Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Outpatient management systems in hospital today necessitate a competent administration when handling patients, generating reports, patient details which serves as a key factor for the flow of business transactions in Sokoto State Specialist Hospital. Unfortunately the current outpatient management system leads to misplacement of drug details, and late release of reports and insecurity to records. This research project is aimed at computerizing all the records about patients, staff and doctors management.
In order to achieve this goal, a thorough System Study and investigation was carried out and data was collected and analyzed about the current system using document and data flow diagrams. The concept of report production has been computerized hence, no more delay in report generation to the hospital manager. Errors made on hand held calculators are dealt out completely The method used to develop the system include iterative waterfall model approach, dataflow, logical and entity relationship diagram were used to design the system and finally the language used were MySql and php
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
A Hospital is an institution with an organized medical and nursing staff provide a
range of medical service, like surgery, for people requiring intensive treatment or observation. It may also include facilities for childbirth as well as various out-patient departments. A Hospital make up of various departments where various cases and handled. For example
1. The surgery department where patients are operated on in the theaters.
2. Obstetrics and gynecology unit where pregnant women are taken care of.
3. Pediatric department where you treat children.
An outpatient is a patient who does not reside in the clinic where he/she is being treated. The registers of the outpatients are used for documentation of the outpatients. The documentation of the outpatients. The data for outpatient registers are registration number, name of patient, age, sex, registration address etc. The outpatient unit is made up of casuality section, records, outpatient, theaters, various clinics etc. The treatment of the outpatients ends in the outpatient department which that of the inpatients ends in their various wards.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It could be very burdensome for someone who is seriously ill. It wounded or weak to queue on hospital line waiting for the doctor to attend to him or to pay for service and also get drugs. But when the designing and implementation of a computerize outpatient information system is achieved, a lot of problems will be documented for the outpatient. These problems include:
- Time wastage
- Absence of doctors involved
- File sorting
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
Hospital organization today is an essential part of the medical care scheme, owing to the increasing complexity of medical problem. It is very necessary that medical practitioners and specialists have an up to data and automated services.This study will examine the problem arising from manual operations of the outpatient information system and how these can be conquered by introducing the computer. This research work also aims at designing a statement that can replace the manual operations of the outpatient information system
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is that it eliminates:-
(i) Time Wastage: - When this study is practiced the time an outpatient wastes in registering seeing the doctor, buying drugs will be eliminated. Because it will no longer be handled manually rather it is going to be computer based.
(ii) It also eliminates inconveniency: - In a situation whereby a patient registered in the clinic for the past three and later came back in the fourth year for the check up, the information of that out-patient can be accessed convenient using the computer, rather than searching for the outpatient information or records manually
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is limited to the design and implementation of a computerize outpatient information system for the Specialist Hospital Sokoto.
It is assumed that all the data located are true valid. It is also assumed that the basic requirements of the outpatient information system should not be changed often so that the program will score for a very long time.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
DIAGNOSIS: It means a determination of an individual’s disease, illness, or injury, made by a health care provider.
PATIENT: A person who is receiving medical care form a doctor.
OUTPATIENT: A patient who is not an inpatient (not hospitalized), but instead comes to a doctor’s office, clinic or day surgery for treatment.
INPATIENT: A patient living in the hospital where he is being treated
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Fund raising efforts at college and universities continue to be a top priority. It is clear that an institution’ s ability to realize t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Massive integration of information technology into all aspects of modern life caused demand for proce...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGNING AND AUTOMATED AND WEB-BASED APPLICATION FOR STUDENT ONLINE COMMUNICATION AND REDUCTION OF ANTI SOCIALISM» CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTIONSocial life in most of our University is diminishing because of some factor. These limitations of social life have affected...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SMS BASED WATER BILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF BAGUDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT WATER BOARD, KEBBI STATE)» ABSTRACT Billing is a critical function of most Water Boards especially towards sending the bill to their consumers. Most problems, currently seen, re...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION It is safe to say that most activities such as apartment allocation carried out in most cities in Ni...Continue Reading »
» Website designers make use of graphics to design their products. They therefore need a steady of fresh images that they can use for their designs. On ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In the past, security was simply a matter of locking the door or storing files in a locked filing cabinet or safe. Today,...Continue Reading »
8. Design And Implementation Of Student Rating Of Teacher Effectiveness System (A Case Study Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University)» CHAPTER ONEGENERAL INTRODUCTION1.0 INTRODUCTIONTeacher rating is one of the topics which require pertinent attention by our education regulatory syste...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONMaterial Procurement can be defined as the purchase of goods or services at a total cost of the optimum possible in the cor...Continue Reading »
10. SIMULTANEOUS AND SINGLE GENE EXPRESSION: COMPUTATIONAL ANALYSIS FOR MALARIA TREATMENT DISCOVERYSIMULTANEOUS AND SINGLE GENE EXPRESSION: COMPUTATIONAL ...» ABSTRACT The major aim of this work is to develop an efficient and effective k means algorithm to cluster malaria microarray data to enable the extrac...Continue Reading »