
A system prototype or (software prototype) is first established the result of diagnosis generated from the system will be compared with already expect established diagnosis on patient with breast deviation from the with expected result then the system debugged until output correspond with expected results then the system can be analyze as perfect software water fall model from diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
1.7 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI)
Artificial means man made intelligence according to the dictionary means “the capacity to apprehend facts and prepositions and their relation and to reason about them intelligence is related to the ability to recognize patterns draw conclusion analyze complex system into simple elements and resolve contradiction. However, AI can be define as the science of making machine do things that would require intelligence if done by people (Alan Turning 1950). More so, AI can be defined as the incorporation of intelligent thinking programs into machine which are executed in solving knowledge intensive “specific” problems.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Multi Level Marketing is a very popular business model in the Western countries. It is a kind of hybrid of the method of distribution of good...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION 1.2 BACKGROUND OF STUDY A password is a word or string of characters used for user authentication to prove identity of ac...Continue Reading »
3. ANALYSIS OF SINGLE AND MULTI-TELLER MODELS OR USING SIMULATION FOR REDUCING WAITING TIME: A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK AND ECO BANK, NIG. LTD» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION This chapter discusses the introductory part of the thesis. It includes the background of the study, research motivat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Computer household inventory system today encompasses either directly or indirectly ; A field of acti...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TRAFFIC OFFENCE DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM. (CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY COMMISSIONER, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Around the world road traffic injuries are a major public health challenges that requires concerted e...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION 0F AN ONLINE VEHICLE AND PLATE NUMBER REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTIONVehicle Registration in Nigeria began over 100 years ago and the records have been essentially manual which in turn has no...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Title page Approval Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents List of Figures CHAPTER ONE: 1.1 Introd...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In this project, two high performance adder cells are proposed. We simulated these two full adder cells using HSPICE in 0.18 µm, CMOS t...Continue Reading »
9. COMPUTER BASED TAXATION MONITORING SYSTEM IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A CASE STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE)» ABSTRACT This research work is about the design and implementation of a computer based system to compute taxes and revenue in Akwa Ibom State. Before ...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR A MULTI SERVICE RENTAL COMPANY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Most rental service firms today still use manual information system because their information needs are of moderate size and ...Continue Reading »