Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Products are considered as the business resources for the organization. This includes managing the product with appropriate way to review any time as per the requirement. Therefore, it is important to have a web-based Product Expiration System which has the ability to generate reports, report products expiry dates, maintain the balance of the stock, details about the purchase and sales in the organization, which helps to minimize loses to the business or negative health hazards to consumers. These web applications can be used by large or small business organization for the management of their stock in the production houses. After analyzing the other Product Expiration systems, we decided to include some of common and key features that should be included in every Product Expiration system. The Product Expiration System is a complete web-based application designed with HTML, CSS and PHP technology. The main aim of the project is to develop Product Expiration System Model software in which all the information regarding the stock of the organization will be presented. It is an internet based application which has admin component to manage the inventory and maintenance of the inventory system. This application is based on the management of stock of an organization. The application contains general organization profile, sales details, Purchase details and expiration dates presented in the organization. There is a provision of updating the inventory also.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To develop the easy management of the inventory.
2. To handle the inventory details like purchase details, manufacturer details and expiration dates of Products.
3. To maintain a record of batches of product brought to the store.
4. To keep a record of product brought to the store.
5. To detect about to expire and expired products in the store.
6. To calculate the loss on expired products.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Health hazards to consumers and huge loss to businesses have been the major challenges posed by expired products. Manually taking stock of products by small scale/medium scale business owners are still prone to human errors. When consumers are exposed to expired products, they may have various health challenges ranging from stomach upsets to food poisoning (which may result to death).
Apart from law suits the shop owner may face, he/she will be losing money if the products in the store expires without his/her notice.
These challenges are the main reasons the researcher sought to develop a computerized system that notifies shop owners and managers of impending products that are about to expire. This system is significant in the sense that it will curb loses and prevent health hazards to consumers.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
To develop a web Product Expiration system to assist business owners take stock and regulate product expiring dates, solves the tedious work and activities in calculating and taking stocks of large product for large business owners in which they end up missing expiry dates, mis-calculating and discarding some important figures, with this Inventory system, business owners can now take stock, check product expiration dates, calculate their products left with just a click.
The system can aid Shop owners and managers make prompt and informed decisions of products that are about to expire. Clearance sales, Immediate Consumption of Products, Gifting of Product etc. could be good measures that can be taken to minimize loss to the business or prevent health hazards to consumers.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Product Expiration System is targeted to the small or medium organization which doesn’t have proper records of their products, also for those organization that deals with products that expire, a proper system to keep track of product expiration is important.
The study will focus primarily on Shoprite Mall Enugu.
1. 1. 6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Inventory - a complete list of items such as property, goods in stock, or the contents of a building/ warehouse.
Stock - The goods or merchandise kept on the premises of a shop or warehouse and available for sale or distribution.
Product- an article or substance that or is manufactured refined for sale.
Expiring date- date ofshelf life of a product. Might still be safe, but quality is no longer guaranteed.
Web application – A web application is a computer application program that utilizes web browsers and web technology to perform takes over the internet.
Transaction - an instance of buying or selling something.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to s...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED TOURISM INFORMATION SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF OWERRI IN IMO STATE) NOTE: YOU CAN CHANGE THE CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. It plays an important part in nation’s economy by p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Fund raising efforts at college and universities continue to be a top priority. It is clear that an institution’ s ability to realize t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The academic environment has gone so complex that an automated system may be required to automate certain aspects of the acad...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN E-BANKING AND CYBER CRIME IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIDELITY BANK PLC, 2011-2015)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY There are few innovations that have changed the dynamics of banking as much as the e banking revolu...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR A MULTI SERVICE RENTAL COMPANY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Most rental service firms today still use manual information system because their information needs are of moderate size and ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Computer are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical field. However, title or no thought has been given ...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UYO CITY POLYTECHNIC, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is widely believed that all tests will one day be delivered on a computer of some sort (Bennet...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF DIGITAL LIBRARY SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF IBOM E-LIBRARY, OFF IBB WAY, UYO)» ABSTRACT As we adapt to the trend in information and communication technology which is affecting every sector of our economic life, our educational sy...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Ever since Postgres released the first object relational database system (ORDBMS) in 1986, ORDBMSs have been seen as the next...Continue Reading »