Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 General Introduction
An E-commerce is the trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Internet (Wikipedia, 2015). Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web for at least one part of the transaction's life cycle, although it may also use other technologies such as e-mail. Every business that want to shoot online, irrespective of it types need an e-commerce software product that fits your online store's unique needs and requirements. For the past years e-commerce has been the trend for most business spanning across different cities and countries. Where product and service can be deliver through their web service and delivery is done using different transport medium like ship, car or through post office.
This work is an attempt at delivering an online shopping cart system capable of delivering goods and services on demand, using a small Mobile outlet as a case study.
Chapter one introduces the research work and the problem definition of the research, and to know the aim of this research work, research justification tells us why it is important to research on this topic; it also covers areas like scope and limitation of study which entails the boundary of this work. Definition of terms gives summarize what each chapter entails.
1.3 Problem Definition
This research work was undertaken to solve the various challenges encountered in showcasing and delivering goods and services to different client around the globe. Some business which have online presence have weaker cart system to take care of multi purchases while some with no online presence at all like SB DESIGNS, the new system is made known to them to ease their manual way of managing purchases. Every business transaction involve an online presence for transaction to be successfully executed
1.4.0 OBLECTIVE OF STUDY
In view of the problems mentioned above, this project is aimed at implementing an online shopping cart system for SB DESIGNS, a mobile shop. It will exclusively:
· Display goods and services in the store
· Automate every sales effectively without mixing product prizes
· Store product detail using a secure database.
1.5 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
This research work is “Design and implementation of computerised shopping cart system for a GSM/Mobile shop case study SB DESIGNS”. The system will be a web-based application and will be implemented on a relational database system (MySQL). Java Programming language will be used in designing the system while MySQL database is used for the backend.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF STUDY
This research work is to develop a system capable of handling sales by automating in itself a cart system that stores all sales details prior to when the user request close the sales service.
1. The system will also incorporate in its design a billing system that will display the total sales and product at the close of each transaction.
2. The system will not incorporate in its development all the functions of a functional business activities system but will focus only on the aforementioned functionalities. The system will not be responsible for any loss of data if its environment (network/system installed on) is corrupt.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERM
· Application Service Provider (ASP): is defined as an enterprise that delivers application functionality and associated services across a network to multiple customers using a rental or usage-based transaction-pricing model.
· E-commerce: Electronic commerce, commonly written as e-commerce, is the trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Internet.
· Electronic data interchange (EDI): Electronic data interchange (EDI) is an electronic communication method that provides standards for exchanging data via any electronic means.
· Merchant: a person or company involved in wholesale trade, especially one dealing with foreign countries or supplying goods to a particular trade.
· URL: is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator and is a reference (an address) to a resource on the Internet
· Shopper: a person who is shopping.
· Web hosting service (WHS): is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web.
· Web server: are computers that deliver (serves up) Web pages
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN EDUCATION AMONG THE GOVERNMENT SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS STUDENTS IN KADUNA NORTH EDUC...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Approval page i Declaration ii Dedication iii Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTI...Continue Reading »
2. Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Cargo Transportation Management System (A Case Study Of Super Maritime Shipping Agency Lagos)» Abstract This project was out of the necessity to address the inherent problems encountered by members of staff of super maritime shipping Agency and ...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PURCHASING INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SHOP AND SAVE SUPERMARKET, UYO)» ABSTRACT In almost all business area purchasing information system has been indispensable. The operation of this system has over decade been practiced...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of The Study Man by nature is social, gregarious and cannot live in isolation. To maintain peace and harmony i...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED MAILING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE (NIPOST) UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Introduction This chapter introduces a computerized mailing system. It focuses on the theoretical background of the research,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Online Examination System is a web base application that establishes a network between an institu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Products are considered as the business resources for the organization. This includes managing the product with appropria...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An electronic library (also referred to as digital library or digital repository) is a focused collection of digital obje...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED POPULATION CENSUS MONITORING SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION» ABSTRACT The purpose of the study was to design and implement a computer based population monitoring system for Enugu State.The researcher critically ...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 INTRODUCTION Transport or transfer is the movement of groups and goods from one location to a different. Transportation helps profile an area&rsqu...Continue Reading »