Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A sports league is a group of sports teams or individual athletes that compete against each other in a specific sport. At its simplest, it may be a local group of amateur athletes who form teams among themselves and compete on weekends; at its most complexes, it can be an international professional league making large amounts of money and involving dozens of teams and thousands of players.
In many cases, organizations that function as leagues are described using a different term, such as association, conference, leader board, or series. This is especially common in individual sports, although the term "league" is sometimes used in amateur individual sports such as golf.
The term "league" is also sometimes applied to competitions that would more traditionally be called tournaments, such as the UEFA Champions League, which is organized with multiple small round-robin competitions followed by a single elimination tournament to choose an overall winner.
There are artifacts and structures that suggest that the Chinese engaged in sporting activities as early as 2000 BC. Gymnastics appears to have been a popular sport in China's ancient past. Monuments to the Pharaohs indicate that a number of sports, including swimming and fishing, were well-developed and regulated several thousands of years ago in ancient Egypt. Other Egyptian sports included javelin throwing, high jump, and wrestling. Ancient Persian sports such as the traditional Iranian martial art of Zourkhaneh had a close connection to the warfare skills. Among other sports that originate in ancient Persia are polo and jousting.
Sport activity is an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
A wide range of sports were already established by the time of Ancient Greece and the military culture and the development of sports in Greece influenced one another considerably. Sports became such a prominent part of their culture that the Greeks created the Olympic Games, which in ancient times were held every four years in a small village in the Peloponnesus called Olympia.
Sports have been increasingly organized and regulated from the time of the ancient Olympics up to the present century. Industrialization has brought increased leisure time to the citizens of developed and developing countries, leading to more time for citizens to attend and follow spectator sports, greater participation in athletic activities, and increased accessibility. These trends continued with the advent of mass media and global communication. Professionalism became prevalent, further adding to the increase in sport's popularity, as sports fans began following the exploits of professional athletes through radio, television, and the internet — all while enjoying the exercise and competition associated with amateur participation in sports.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The following are the statement of the problems that prompt the suggestion for the design of a computerized sport league management system:
● The lack of professional management information system in the football club.
● The difficulties in manual consolidating of players accounts, training schedule and match reporting.
● The difficulty involve with pen and paper work in providing players registration.
● Lac of proper management in give matches inventory
● Lac of proper management of players management
● The problem of labor-intensive in registration management for players
● The problem of providing tournament management
● Lack of a computerized and centralized Database system
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of carrying out this research work as well as design are to achieve the following:
● To provide easy players registration
● Save time by automating and consolidating player accounts, scheduling training, rosters and reporting.
● To give matches inventory
● To provide easy access for players management
● To make team management less difficult
● To facilities all sport management
● To provide easy registration management for players
● To provide easy tournament management
● To provide adequate management of officials
● Safe and Secure Centralized Database of the club management
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The design of sport league management system is very significant in the aspect of national premier league because of the sensitive role it plays in the management of national sport activity.
In order to keep the league moving and reliable, the implementation of sport league management system will be very important or significant to the league because without a computerized system, the role they will play in the administering of sport in the country will be difficult and by so doing sport will bring less development to the country.
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study is mainly centered on the sport league management system of Delta State Football League. The research will investigate the formal sport league management system by looking at is short comings and try to proffer solution to the existing system by implementing a new computerized management system.
Under this, the researcher talks about some factors that amount to hindrance and limitation which was encountered in carrying out the project work. Some of them are as follow:
a. Time Constraint: Time is a factor that acts as hindrances in carrying out this research study. This is as a result of the fact that other academic activities were still being attended to in the course of carrying out this research work.
b. Financial Constraint: money also acts as a problem in the conduct of the research work. Traveling expenses were incurred in getting the materials for the research work.
1.6 METHODOLOGY OF THE STUDY
A survey of individuals in this study involves the computerized sport league management system which was conducted in order to obtain relevant data for the study. In order to obtain demographic information about organizations using a computerized sport league management system, only few questionnaires were sent to the Warri Wolves Football Club through their website at www.warriwolvesfc.com, which was the primary source of data used for this research work. The purpose was to get the organization’s views on the suggestion to develop a computerized sport league management system. In addition, was the secondary source of data which was considered most helpful in this study. The secondary sources from which data was collected include: textbooks from library, and different websites on the internet.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.O BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The ongoing dilemma of digital age is balancing convenience against security. Security is a syste...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study was carried out to appraise the role of design and implementation of users application software for estate management or real estat...Continue Reading »
3. AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A MOVING MESSAGE DISPLAY BOARD (A Case Study of Yahaya Hamza Institute Technology, Mando- Kaduna)» ABSTRACT LED's are a fantastic way to illuminate any kind of sign, be it lettering or panels. LED Dot Matrix Displays are a common sight nowadays on s...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF CARITAS UNIVERSITY ENUGU)ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. H...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF S.E.D.I ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION A quality control system in production management is a qualitative technique with strong financial implication having dir...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT INTO LIBRARY SYSTEM A library can be defined as a room or building where books are kept and referenced. It is an ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Historical Background of the Case Study 1.2 Aims and Objectives of the Study 1.3 The Scope of the Study 1.4 Limitation of...Continue Reading »
8. ONLINE ROAD TRANSPORT BOOKING SYSTEM: A CASE STUDY OF NIGER STATE TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (NSTA) MINNA» .CHAPTER ONE. .INTRODUCTION. 1.0 .INTRODUCTION. In this Chapter, the author. will be presenting sections on the background study of the Booking System...Continue Reading »
» AbstractComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Online Examination System is a web base application that establishes a network between an institu...Continue Reading »