Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
ABSTRACT The study examines the design and implementation of an online bus ticket reservation system. The system solves the problem of inconveniencing passengers who may not be physically present at the bus terminal to buy a bus ticket at a particular time. The system was achieved using the PHP and MYSQL technologies.
Bus Ticket Reservation System enables the bus company's customer to buy bus ticket online; this is an easy method which saves a lot of time, it will enable customers in their comfort zone, to search for available tickets and get their data easily without any prior experience with queuing at the counter. E-ticket is the easier and quickest way to take bus. The online system is a new system because it hasn’t exists in Bus Company and even in AKTC. Currently, staffs at the bus ticket counter are using an internal system to sell ticket at the counter. Customers are unable to buy bus ticket online at this moment and have to go to the counter to buy bus ticket. Sometimes, customer needs to queue up a long queue to buy bus ticket and ask for information. This brings a lot of inconvenience to the customers. With the Internet now routinely being used as a resource for Bus Ticket Reservation, customer can buy bus ticket, make payment, and ask for information online easily. Furthermore, staff can sell bus ticket using Bus Ticket Reservation System after checking bus ticket availability for the customer and print the bus ticket to the customer that queue up in the counter.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Akwa Ibom State Transport Company currently operates a manual way of issuing out bus tickets. This system is usually cumbersome for a prestigious company with a large customer base. Customers sometimes queue in lines to buy tickets, thereby wasting precious and productive time for both the transport company and the passengers.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to develop an Online Bus Ticket Reservation for AKTC. To;
- Provide a website where information about Bus can be stored and viewed by passengers.
- Enable customers check the time departure and arrival for every bus through the system.
- Retrieve and update Bus records
- To ease the bus ticket payment by online. Customer has to pay the bus ticket by Credit Card.
SCREEN SHOTS OF THE APPLICATION
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
An online Bus Ticket Reservation is a broad study, however, all the areas cannot be covered at once, this work is therefore limited in the automation of the process of passengers checking the availability of tickets and having information of Bus fares. This study is limited to Akwa Ibom Transport Company located in Akwa Ibom State.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
An online Bus Ticket Reservation is a significant tool, it will enable people from any point, to search for available tickets and get their data easily without any prior experience queuing at the counter. Below is some of the significance of this research work:
- Customers can check availability of the bus ticket, buy bus ticket, and pay the bus ticket online.
- To ease off stress of queuing at the counter.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Many factors have limited this study, some of these factors are: TIME – The time allocated to research work for this study was greatly constrained due to intense academic activities involving the researcher. FINANCE – The major constraints for this study occurred in the form of inadequate funds. The present high cost of material, access to a personal computer unit for running and debugging of the application program, transportation expenses to and fro the site of computer etc. militated against the smooth and easy advancement of the work.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
During the course of writing this seminar work, some words that need explanation are as follows:
- Bus Number – This uniquely identifies a Bus.
- Administrator – Refers to an authorized official of the airline who has the authority to change and update the databases.
- Reservation - The written record or promise of an arrangement by which accommodations are secured in advance. (WordWeb 5.1, WordNet Database).
- System - This is any collection of component elements that work together to perform a task.
- Module – One of a set of separate parts which, when combined, form a complete whole.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» INTRODUCTIONBACKGROUND OF THE STUDYIn recent times, there has been a great need driven towards the maximizing of data transfer between communication t...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION LOGIN SYSTEM USING ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP) WITH SMS» ABSTRACTThe paper examined the design and implementation of a two factor authentication login system using OTP with SMS. The quest for the application...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY A computer network or data network is a telecommunications network which allows computers to exch...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Building and assembling a computer system, gives maximum satisfaction to the user and a very rewarding experience. To Assembl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of The Study Paper based health records are rapidly becoming outdated. They are easily lost, are subject t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The hotel front office management information system is the control center for the property and workers at the supervisory le...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work is concerned with the use of the internet in banking operation.The internet in its ever evolving state, is becoming a serio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In business reactions, stocks are the assets of the organization in terms of materials, goods...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In recent times, it has become a necessity to obtain a security measure for computer networks due to the high influx of perpetrators using th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION A multimedia computer system is computer system that can create, import, integrate, store, retrieve, edit, and delete two...Continue Reading »