Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The Design and Implementation of motor vehicle plate system is an academic work which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain all the daily works of vehicle plate registration in the Road safety commission. This project has many features like facility of vehicle information and a facility of registered vehicle through which the admin can monitor the whole system. It also has facility of all registered vehicle where the admin can print the vehicle of an identified customer. Overall this project of ours is being developed to help the vehicle management to maintain the vehicle plate in the best way possible and also reduce the human efforts. The Programming language used in developing this application software is Visual Basic.net 2012. It runs in Windows 98 to Latest windows 10. It also requires Microsoft access 2010 re-distribution to avoid errors.
This chapter gives an overview about the aim, objectives, background and operation environment of the system.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Motor vehicle plate System is an application which is generally small or medium in size. It is used by Road safety authority to register and manage vehicle plate using a computerized system. Road safeties are governing bodies whose job is to check vehicles and other vehicle information. With this computerized system there will be no loss of records or member records which generally happens when a non - computerized system is used. All these modules are able to help vehicleplate authority to register and maintain the vehicle plate with more convenience and in a more efficient way as compared to plate registration systems which are not computerized.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The problems found during plate registration were so much that there were cases where plate files got missing,sometimes issuing of fake plate by frauds. UNidentification of plate vehicle in the office, time required to record as well as presenting Information and also the cost of plate registration, also it takes days, week, and even month to complete the vehicle plate registration.
Lack of effectiveness in their methods of record keeping, further compounds the problem.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The project aims and objectives that will be achieved after completion of this project are discussed in this subchapter. The aims and objectives are as follows:
1. To resolve plate registration issue.
2. To create a database for the managementto providenew vehicle details this will make it easy to carry out registration and to register new vehicles.
3. To create a list that contains details of vehicle plate information.
4. To create and print a design plate.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study was to help and give a benefit to the concerned group below.
This study will be beneficial to the following:
Customers: Through computerized vehicle plate registration system, they can easily get their plate numbers and every detail for their vehicle after registration to avoid embarrassment on the road.Convenience is more visible for it is not time-consuming, resulting to a number of accomplished works.
Vehicle plate management:The computerized vehicle plate registration system would improve the monitoring capacities of those who maintain the vehicle plate. It would be easier to determine whether particular plate is registered or not. In addition, they can easily identify when all the vehicle plate are that are registered.Furthermore, the seaport management would be much guided when it comes to recognizing new inventory goods, letting them arrange it promptly and accordingly.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1. Unavailability of academic materials.
2. Transport problem
3. Lack of financial support
4. Lack of Time
5. Unavailability of programming software such as vb.Net.
1.9 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work will concentrate on Input vehicle information,Register vehicle, and all registered vehicle menu which includes handling of some queries like; posting and searching for vehicle information that has already been registered.It is a case study of Road Safety Commission.
1.8 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
During the process of data collection, information relating to Vehicle Registration was obtained from IBOM E - LIBRARY. The information was collected from the admin staff during the course of my industrial attachment. Hence, it is assumed that all the data collected are correct and contains no false information.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Vehicle:a thing used for transporting people or goods, especially on land, such as a car, lorry, or cart.
Management: It is the co-ordination of all the resources of an
Organization through the process of planning,
Organization, directing and controlling
System: Physical component of a computer that is used to perform certain task.
Data: Numbers, Text or image which is in the form suitable for Storage in or processing by a computer, or incomplete Information.
Information: A meaning full material derived from computer data by organizing it and interpreting it in a specified way.
Input: Data entered into a computer for storage or processing.
Output: Information produced from a computer after processing.
Information System: A set of interrelated components that collect (or retrieve), process, store and distribute information to support decision making and control in an organization.
Vehicle plate Management System: A Vehicle plate management system, also known as an automated vehicle plate system is software that has been developed to handle functions of registering vehicle plate.
1. COMPUTER:-Computer is an electronic device that accepts data as Input, processes data and gives out information as output to the user.
2. SOFWARE:-Software is set of related programs that are designed by the manufacturer to control the hardware and to enable the computer perform a given task.
3. HARDWARE: - Hardware is a physical part of a computer that can be touched, seen, feel which are been control by the software to perform a given task.
4. DATABASE: - Database is the collection of related data in an organized form.
5. PROGRAMMING: - programmingisa set of coded instruction which the computers understands and obey.
6. TECHNOLOGY: -Technology is the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use technical and their interrelation with life, society and the environment, drawing upon such as industrial art, engineering, applied science and pure science.
7. Algorithm : A set of logic rules determined during the design phase of a data matching application. The ‘blueprint’ used to turn logic rules into computer instructions that detail what step to perform in what order.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to st...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 287 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT An Android based online clearance system is a research work that will help build an effective information management for schools. It is aimed...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 379 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION INSIGHT TO ONLINE MARKETPLACE Online Market, commonly known as e commerce or eCommerce, or e business consists of the buying ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 312 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThis project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on National Identity card. It is also aimed at keeping r...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 272 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
5. DESIGN AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PRODUCTION SCHEDULER SYSTEM (A Case Sudy Of Okin Biscuit Offa, Kwara State)» ABSTRACT This project work titled design and implementatiom of a computerized production scheduler assignment problem approach. Deals with how machine...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This project work deals on the design and implement of a headlamp operated gate opening system capable of operating a gate/door using the par...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 258 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
7. THE INFLUENCE OF SMART PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of smart phones and social networking sites on the academic performance of secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 411 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR A MULTI SERVICE RENTAL COMPANY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Most rental service firms today still use manual information system because their information needs are of moderate s...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 52 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ACADEMIC INFORMATION SYSTEM USING RELATIONAL DATABASE AND HTTP SEVER (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE, OWER...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION There is an outgrowing need for electronic accessories in a world where there is great necessity for speed, efficiency an...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 99 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT AN EFFECTIVE PERSONNEL DATABASE INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Prior to the advent of computers and efficient data base management software, official and private and public document we...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 212 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE