Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background Of Study
Customer relationship management (CRM) is a term that refers to practices, strategies and technologies that companies use to manage and analyze customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifestyle, with the goal of improving business relationships with customers, assisting in customer retention and driving sales growth, (Raghu Ramakridhnan, 2005).
CRM designed to compiled information on customers across different channels or points of contact between the customer and the company, which could include the company’s website, telephone, live chat, marketing material, direct mail and social media. CRM systems can also give customer-facing staff detailed information on customers’ personal information, purchase history, buying preferences and concerns.
If a sales person wants to know about what issues are outstanding with customer service for a particular customer, then they have to make contact with the holders of that information and wait for a response. If the salesperson is chasing the customer, then the customer also has to wait. So, although many companies are information rich, the information is compartmentalized. It is not corporate knowledge and the ability to access information and to deliver it rapidly to customers is low – High quality customer service is compromised.
CRM enables companies to make the move towards being a customer centered organization by putting the customer at the centre of all the information that relates to them and allowing authorized people with the organization to access the information.
In a customer centered organization, sales people would have access to all information that affects their relationship with their customer. The conversations, the emails, the complaints, the complaint resolutions, all the information that has been sent to the customer, who else in the company had spoken to everything that affects their ability to service the customer and sell more product or service to them, (Lucy P. Roberts, 2004 – 2005).
CRM software consolidates customer information and documents into a single CRM database so business users can more easily access and manage it. The other main functions of this software include recording various customer interactions (over email, phone calls, social media or other channels depending on system capabilities) automating various workflow processes such as task, calendars and alerts, and giving managers the ability to track performance and productivity based on information logged within the system. Customers of a customer centered organization feel more valued. Their requests are dealt with more rapidly and accurately because all the information required to service the request is in one place. Customer centered organizations may have a higher customer retention rates than competitors organized along traditional lines because of this.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
Customer Data Management (CDM) is a solution mechanism in which an organization’s customer data is collected, managed and analyzed. CDM is geared toward resolving customer requirements and issues while enhancing customer retention and satisfaction, allowing an organization to convert customer data into Customer Intelligence (CI). Businesses need a thorough understanding of their customers’ needs if they are to retain and increase their customer base. There are problem faced by some companies like Nigeria port authority (NPA) that uses files and store information in cabinet. NPA also uses oracle database which also have the disadvantages like
The Oracle product can cost 9-10x as much as a comparable SQL server database solution for a mid-range solution. CRM final cost compared to the retail price for one license of Oracle Enterprise Edition (N14250000) retail though nobody pays full retail price.
You don’t just “install Oracle” and be done with it. It is an incredibly complex engine and usually requires specialized skills to install and maintain. For example, for a device that needs an embedded database to store sensor data, the main disadvantage would be that Oracle requires a certain amount of resources that is usually not available in small devices. For a small company or non-profit organization the main disadvantage could be the price, since Oracle license is very expensive.
Depending on the human resources available, one disadvantage could be the level of knowledge/experience needed for someone to administer it correctly. (Hobby, J., 1999)
1.3 Aims And Objectives Of The Study
The objectives which the research work aims to achieve are as follows:
- To design a user – friendly information system
- To improve the transparency in the company
- To ensure the proper filling information system
- To reduce the time spent on arranging and keeping information
- Enhance Your Sales and Support Teams
- Expand Your Customer Base
- Improve Customer Satisfaction
- Improve The Efficiency Of Your Business
1.4 Scope Of The Study
This study answer subsequent design of the computer software is limited to Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) which includes:
Details of customers, customers complaint log.
This project proffers solution to the problem generated by the existing management system.
1.5 Research Questions
This work looks to provide answers to the following questions.
- Does customer relationship management system enhance sales and services for companies?
- To what extent would the customer relationship management system enhance a company service and credibility?
1.6. Research Hypothesis
The following hypotheses are drawn out of the research questions above.
- Customer relationship management enhance safe keeping of customer
- Adoption of the CRM system will greatly enhance company sales and service.
- The growth of business by leveraging existing relationships, using information available to improve the customer relationship, the use of information to create and enable repetitive sales and support processes.
1.7 Limitation Of Study
While carrying out this project, some problems where encountered. They include;
- Lack of financial assistance
- Insufficient educational resources
1.8 SignificanceOf The Study
This project will help to promote sales and service to make the move towards being a customer centered organization by putting the customer at the centre of all the information that relates to them and allowing authorized people within the organization to access the information
- Effective method of completing or filling of forms
- Effective method of getting customer information
1.9 Definition Of Terms
- Analysis:Breaking a problem into successfully manageable parts for individual study.
- Data Flow Diagram :A diagram that shows the movement of data in a system from a point of origin to a specific destination indicated by a line and arrow.
- Allocation System: This is a set of methodology of assigning information and comment to a customer
- System: Aregularlyor orderly arrangement of components in a connected series.
- System Design: A plan for the structure and functions of an artifact.
- Client:A program that submit request to the server.
- Data: These are facts and figures sent into the computer for processing
- Database: A collection of persistent data that can be shared and interrupted.
- Information:Processed data or result (output).
- Http:Hypertransfer protocol, the protocols used to send and receive web pages over the internet using scandalized request and response messages.
- Web Browser: The tool (program) that allows the surfing of the web its used to locate web pages (e.g) Microsoft Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome,
- CRM: Customer relationship management
- Customer data management (CDM):is a solution mechanism in which an organization’s customer data is collected, managed and analyzed.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of The Study One of the recent advances in the world of information technology is the rapid development of com...Continue Reading »
2. CLOUD COMPUTING EVALUATION AND HOW IT DIFFERS TO TRADITIONAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) OUTSOURCING» ABSTRACT Cloud Computing, that is providing computer resources as a service, is a technology revolution offering flexible IT usage in a cost efficient...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Social life in most of our University is diminishing because of some factor. These limitations of social life have affec...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT INTO LIBRARY SYSTEM A library can be defined as a room or building where books are kept and referenced. It is an ...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM OF COURT PROCEEDINGS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL HIGH COURT ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACTAs the complexity and degress of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends.Jus...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION A recruitment management system is a comprehensive tool to manage the entire recruitment processes of an organization. I...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED MARKET INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF 9TH MILE CORNER NGWO)» ABSTRACTThis research is intended to highlight the role of a computerized market information system for the Nigerian breweries located in 9th Mile Cor...Continue Reading »
8. AUTOMATED COOPERATIVE SOCIETY (A CASE STUDY OF AYEDIRE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COOPERATIVE INVESTMENT AND CREDIT UNION )» ABSTRACT The proposed project topic above is centered on the critical needed for registration of both the individuals and the e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Authentication is unavoidable in any environment where sensitive information is utilized. In accessing resources via the Internet, the most c...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED CASE FILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS HIGH COURT LAGOS.)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONComputer has a relatively modest role to play at present in the proper management of organizations and modern firms. It is comp...Continue Reading »