Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 General Introduction
An E-commerce is the trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Internet (Wikipedia, 2015). Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web for at least one part of the transaction's life cycle, although it may also use other technologies such as e-mail. Every business that want to shoot online, irrespective of it types need an e-commerce software product that fits your online store's unique needs and requirements. For the past years e-commerce has been the trend for most business spanning across different cities and countries. Where product and service can be deliver through their web service and delivery is done using different transport medium like ship, car or through post office.
This work is an attempt at delivering an online shopping cart system capable of delivering goods and services on demand, using a small Mobile outlet as a case study.
Chapter one introduces the research work and the problem definition of the research, and to know the aim of this research work, research justification tells us why it is important to research on this topic; it also covers areas like scope and limitation of study which entails the boundary of this work. Definition of terms gives summarize what each chapter entails.
1.3 Problem Definition
This research work was undertaken to solve the various challenges encountered in showcasing and delivering goods and services to different client around the globe. Some business which have online presence have weaker cart system to take care of multi purchases while some with no online presence at all like SB DESIGNS, the new system is made known to them to ease their manual way of managing purchases. Every business transaction involve an online presence for transaction to be successfully executed
1.4.0 OBLECTIVE OF STUDY
In view of the problems mentioned above, this project is aimed at implementing an online shopping cart system for SB DESIGNS, a mobile shop. It will exclusively:
· Display goods and services in the store
· Automate every sales effectively without mixing product prizes
· Store product detail using a secure database.
1.5 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
This research work is “Design and implementation of computerised shopping cart system for a GSM/Mobile shop case study SB DESIGNS”. The system will be a web-based application and will be implemented on a relational database system (MySQL). Java Programming language will be used in designing the system while MySQL database is used for the backend.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF STUDY
This research work is to develop a system capable of handling sales by automating in itself a cart system that stores all sales details prior to when the user request close the sales service.
1. The system will also incorporate in its design a billing system that will display the total sales and product at the close of each transaction.
2. The system will not incorporate in its development all the functions of a functional business activities system but will focus only on the aforementioned functionalities. The system will not be responsible for any loss of data if its environment (network/system installed on) is corrupt.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERM
· Application Service Provider (ASP): is defined as an enterprise that delivers application functionality and associated services across a network to multiple customers using a rental or usage-based transaction-pricing model.
· E-commerce: Electronic commerce, commonly written as e-commerce, is the trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Internet.
· Electronic data interchange (EDI): Electronic data interchange (EDI) is an electronic communication method that provides standards for exchanging data via any electronic means.
· Merchant: a person or company involved in wholesale trade, especially one dealing with foreign countries or supplying goods to a particular trade.
· URL: is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator and is a reference (an address) to a resource on the Internet
· Shopper: a person who is shopping.
· Web hosting service (WHS): is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web.
· Web server: are computers that deliver (serves up) Web pages
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED POINT OF SALES SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF GOLDEN TOAST ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The global community especially the technologically advanced world is striving to attain what has been the global information age. It is an a...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 529 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyIn the olden days, financial institution in Nigeria did almost all their transactions manually, to a...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 361 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTIn this project work, we present a way to bring information to students by leveraging the availability of phones (with SMS capability). We rev...Continue Reading »
35 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. Development of a Short Message Service (SMS) Based Server for an Auto Text Response System for First Aid Treatment» ABSTRACT Emergencies resulting from accidents and illness occur all around us in everyday life and knowledge of what action needs to be taken to manag...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 219 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of The Study One of the recent advances in the world of information technology is the rapid development of com...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 395 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Electronic found transfer system is an organized process of transferring fund through electronic means by the use of computer...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 145 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» Abstract There are around 200+ different currencies used in different countries around the world. Conversion from one currency to another is a very im...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 25 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Computer are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical field. However, title or no thought has been given ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Pharmacy management system is a management system that is designed to improve accuracy and to enhance safety and efficien...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 322 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTIO 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY With the growth in technology, there have kind of advancement in software development. Innovation ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 195 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE