Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Table Of Content
1.1 Background Of The Study
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
1.3 Purpose Of Study
1.4 Aims And Objective Of Study
1.5 Scope Of The Problem
1.6 Limitation Of The Study
1.8 Definition Of Term
2.0 Literature Review
3.0 Description And Analysis
3.1 General Description Of The Existing System
3.2 Methods Of Data Collection Used
3.3 Objectives Of The Existing
3.4 Organization Structure
3.5 Input, Process And Output Analysis
3.6 Information Flow Diagram
3.7 Problem Of The Existing System
3.8 Justification For The New System
4.0 Design Of The New System
4.1 Output Specification And Design
4.2 Input Specification And Design
4.3 File Design
4.4 Procedure Chart
4.5 System Flowchart
4.6 System Requirements
5.0 Implementation Of The New System
5.1 Program Design
5.2 Program Flowcharts
5.3 Pseudo Codes
5.4 Source Program Listing
5.5 Test Run
6.1 System Description
6.2 Program Description
6.3 User Guide
7.0 Conclusion And Recommendations
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The federal ministry of finance was established in 1958 by the finance (control and management) ordinance, to replace the finance department. The ordinance conferred on the ministry the responsibility for the control and management of the public finance of the federation. In the 1080, attempts were made to re-organize the finance ministry either by existing some of its departments or ceding others to it. For example, in 1980 Budget office became an extra Ministerial Department under the executive office of the president and headed by a special Adviser to the president on Budget matters from 1987, the Budget office functioned once again under the ministry of finance and was surprised by its own merged with the ministry of National planning to form the office of Budget and planning in the presidency under ministry of state. Then in 1991, the Budget office was excised again from the ministry of budget and planning and returned to the ministry of finance where it is to date.
In the case of the customs, it was a department in the ministry
of finance until 1985 when it was transferred to the Ministry of
Internal Affair where it was managed under the customs, immigration and
prisons services board, however, in 1992, customs was returned to the
jurisdiction of the ministry of finance.
The revenue department is made up of three division namely Revenue Division, Petroleum Division and Research and Statistic Division. Given this background, the function of the department include monitoring, analyzing and reporting of the revenue inflow as from oil and non-oil revenue source.
In addition, the federal ministry of finance carries out revision exercise on monthly and quarterly basis, in respect of revenue from the sources (customs and excise including levies, company income task, federal government independent revenue earned by Ministry / Parastatal and operating surplus from major government parastatals.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Every organization is comprised of individuals that are recruited to offer diverse kinds of services, the cost of acquiring this task is translated into the payment made for carrying out this services.
Economic Growth Monitoring is an important aspect of any developing country particularly Nigeria, specifically. The federal Ministry of finance which is in the position to monitor and forecast Economic Growth has for sometime now been running their office activities manually. Thus the Federal Ministry of Finance is associated with the following bottlenecks.
1. As identified in the case study, on proper attempt has been
made to describe the Nigerian Economic Growth in relation to the nations
2. Quacks staffs carrying out the Economic Growth monitoring activities in the ministry: summarizing, analyzing and collection of raw data.
3. Poor record documentation
4. Non-computer literate staffs
5. Inaccuracy in Economic Growth Forecasting
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of carrying out this research in this topic is as stated below
(1) To demonstrate that computer can actually eradicate some abnormalities in Economic Growth Monitoring system in the Federal Ministry of Finance.
(2) To show the efficiency of computerizing Economic Growth Monitoring.
(3) Among all to computerize the Economic Growth Monitoring process in federal ministry of finance.
1.4 AIMS AND OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
Having identified some major problems in the Federal Ministry of Finance, the objective of this study is thus stated as follows:
1. Properly analyze the problem of the present system.
2. Design and develop a computer-based solution for Economic Growth Monitoring system that will help to forecast economic growth properly.
3. Develop a program that describes the economic growth in numerical terms; gross domestic, and inflation rate (increasing or decreasing) wage, price and employment.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE PROBLEM
This research is restricted to the federal ministry of finance in economic growth monitoring. Although it ought to cover the whole of the ministry in the federation, but due to time, finance and other logistics I had to limit myself to Enugu state branch.
In economic growth monitoring, several processes are adopted, depending on the need. Partitioning of organization in one of such.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In views of the problems with the system, insufficient materials to carryout the research study were also a constraint. Poor attitude of the staffs in the ministry to give useful information was poor. Time and finance were also factors that militated against this research work.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS.
Program: Sets of instruction that put the computer hardware component to function.
Database: Collection of related records that are stored for easy retrieval in a defined storage location.
System flowcharts: The logical flow of step wise procedures of solving a problem in computer programming.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study The continuous advancement in the information and communication technology as contributed a lot to th...Continue Reading »
41 pages | 358 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Man in search of comfort struggle to meet up with good career and for this to be achieved, it has to be started as early as p...Continue Reading »
46 pages | 185 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Historical Background of the Case Study 1.2 Aims and Objectives of the Study 1.3 The Scope of the Study 1.4 Limitation of...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 407 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. GPS AND GPRS BASED TELEMONITORING SYSTEM FOR EMERGENCY PATIENT TRANSPORTATION (A CASE STUDY OF THE EMERGENCY UNIT OF MATER MISERICORDIAE HOSPITAL AFIK...» ABSTRACT Telemonitoring during the golden hour of patient transportation helps in improved Medicare. Presently there are different physiological data ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 357 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The problem which always emanate from inadequate personnel information maintenance and management has been a torn in the flesh of the entire ...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 235 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Computers with the power of the internet have thrived in aiding communication among people. The telephone system, which i...Continue Reading »
35 pages | 475 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Over the year the leading cause of death in women aged between 35 54 years is breast cancer and second to cardio vascular...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 340 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The tremendous impact of electronic technology (like computer and computer embedded devices, computer networking, artificial intelligence, mu...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 408 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Human computer interaction (commonly referred to as HCI) researches the design and use of...Continue Reading »
47 pages | 464 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. AN EXAMINATION OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE MARKETING OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN THE DOWNSTREAM SECTOR OF THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Hitherto, to many, the concept of oil and gas was limited to the search for, work and win crude oil. So, for many decades, nations only conce...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 225 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE