Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
A car rental or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short period of time for a fee whether in a few hours or a few days or week. It is an elaborate form of a rental shop, often organized with numerous local branches (which allow a user to return a vehicle to a different location), and primarily 'located near airports or busy city areas and often complemented by a website allowing online reservations.
Car rental agencies primarily serve people who have a car that is temporarily out Of reach or out of service, for example travelers who are out of town or owners of damaged or destroyed vehicles who are awaiting repair or insurance compensation. Because of the variety of sizes of their vehicles, car rental agencies may also serve the self-moving industry needs, by renting vans or trucks, and in certain markets other types of vehicles such as motorcycles or scooters may also be offered (Mohd, 2012).
Car rental companies operate by purchasing or leasing a number of fleet vehicles and renting them to their customers for a fee. Rental fleets can be structured in several ways – they can be owned outright (these are known as ‘risk vehicles’ because the car rental operator is taking a risk on how much the vehicle will be sold for when it is removed from service), they can be leased, or they can be owned under a guaranteed buy-back program arranged directly through a manufacturer or manufacturer’s financial arm (Walter, 2012).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In an organization running a car rental service, the Process on searching the client details is slow if the company is using manual system and there are thousands of clients. Besides that, staffs have to record the booking manually and it is difficult to produce a monthly report or an annual report. Manual system does not allow client to booking online and hard to keep track on the record of rental cars.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to design and implementation a car rental system for an organization. Specific objectives of the study are:
1. To develop a simple and secure system that protects clients information and confidential information of the organization.
2. To design a user friendly system that enables client check for availability of vehicle and book or reserve a vehicle online.
3. To design a system that enables clients pay their car rent online.
4. To develop a system that stores bookings and reservation information as well as payment history to help the organization keep track of transactions.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research project will help solve the numerous problems associated with the manual way of doing things. Errors, waste of precious time will be eliminated with the system. This will in turn enhance productivity and efficiency in the organization.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The system will be designed using MYSQL and PHP programming languages.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Car: A car is a wheeled, self-powered motor vehicle used for transportation and a product of the automotive industry.
Car Rental: A car rental, hire car, or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short periods of time, generally ranging from a few hours to a few weeks.
Management Information System: A management information system (MIS) focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making.
(CRMS): Car Rental Management System is a web-based vehicle reservation system.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Caritas University, Amorji Nike, Enugu, is a private University approved by the Federal Gover...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED ANTENATAL INFORAMTION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF PARK-LANE HOSPITAL)» ABSTRACT The Antenatal unit in the outpatient Department of any hospital letters for medical advices and treatments to payment mothers before delivery...Continue Reading »
3. AN EXAMINATION OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE MARKETING OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN THE DOWNSTREAM SECTOR OF THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Hitherto, to many, the concept of oil and gas was limited to the search for, work and win crude oil. So, for many decades, nations only conce...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The use of Internet of thing (IOT) has increased overtime with the advancement in the level of te...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on the impact of computer in rural area. The total population for the study is 200 selected residents in selected communities i...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A SMART DEVICE THAT COUNTS THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE INSIDE A CONFERENCE HALL; AND PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM ENTERING ONCE THE ROOM...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The industrial batch counter is an electronic and electrical device that handles the counting and controls the flow of indivi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study The continuous advancement in the information and communication technology as contributed a lot to th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTInformation is an important aspect of life. Vital information is the life wire or backbone of any organization. From sports statistics to the ...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTOMATED SOFTWARE FOR THE PUSH AND PULL METHOD OF SOLVING LINEAR PROGRAMMING PROBLEMS.» ABSTRACT This research work focused on solving Linear Programming Problems with the objective of identifying and reducing the computational complexiti...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF THE USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN KATSINA STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The use of ICT could be an effective tool in attaining any goal set by Tertiary Institutions, the...Continue Reading »