Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
As we adapt to the trend in information and communication technology which is affecting every sector of our economic life, our educational system has equally been shifting from manual to computerized system. E-Library however has become and inevitable tool to the people. This new library system provides Primary and Secondary information electronically through communication network. It enables any one at any time or place to access a library’s collection without actually going to the library and at the same time honoring copyright values. This E-library is an information system which employs computerized network with digitalized materials and data.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
With the development of internet and network database, online education has become an important method in knowledge innovation, dissemination and application. So how to achieve the goals of informational and paperless examination better and make the examination more efficiently convenient and justice become an important topic in modern education field. Developing a stable online examination information system can effectively solve this problem. The system is developed based on J2EE architecture and its mainly includes three modules; user management, which is responsible for managing the information of the administrators or teachers and students test management includes the functions for administrators or teachers to select randomly questions from database to generate test papers.
Online examinations, sometimes referred to as e-examinations are the examination conductedthrough the internet or an intranet (if within any organization) for remote candidates. Most of the examinations issue results as the candidate finish the examination, when there is an answer processing modules included within the system. Candidate is given a limited time to answer the question and after the time is expired the answer paper is disabling automatically and result displayed on the screen immediately.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The present problems associated with the conduct of manual test examination are:
· Delay in release of results.
· Leakages of examination question.
· Impersonation in the examination hall.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The primary objective of this study is to develop software that will be used to administer online test/examination.
1.3 SCOPE/DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is restricted to objective based/multiple choice based online examination, instant result checking and print out.
1.4 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The followings are the limitation of the study
· Understanding the concepts and the fundamentals behind information examination/test online.
· The generation of admit card is another limitation which would require a lot of effort as huge number of students would be writing test/examination.
· No image support, so certain questions in certain courses which need images or diagrams cannot be asked.
· It supports only multiple choices and no theory.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS STUDY
The following are the significance of the study;
· The study will help to serve as a source of reference to all computer science students who might make further research on the topic.
· It will bring consistency in test/examination in the department.
· Instant result checking can be done
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
I.C.T. it is an acronym that stands for information and communication technology, it is concerned with the storage, retrieval, manipulation, transmission or receipt of digital data. It includes and communication device or application encompassing, radio, television, cellular phones, computer network hardware and software satellite system etc.
It is a software package that can be access through the web browser. The software and database resides one central server rather than being installed on the desktop system.
It is a collection of information that is organized so that it can easily be accessed, managed and updated.
A module is a discrete unit of functionality which can be compiled, ran, tested and debugged independently.
ELECTRONIC EXAMINATION (E-EXAMINATION)
It’s a system that allows students to take examinations using the computer on real time.
It is a global system of interconnected computer networks that uses the standard protocol suite (TCP/IP) to serve several billion users world wide.
It is an acronym for Information Technology. It is the branch of engineering that deals with the use of computers and telecommunications equipment to retrieve, store and transmit information.
It is the use of electronic technology to aid in the acquisition and development of knowledge and understanding.
It is a computer network that uses protocol technology to share information, operational systems, or computing services within an organization.
It is a feedback mechanism that confirms that a learner understands to a limit what a lecturer or an instructor teaches.
These are raw facts that can be store and processed by a computer.
It means a process of being connected to a system.
It is a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry not a set of arithmetic or logical operations automatically.
It is conveyed either as the content of message or through direct or indirect observation of something.
It is an instance of a computer program that is being executed.
It is a software application used to locate, retrieve and also display content on the World Wide Web, including web pages, images, videos and other files.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A SOCIAL MEDIA BASED WEB APPLICATION FOR PROSPECTIVE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS (A Case Study of Covenant University)» ABSTRACT The internet has been a platform for individuals, groups of people and companies to interact with one another through the social media. The s...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION LOGIN SYSTEM USING ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP) WITH SMS» ABSTRACTThe paper examined the design and implementation of a two factor authentication login system using OTP with SMS. The quest for the application...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction As the size of the world’s population increased so the number of queues and their queue length. In th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It sounds rather ironic that at a time when the opposition and controversy to the activities ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Predicting student academic performance has long been an important computer research topic. Among...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY One of the great recent advances in the world of information technology is the rapid development ...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED POINT OF SALES SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SHOPRITE ENUGU)» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Approval page ii Dedication iii Acknowledgment iv Abstract v Table of contents vi CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION 1. Backgro...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION There were three fundamentally distinct education systems in Nigeria in 1990. The indigenous system, Quranic Schools and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYA visa (from the Latin charta visa, meaning "paper which has been seen") is a conditional authorizat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION All academic institutions have certain criteria for admitting students into examination hall. That is why keeping the acc...Continue Reading »