Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1 THE PROBLEMS AND ITS SETTING
In our modern technological age, science strives as it can to alleviate the problems of man with a view of making like less tedious for him. With the advent of computers in the later forties which is regarded as one of the greatest scientific discovery, the problems of our society are gradually being reduced to their minimum level.
The aims of this project in a more improved and confined way is the use of computer in the registration of students in the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) Enugu.
The design involves the steps to software development using Visual Basic (VB) 6.0.
1.2 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to provide the overview of the existing system, sport the shortcomings, design and develop a new system that will be able to overcome these limitations of the existing system.
This project work has the intention of developing system that can provide fast retrieval, update and storage of information and data inclusively such that access to information can be done with a greater ease.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This project work is aimed at producing a system that will eliminate the difficulties and unnecessary protocols inherent in the existing system. From the feasibility study the researcher took, he came out with an alternative which is much better in terms of cost effectiveness, time saving, reliability and clearity of output.
1.4 THE STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The admission department of IMT has for long now been admitting students through only two mediums.
- Through Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Polytechnic (JAMBPOLY) Exams and
- The institution screening exercise. This project work delves more into the institutions screening exercise.
Students are expected to buy forms, fill them and submit to the department which will be scrutinized by a set committee who will inscribe “QUALIFIED” OR “NOT QUALIFIED” on each of these forms screened. After which there will be short history.
On the course of this exercise, the following problems have been identified:
- Less efficiency
- Less effectiveness
- Less reliability
- Labour demanding
- Time consuming
- Waste of material resources
- Poor security networks and
The developed new system takes control of all the above mentioned problems efficiently.
The project has the objectives of making the registration exercise less tedious for the students and even the registering staff. It is also aimed at developing a system that will restrict unauthorized access thus providing strong security to stored information. One of the prior objectives of this research work.
1.5 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project work is set to design and implementation of computerized student registration in the Institution of Management and Technology, Enugu. It covers the registration of both old and fresh students.
It does not cover the registration of students in other polytechnics of Nigerian Universities although with little amendments, it could be used by any desiring universities or polytechnic. This project does not cover records, student’s affairs and others hence it cannot be used in the processing of student’s results, students’ hostel allocation etc.
1.6 THE LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
For the fact that this research work is a spectacular one-spectacular in the sense that it is a case of providing a usable materials to a named organization which it has not before, there were not books available for retrieval of relevancies needed for this project work.
It was not easy getting some required information in writing this project as most of the information needed were considered confidential by the authority of the institution.
1.7 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
Most people ignorantly perceive the advent of computer as a great threat to their jobs hence they welcome the introduction of computers in their place of work with misgivings. In carrying out this project, the researcher is assuming that the staff of admissions department IMT Enugu has not the wrong perceptions about computers and will be to undergo training in the use of the new system.
It is also assumed that the information that are provided by the students are correct as any false information will result in corrupted output (Misinformation) rendering the whole exercise futile.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
This section defines or describes some strange words to some readers of this project work. These strange words could be information technology jargons or other borrowed terms. These include:
ORGANIZATION OF THE WORK
The researcher’s aim in choosing this topic is to show the inefficiencies and the consequences of the manual registration system that is still in use today in IMT, Enugu. This project work is arranged into six chapters.
Chapter one introduced the work, which include the requirements and the promising of the project work.
Chapter two treated the review of the related literatures. This is the chapter where that others have said about the topic is reviewed.
Chapter three explored the existing system, it implicit problems explicitly outlayed while chapter four designed the new system- SUPAPEGISTA 2000.
Chapter six contains the documentation (manual) on how to operate this new system.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTComputerized based spec analysis system includes the sets of methods that allow us to measure the dimensions and dynamics of populations. Thes...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO GENERAL LIBRARY)» ABSTRACTLibrary management system is a project which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain all the daily works of library. This project...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CONGESTION CONTROL SYSTEM FOR GSM OPERATION (A Case Study of MTN Enugu)» ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aims to develop and design an Online Hotel reservation and management system for Le Meridian Hotel, as the case study is to unders...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Result Computing and Online Result Checker are vital recurrent procedures and processes in ev...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Caritas University, Amorji Nike, Enugu, is a private University approved by the Federal Governmen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION E learning refers to the use of various kinds of electronic media and information and communication technologies (ICT) in...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY IN ACHIEVING COMMUNICATION EFFICIENCY IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of Osun State Broadcasting Corporation, Osogbo)» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of the Study The development of technology most especially in this century has impact on every sphere of human lif...Continue Reading »
9. CLOUD COMPUTING EVALUATION AND HOW IT DIFFERS TO TRADITIONAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) OUTSOURCING» ABSTRACT Cloud Computing, that is providing computer resources as a service, is a technology revolution offering flexible IT usage in a cost efficient...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Inventory management and asset tracking need to record all the durable assets of an institute. Many organizations, i.e. c...Continue Reading »