Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A sports league is a group of sports teams or individual athletes that compete against each other in a specific sport. At its simplest, it may be a local group of amateur athletes who form teams among themselves and compete on weekends; at its most complexes, it can be an international professional league making large amounts of money and involving dozens of teams and thousands of players.
In many cases, organizations that function as leagues are described using a different term, such as association, conference, leader board, or series. This is especially common in individual sports, although the term "league" is sometimes used in amateur individual sports such as golf.
The term "league" is also sometimes applied to competitions that would more traditionally be called tournaments, such as the UEFA Champions League, which is organized with multiple small round-robin competitions followed by a single elimination tournament to choose an overall winner.
There are artifacts and structures that suggest that the Chinese engaged in sporting activities as early as 2000 BC. Gymnastics appears to have been a popular sport in China's ancient past. Monuments to the Pharaohs indicate that a number of sports, including swimming and fishing, were well-developed and regulated several thousands of years ago in ancient Egypt. Other Egyptian sports included javelin throwing, high jump, and wrestling. Ancient Persian sports such as the traditional Iranian martial art of Zourkhaneh had a close connection to the warfare skills. Among other sports that originate in ancient Persia are polo and jousting.
Sport activity is an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
A wide range of sports were already established by the time of Ancient Greece and the military culture and the development of sports in Greece influenced one another considerably. Sports became such a prominent part of their culture that the Greeks created the Olympic Games, which in ancient times were held every four years in a small village in the Peloponnesus called Olympia.
Sports have been increasingly organized and regulated from the time of the ancient Olympics up to the present century. Industrialization has brought increased leisure time to the citizens of developed and developing countries, leading to more time for citizens to attend and follow spectator sports, greater participation in athletic activities, and increased accessibility. These trends continued with the advent of mass media and global communication. Professionalism became prevalent, further adding to the increase in sport's popularity, as sports fans began following the exploits of professional athletes through radio, television, and the internet — all while enjoying the exercise and competition associated with amateur participation in sports.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The following are the statement of the problems that prompt the suggestion for the design of a computerized sport league management system:
● The lack of professional management information system in the football club.
● The difficulties in manual consolidating of players accounts, training schedule and match reporting.
● The difficulty involve with pen and paper work in providing players registration.
● Lac of proper management in give matches inventory
● Lac of proper management of players management
● The problem of labor-intensive in registration management for players
● The problem of providing tournament management
● Lack of a computerized and centralized Database system
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of carrying out this research work as well as design are to achieve the following:
● To provide easy players registration
● Save time by automating and consolidating player accounts, scheduling training, rosters and reporting.
● To give matches inventory
● To provide easy access for players management
● To make team management less difficult
● To facilities all sport management
● To provide easy registration management for players
● To provide easy tournament management
● To provide adequate management of officials
● Safe and Secure Centralized Database of the club management
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The design of sport league management system is very significant in the aspect of national premier league because of the sensitive role it plays in the management of national sport activity.
In order to keep the league moving and reliable, the implementation of sport league management system will be very important or significant to the league because without a computerized system, the role they will play in the administering of sport in the country will be difficult and by so doing sport will bring less development to the country.
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study is mainly centered on the sport league management system of Delta State Football League. The research will investigate the formal sport league management system by looking at is short comings and try to proffer solution to the existing system by implementing a new computerized management system.
Under this, the researcher talks about some factors that amount to hindrance and limitation which was encountered in carrying out the project work. Some of them are as follow:
a. Time Constraint: Time is a factor that acts as hindrances in carrying out this research study. This is as a result of the fact that other academic activities were still being attended to in the course of carrying out this research work.
b. Financial Constraint: money also acts as a problem in the conduct of the research work. Traveling expenses were incurred in getting the materials for the research work.
1.6 METHODOLOGY OF THE STUDY
A survey of individuals in this study involves the computerized sport league management system which was conducted in order to obtain relevant data for the study. In order to obtain demographic information about organizations using a computerized sport league management system, only few questionnaires were sent to the Warri Wolves Football Club through their website at www.warriwolvesfc.com, which was the primary source of data used for this research work. The purpose was to get the organization’s views on the suggestion to develop a computerized sport league management system. In addition, was the secondary source of data which was considered most helpful in this study. The secondary sources from which data was collected include: textbooks from library, and different websites on the internet.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Products are considered as the business resources for the organization. This includes managing the product with appropria...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This Project Design and Implementation of Orientation Camp Information System (A Case Study of NYSC Orientation Camp Awgu ) was designed to e...Continue Reading »
» AbstractAirline booking and ticketing in a commercial airline company is a project work aimed at creating a system that will enable traveler’s book ...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB-BASED DRUG INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER BIDA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION This chapter discusses the background to the study, statement of the problem, objectives of study, significa...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A POLICE DATABASE SECURITY SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION National security is the requirement to maintain the survival of the state through the use of economic, security operativ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONCash receipt generating system is a viable source in any business organization and venture and so on, its main purpose is t...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED POINT OF SALES SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF GOLDEN TOAST ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The global community especially the technologically advanced world is striving to attain what has been the global information age. It is an a...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED HOTEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF GATEWAY HOTEL IBARA, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE)» ABSTRACT This project is based computerized Hotel and management into gateway Hotel Ibara Abeokunta. This now introduced system solve all the problems...Continue Reading »
9. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Comparative analysis is an over view means of examining two or more things to discover the differ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In the past, security was simply a matter of locking the door or storing files in a locked filing cabinet or safe. Today,...Continue Reading »