Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Educational institutions are a very vital section of the society. Their proper functioning contributes to the well being of the community. Screening and scoring is an important phenomenon of these institutions. This project work describes a computerized screening and scoring system which has been introduced in Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the admission department. The system works under mainframe's CICS or MVS system environment, and was developed using Visual Basic language.
For the proper development of a society, its educational institutions play a very important role. They provide the society something which may be termed as its backbone, i.e., the educational youth. The proper functioning of these institutions thus directly contributes to the advancement and development of the society. When looked from a system's point of view, the educational institutions comprise students, faculty, and backup facilities. If the institutions have to work efficiently and for the maximum benefit of the society, all these aspects have to be regularly evaluated.
Research has been undertaken by some faculty at Osun State Polytechnic, Iree regarding the evaluation of these different aspects. It has included the evaluation of the students, the teachers, the academic programs, and the advising system. This project is another attempt in this direction. It presents an important aspect of any Polytechnic's working.
In the admission department. First, it analyzes the present of manual working in the Screening and scoring System in Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, Osun State. Realizing the importance which computers have achieved in every field including the educational field, the project then presents a computerized system of screening and scoring. It discusses the salient features of this system and the advantages that the system has over the manual working.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This project is focused on the use of computer in scoring and screening of newly admitted student of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree. It will coordinate the basic requirement for admission, scoring and screening of each candidte, the specification of department, computing candidate information, and eventually given a report on admission status of each candidate
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVE
The aim of this project on electronic scoring and screening system is to build a system that will be effective and dependable to solve problem of manual scoring and screening system.
The objectives of this project are as follows:
1. To allow easy retrieval and indexing of data about any student without wasting time.
2. To process large volume of data:- a lot of task can be done by using computer to process large volume of data in an hour which can done manually by five personnel for days.
3. To minimize the number of staff:- the total number of personnel required in admission department is reduced since computer will take their duties.
4. Omissions and errors of scores calculation are reduced since computer is going to handle the calculation.
5. To conveniently store large data: - Records for candidates register are kept in electronic form. i.e. in the computer instead of making use of big file and paper which occupy a lot of spaces.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. Student Screening and Scoring System Supports the student admission and registration process, the maintenance of student personal, academic other related data.
2. Database maintained by this system usually contains the student’s personal, academic and all related information. It focuses on storing and processing (insertion, updating
3. Generates student information in formatted tables.
4. Generate Student’s Academic Detail Report.
5. Generate Student’s Personal Detail Report.
6. Compute the admission status of a candidate
7. It Stores Merit list provided by University
1.4 SCOPE OF STUDY
The application the Software will work for an institute conducting screening and scoring for student to be admitted into a governing university, polytechnic or college of education.
Students are admitted according to their merit in examination and their choice of course. Activities like Updating, Creations done in the system by the System Operator will be maintained in the form of tables for auditing and maintaining the integrity of the system.
1.5 JUSTIFICATION OF STUDY
Computer has widely proved to be very accurate and able to perform complex calculation with less or not error at all. The following benefits are provided by computerized scoring and screening system:
1. Easy retrieved and fast information can be achieved
2. It can conveniently store very large data
3. Number of personnel required is minimal
4. It provides better security against the access of unauthorized users.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Automation: Automation is the use of control systems and information technologies to reduce the need for human work in the production of goods and services. In the scope of industrialization, automation is a step beyond mechanization. Whereas mechanization provided human operators with machinery to assist them with the muscular requirements of work, automation greatly decreases the need for human sensory and mental requirements as well. Automation plays an increasingly important role in the world economy and in daily experience.
Screening: Screening is the investigation of a great number of something (for instance, people) looking for those with a particular problem or feature. The investigation of a large population is related; the members of a population are filtered by a metaphorical, rather than physical, screen. If only part of a population is screened, screening is equivalent to sampling in statistics.
A Computer: A computer is a programmable machine designed to sequentially and automatically carry out a sequence of arithmetic or logical operations. The particular sequence of operations can be changed readily, allowing the computer to solve more than one kind of problem. An important class of computer operations on some computing platforms is the accepting of input from human operators and the output of results formatted for human consumption. The interface between the computer and the human operator is known as the user interface. is a programmable machine designed to sequentially and automatically carry out a sequence of arithmetic or logical operations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEBACK GROUND OF STUDY1.1 INTRODUCTIONThe trend shows that more Nigerians do financial transactions electronically via banks ATMs, internet b...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Fund raising efforts at college and universities continue to be a top priority. It is clear that an institution’ s ability to realize t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Computer system infection, also known as malicious code, refers to a program that is covertly ins...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED TAX EVALUATION SYSTEM FOR CIVIL SERVANTS (A CASE STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT It is often easy to collect data about objectives of persons. However subsequent processing of such data presents problems especially when it...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Design and Implementation of motor vehicle plate system is an academic work which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain al...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Large volumes of data are usually generated in most institutions of learning today. Locating files among tons of others can thus be tedious a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study The term “Smart Home” was first coined by the American Association of House builders in 1...Continue Reading »
» AbstractAirline booking and ticketing in a commercial airline company is a project work aimed at creating a system that will enable traveler’s book ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It is well known fact that virtually all organizations whether commercial or educational need to main...Continue Reading »