Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Lottery system is a very wide field of study and can be classified in so many ways such as the U.S.A. lottery system, Kenlucky lottery system, India lottery system, and German lottery system e.t.c. But the study will be limited to the VISA LOTTERY, which is associated with the United States and the most common.
1.1.1. WHAT IS THE VISA LOTTERY?
The diversity visa lottery issues 55,000 visas each year by lottery, to nationals of countries considered under represented in the immigrant flow.
Until 1965, our immigration system favoured immigrants who reflected the ethnic characteristics of our society. Heightened concerns about racism brought about by the system civil rights movement led to the scrapping of the system. Ironically, the current visa lottery system is a throwback to the earlier race-conscious system. It structures the immigrant admission system to discriminate among immigrant seeing countries in order to increase the number of immigrants from “underrepresented” countries.
The first visa lottery provision who adopted in 1986, with a set-aside of 10,000 “special visas” for immigrants from countries “adversely affected” by the 1965 immigration act. Over three-fifths of the 10,000 visas went to immigrants from Ireland, Canada and the United Kingdom. They were adversely affected by the 1965 Act only in that residents from those countries first experienced a ceiling that had not affected them previously.
In 1990, a new permanent lottery of 55,000 visas per year was enacted, and a transitional system of 40,000 visas per year (1992 to 1994) was specified of the 108,455 transitional lottery winners who entered the united states through fiscal year 1994, 84% were from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Poland or Canada. Natives of these countries had not been suffering from any discrimination in our past administration of our immigration policy. 1995 marked the beginning of the permanent “diversity” lottery for 55,000 visas per year. Unlike the transitional system, it is supposed to discriminate against countries that have large flows of immigrants already like Mexico and the Philippines.
The Act was clearly worded, however, so that the lottery would remain open to the Irish. That is one of the major faults with the lottery system. Because it is “designer immigration” it invites tinkering for or against nationals of a given foreign country.
1.1.2 LEGISLATIVE DEVELOPMENTS
In November 1994, by executive agreement, President Clinton accepted to set-up a one-country immigrant visa lottery for Cubans. In November 1997, congress adopted an amnesty for Nicaraguans and Cubans and special screening provisions for other Central Americans who have come illegally to the United States during the revolutionary fighting in their homelands. To offset this adjustment process, the ceiling of 55,000 on lottery immigrants who lowered to until the amnesty process was completed.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Despite the services rendered by zone lottery organization and post offices, unfortunately, the formal manual system of lottery processing has some unbearable disadvantages. There are:
- There is a question of equity in which sponsored family applicants are required a wait of years to get a visa.
- The issue of unfairness to applicants, which brings about some applicants not knowing whether their application wasn’t received or they just didn’t win the lottery.
- The issue of imposters whereby someone enters the lottery for someone else by forging the signature.
- Time consuming and sternums both to the post-workers and the applicants.
- The applicant’s applications are so voluminous and tends to get missing in one way or the other.
1.3 THE AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aim of the project is to use a visual Basic 6.0 to design and implements computer based lottery processing system.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
i. To reduce the voluminous forms of the application.
ii. To create a file in which applicant fills in the application form right there on the net.
iii. To eliminates the risk involved in carrying physical cash and cheque as the only means of payment in the formal system.
iv. To create a conducive atmosphere between the post office and applicants.
1.4 SCOPE OF THIS STUDY
This study reduce the immigrant population on a particular country in which by selecting applicants mostly from country which entire can be sold on internet or post machine. During the process of the research, lots of constraints were encountered. These are:- in adequate time, finance, clash program, lack of material
This work is designed for solely at creating a computer based lottery which allows entire to be sold over the phone, ATM, post machine, E-mail or via kiosks in which participants are invited to choose at least one unique number from a defined range of numbers.
1.6 DEFINITION OF OPERATIONAL TERMS
COMPUTER:-This is an electronic device, which receives inputs, process and then relinquishes output at a fantastic speed.
PROGRAM:-This is a sequence of instructions written in a computer acceptable language so that computer can understand and carrying out the required task.
INPUT:-Data to be put and processed by the computer.
OUTPUT: This is the final result of a processed input.
SYSTEM:-This is a connection of sub-part/unit which interacts functionally to achieve a specific objective.
INFORMATION:-This is that substance expressed in concrete form, which creates impetus to perform an action.
DATA:-These are raw facts which are subject to further processing before it becomes meaningful and useful.
ON-LINE:- Equipment, devices, communication networks and persons that are in direct communication with the central processing unit at terminals.
FLOWCHART:- This is a graphical representation of programs in symbols of algorithm.
ATM:- This is an automatic teller machines used in keying in data.
POS MACHINE:- This is a point of scale machine used at terminals for imputing data.
INTERNET:- This is a massive network of computer terminals which offers users access to vast quantities of information and easy global communication.
W.W.W:- This is the most versatile tool available on the internet
VISA LOTTERY: The Diversity Immigrant Visa program is a United States congressionally mandated lottery program for receiving a United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card Lottery.
E-MAIL: Electronic mail, one of the services offered by the internet, its entail data transfer between two or more people on the net regardlesss of distance.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThis project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on National Identity card. It is also aimed at keeping r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Computers will remain an integral part of life; this is as a result of increasing number of areas where they...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It is well known fact that virtually all organizations whether commercial or educational need to main...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PRODUCTION SCHEDULER SYSTEM (A Case Sudy Of Okin Biscuit Offa, Kwara State)» ABSTRACT This project work titled design and implementatiom of a computerized production scheduler assignment problem approach. Deals with how machine...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED CASE FILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS HIGH COURT LAGOS.)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONComputer has a relatively modest role to play at present in the proper management of organizations and modern firms. It is comp...Continue Reading »
6. Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Cargo Transportation Management System (A Case Study Of Super Maritime Shipping Agency Lagos)» Abstract This project was out of the necessity to address the inherent problems encountered by members of staff of super maritime shipping Agency and ...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED SEAPORT BILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN PORT AUTHORITY LAGOS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria Ports Authority is a government owned organization under the supervision of the federal M...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTIONThe interconnection of computer with other related office equipments are finding increasing application in almost all field of human e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Digital museums appeared in the Internet many years ago. First digital museums have emerged since 1991. Howeve...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TRANSCRIPT GENERATING SYSTEM (COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT, UNICAL)» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION A system is a collection of inter related and inter connected components that work together to perfo...Continue Reading »