Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 56 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-7 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Payroll is a weekly list of employees which shows all the details relating to their pay. A payroll system is used to prepare the salary of employees and produce its paycheck for each employee. Payroll contains the name, identical number, overtime, rate, hour, tax, welfare, deductions and net pay of each staff.
In most companies, the types of payroll are cumbersome, time wasting and results mutability are highly observed. Owing to this, I decided to do this department a favour by designing a better and reliable payroll system with this new system. Staff salaries / entitlements would improve staff employee relationship, thereby increasing the efficiency of staff.
The aims and objectives for designing and implementation of a computerized payroll system for a government paraslatal is the development to prepare the staff payroll on time and payment made at the earliest time.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Content
1.1 Statement of the Problem
1.2 Purpose of Study
1.3 Aims and Objectives
1.4 Scope of Study
1.7 Definition of Terms
DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.1 Fact Finding and Method Used
3.2 Input, Process, Output Analysis
3.3 Organizational Structure
3.4 Information Flow Diagram
3.5 Problems of the Existing System
3.6 Justification of the Study
DESIGN OF THE NEW SYSTEM
4.1 Input Specification and Design
4.2 Output Specification and Design
4.3 File Design
4.4 Procedure Chart
4.5 System Flow Chart
4.6 System Requirements
5.1 Program Design
5.2 Program Flowchart
5.3 Pseudo Code
Recommendation and Conclusion
Computer, the versatile machine had been found very useful in every human endeavour.
Since its incursion into many fields of study, industry, business, science and technology in general.
The unaided human mind in most cases are to cope with the complex nature of the present day decision making, planning and operational processes and as such, industrialized nation were able to make it through the use of computer. Computer usage in the present day society is becoming so universal and people go on careful thinking out methodical approach to computerization of various process and that inspires confidence and guarantees unalloyed success in every endeavour of human life. Computer is found very much in use in many fields of learning such as in social sciences, management sciences, engineering, education, science and technology and in payroll services which is the main object of discussion in this project work.
Payroll services help in computing salaries of employees in an establishment with the use of time card and personnel files.
The computerized payroll module which helps in data processing, processes monthly pays of all employees of the ENSEPA Enugu. The module maintains staff loans/advances, tax and other deductions from staff pay. It also salaries of qualifying staff each month and facility is provided to suppress any staff from benefiting from the increment. The payrolls list every employee for whom the computer has produced a payroll cheque and show for each employee what deduction were subtracted from gross earnings to arrive at net pay, this report is reviewed by the manager of the payroll department before the cheques are released for distribution.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This is an analysis aiming at investigating the problem of the ENSEPA Enugu’s present payroll system for employees paid on monthly basis. The manual operation process which is entirely practical in named ENSEPA, experience failure from time to time during operation since several departments which prepare the vouchers. There is also wastage of time and cost in the manual transaction process and many mistakes are made most of the times.
Since a project study has two important parts. The question posed and the answer received. Therefore this project seeks to find out the extent to which a mechanized or computerized payroll can help to alleviate overloads that are associated with manual system of payroll calculations.
In addition, it seeks to find how a computerized payroll can help to reduce the long delays and shortcomings that have bedeviled the manual system and the enormous gains that accrue to the computerized payroll systems.
1.2 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of study is to design and implement a computerized payroll system for a government paraslatal a case study of ENSEPA Enugu.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the purpose system design includes: -
1. To develop computerized payroll system that will help to reduce mistakes or frauds associated with manual calculations of workers salary
2. To design a computerized payroll system that can generate quick and accurate result of workers salaries and allowances. This is counter to the manual system of preparation of monthly workers salary which hitherto consumes time and energy coupled with its age long tedious work-overloads.
3. The system will enhance the ability to calculate large volume of data faster. This is because it may take between ten to fifteen staff to prepare the monthly salary of about two to three-thousand employees, while with a computerized payroll system, two or three persons can prepare such accounts of workers salary with case and efficiency.
4. Errors are not easily introduced into the process and if it exists, it will be easy to maintain and amend.
5. Due to its speeds, timely processing of information about salaries and allowances is assured.
6. The output production/printing in form of pays lips will be very fast
7. It provides work of better appearance
8. It is aimed at providing valid and reliable information to aid management decision on matters relating to workers salaries during time constraints.
1.4 SCPOE OF STUDY
The scope of this project is limited to the pay rollers especially in ENSEPA Enugu.
The pay rolling studies here centers mainly on the people who are working under this organization such as Administrative, finance and commercial department. This study will also help those that operate using the same routine as the ENSEPA Enugu.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThe difficulties students record office usually face in any higher institution, made us to realize that computer assisted record system is the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION A system, with numerous definitions can be literally seen in a computer way as a collection of the hardware and software ...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED BILL OF MATERIAL PROCESSING SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 9TH MILE CORNER SIDE» ABSTRACT Computer has tremendously penetrated into every field of life. It makes work flow very easy. Interesting and result oriented. Bill of materia...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTERONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION General Introduction data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web for at leas...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT An Android based online clearance system is a research work that will help build an effective information management for schools. It is aimed...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT INTO LIBRARY SYSTEM A library can be defined as a room or building where books are kept and referenced. It is an ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Traffic laws and regulations in Nigeria were inherited from colonial administration. The first Edith is t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION GENERAL INTRODUCTION It is safe to say that most activities such as hostel allocation carried out in most universities in Nig...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study Probably no other advancement since the telephone has changed the way humanity works quite as mu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »