The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A sports league is a group of sports teams or individual athletes that compete against each other in a specific sport. At its simplest, it may be a local group of amateur athletes who form teams among themselves and compete on weekends; at its most complexes, it can be an international professional league making large amounts of money and involving dozens of teams and thousands of players.
In many cases, organizations that function as leagues are described using a different term, such as association, conference, leader board, or series. This is especially common in individual sports, although the term "league" is sometimes used in amateur individual sports such as golf.
The term "league" is also sometimes applied to competitions that would more traditionally be called tournaments, such as the UEFA Champions League, which is organized with multiple small round-robin competitions followed by a single elimination tournament to choose an overall winner.
There are artifacts and structures that suggest that the Chinese engaged in sporting activities as early as 2000 BC. Gymnastics appears to have been a popular sport in China's ancient past. Monuments to the Pharaohs indicate that a number of sports, including swimming and fishing, were well-developed and regulated several thousands of years ago in ancient Egypt. Other Egyptian sports included javelin throwing, high jump, and wrestling. Ancient Persian sports such as the traditional Iranian martial art of Zourkhaneh had a close connection to the warfare skills. Among other sports that originate in ancient Persia are polo and jousting.
Sport activity is an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
A wide range of sports were already established by the time of Ancient Greece and the military culture and the development of sports in Greece influenced one another considerably. Sports became such a prominent part of their culture that the Greeks created the Olympic Games, which in ancient times were held every four years in a small village in the Peloponnesus called Olympia.
Sports have been increasingly organized and regulated from the time of the ancient Olympics up to the present century. Industrialization has brought increased leisure time to the citizens of developed and developing countries, leading to more time for citizens to attend and follow spectator sports, greater participation in athletic activities, and increased accessibility. These trends continued with the advent of mass media and global communication. Professionalism became prevalent, further adding to the increase in sport's popularity, as sports fans began following the exploits of professional athletes through radio, television, and the internet — all while enjoying the exercise and competition associated with amateur participation in sports.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The following are the statement of the problems that prompt the suggestion for the design of a computerized sport league management system:
● The lack of professional management information system in the football club.
● The difficulties in manual consolidating of players accounts, training schedule and match reporting.
● The difficulty involve with pen and paper work in providing players registration.
● Lac of proper management in give matches inventory
● Lac of proper management of players management
● The problem of labor-intensive in registration management for players
● The problem of providing tournament management
● Lack of a computerized and centralized Database system
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of carrying out this research work as well as design are to achieve the following:
● To provide easy players registration
● Save time by automating and consolidating player accounts, scheduling training, rosters and reporting.
● To give matches inventory
● To provide easy access for players management
● To make team management less difficult
● To facilities all sport management
● To provide easy registration management for players
● To provide easy tournament management
● To provide adequate management of officials
● Safe and Secure Centralized Database of the club management
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The design of sport league management system is very significant in the aspect of national premier league because of the sensitive role it plays in the management of national sport activity.
In order to keep the league moving and reliable, the implementation of sport league management system will be very important or significant to the league because without a computerized system, the role they will play in the administering of sport in the country will be difficult and by so doing sport will bring less development to the country.
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study is mainly centered on the sport league management system of Delta State Football League. The research will investigate the formal sport league management system by looking at is short comings and try to proffer solution to the existing system by implementing a new computerized management system.
Under this, the researcher talks about some factors that amount to hindrance and limitation which was encountered in carrying out the project work. Some of them are as follow:
a. Time Constraint: Time is a factor that acts as hindrances in carrying out this research study. This is as a result of the fact that other academic activities were still being attended to in the course of carrying out this research work.
b. Financial Constraint: money also acts as a problem in the conduct of the research work. Traveling expenses were incurred in getting the materials for the research work.
1.6 METHODOLOGY OF THE STUDY
A survey of individuals in this study involves the computerized sport league management system which was conducted in order to obtain relevant data for the study. In order to obtain demographic information about organizations using a computerized sport league management system, only few questionnaires were sent to the Warri Wolves Football Club through their website at www.warriwolvesfc.com, which was the primary source of data used for this research work. The purpose was to get the organization’s views on the suggestion to develop a computerized sport league management system. In addition, was the secondary source of data which was considered most helpful in this study. The secondary sources from which data was collected include: textbooks from library, and different websites on the internet.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENT ABSTRACT LIST OF TABLES LIST OF FIGURES LIST OF ACRONYMS ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Why Internet Based Marketing? 1....Continue Reading »
65 pages | 171 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThis study investigated online hospital management system as a tool to revolutionize medical profession. With many writers decrying how patien...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 287 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThe fundamental aim of this project is to emphasize how a system of information network aids the government and police administration in decis...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 65 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT A BIOMETRICALLY OPERATED RIFLE RACK TO REDUCE THE UNAUTHORIZED ISSUE OF WEAPONS IN THE ARMORY OF THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION A rifle is a portable long barreled firearm designed for precision shooting, to be held with both ha...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 25 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Generally, computer has played an important role in global economy in various ways. The Computer is used in many differen...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 309 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» Abstract This project work intends to automate the existing criminal records of the Nigeria police using Enugu criminal investigating department. The ...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 236 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction I shall discuss on the techniques that will be employed by me on accomplishing this research work, its limitation and sco...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 208 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThe Virtual Library is currently developing, as the society becomes more dependent on technology to store and obtain information quickly and e...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 214 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED CONGESTION CONTROL SYSTEM FOR MULTI-USER TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYThe world is fast becoming a global village and a necessary tool for this process is communicati...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 176 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED BILL OF MATERIAL PROCESSING SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 9TH MILE CORNER SIDE» ABSTRACT Computer has tremendously penetrated into every field of life. It makes work flow very easy. Interesting and result oriented. Bill of materia...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 173 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE