Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 94 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examines the design and implementation of a website for a computer school. The system solves the problem of inconveniencing students and members of the public who may not be computer illiterate or may not be physically present to register and read information about the computer school and register immediately on the website. The system was achieved using the HTML and CSS technologies for web applications.
People are surfing the web and relying on web sites more than ever to research companies, compare offerings and form opinions about brands and companies. Living in the digital world, a website is now a necessity for a business, big or small. If you have a business and don’t have a website, you are probably losing a number of great opportunities for your business. A website itself can be used to accomplish many different marketing strategies to help your business grow. The web has a far wider reach than any other form of advertising. Increasing visibility is one major factor that makes having a website important. Even if people have heard about your company, they may want to carry out research online first, before entertaining the idea of leaving the comfort of their own home. Websites usually provide a map and directions to company`s shops or offices, for visitors to less likely have trouble finding your location. Another important reason why having a website to represent your business is to give you credibility. A website will not only give you credibility but it will also help to give the impression that your company is bigger and more successful than it may actually be.
Websites are also available and accessible 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Because of this, your customers and potential customers can visit your site for support or information about new and upcoming products and services whenever it is convenient for them. Your website will act as an invaluable and always-available resource for information which would otherwise only be accessible during your company`s business hours.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Most computer school currently operates a manual way of issuing out information about their services. This system is usually cumbersome for a prestigious company with a large customer base. Customers sometimes queue in lines to make enquiries and make findings about the services rendered, thereby wasting precious and productive time for both the computer school and the customer.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to develop a Website for a computer school to increase -
1. Visibility- Increasing visibility is one major factor that makes having a website important. Even if people have heard about your company, they may want to carry out research online first, before leaving the house. Provide a map and directions to your company's shops or offices on your website so that visitors are less likely to have trouble finding the place.
2. Accessibility- A website is online and accessible 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Because of this, your customers and potential customers can visit your site for support or information about new and upcoming products and services whenever it is convenient for them. Your website will act as an invaluable and always-available resource for information which would otherwise only be accessible during your company's business hours.
3. Sales- Your website can sell products at any time. Potential customers are not restricted to business hours. Instead, they can go online and purchase products whenever they want. A website with an online shop can provide a dramatic boost in sales.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Designing and implementing a website is a broad study, however, all the areas cannot be covered at once, and this work is therefore limited in the automation of the process of computer enthusiasts checking the services and availability of services about a computer school.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
A website for any business is a significant tool, it will enable people from any point, to search and read about your computer school and get their data easily without any prior experience queuing at the counter.
Below is some of the significance of this research work:
1. Customers can check availability of all the services offered by this company, call to make enquiries online.
2. To ease off stress of queuing at the counter.
3. Easily locate the business with the aid of Google map integrated on the website.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Many factors have limited this study, some of these factors are:
TIME – The time allocated to research work for this study was greatly constrained due to intense academic activities involving the researcher.
FINANCE – The major constraints for this study occurred in the form of inadequate funds. The present high cost of material, access to a personal computer unit for running and debugging of the website, transportation expenses to and fro the site of a computer school etc. militated against the smooth and easy advancement of the work.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
During the course of writing this research work, some words that need explanation are as follows:
- Computer School - refers to resources, companies and services dedicated to helping educate users on computer-related topics.
- Websites - A website is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, typically identified with a common domain name, and published on at least one web server.
- HTML - Hypertext Markup Language is the standard markup language for creating web pages and web applications.
- CSS- Cascading Style Sheets is a style sheet language used for describing the presentation of a document written in a markup language.
- CUSTOMER - a person who buys goods or services from a shop or business.
- ONLINE - controlled by or connected to a computer. (Of an activity or service) available on or performed using the Internet or other computer network.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information management has become a major strategic factor in companies’ development. It is imp...Continue Reading »
2. WEB-BASED SYSTEM FOR LAND TITLE APPLICATION (CASE STUDY: NIGER STATE MINISTRY OF LAND AND HOUSING)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Every country, people, communit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The American institutes of accountants defines the term inventory as “the aggregate of these it...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF S.E.D.I ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION A quality control system in production management is a qualitative technique with strong financial implication having dir...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE ATM CARD REQUEST AND DELIVERY SYSTEM WITH TRACKER (A CASE STUDY OF GUARANTEE TRUST BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT Online ATM Card request and delivery system with tracker is a system designed to assist bank customers and financial institutions computerize...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The tremendous impact of electronic technology (like computer and computer embedded devices, computer networking, artificial intelligence, mu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction While most modern electrical appliances receive their power directly from the utility grid, a growing number of everyday ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Tourism is the travel for recreation, leisure, religious, family business purposes, usually of a limi...Continue Reading »
» AbstractThe aim of this study was to determine the impact of social media on modern journalism in Makurdi metropolis. To achieve this aim, the survey ...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A FIXED ASSET MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNITED AFRICAN COMPANY OF NIGERIA (UACN) DEVELOPMENT COMPAN...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Fixed asset management information system is a sub operation in financial accounting that take care of the degeneration of as...Continue Reading »