Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 0 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
This chapter introduces a computerized mailing system. It focuses on the theoretical background of the research, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study and the organization of the study.
1.1 Theoretical Background
The mail or post is s system for physically transporting documents and other small packages, as well as a name of the postcards, letters and parcels themselves. Mail can also be known to be the official system of collection, transporting and delivery letters and parcels. A postal service can be private or public, though many government place restrictions on private mailing system. Since the mid-19th century, national postal systems have generally been established as government monopolies with the fee on the article prepaid. Proof of payment is often in the form of adhesive postage stamps, but postage meters are also used or bulk mailing. Modern private postal systems are typically distinguished from national postage agencies by the names “courier” or “delivery service”. Postal authorities often have functions other than transporting letters. In some countries, postal or mailing telegraphs and telephone service oversees the postal system as well as having authority over telephone and telegraph systems. Some countries postal systems allow for savings accounts and handle applications for passports. Deficiency in quick access to information on registered mails, such as addresses of recipients and other relevant information for the mail delivery pose a serious challenge on various mail service providers, especially in the Nigerian Postal Service, Uyo. But this new system after implementation will bring the mentioned problems and the likely ones to rest, improve the registration and also delivery of mails, as well as the entire operation.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
As earlier mentioned, problems have been perceived on the course of processing mails for delivery, which include time wastage in gathering information about the mail senders and the recipients of the mails respectively for safe delivery. The problems of easy generation of statistics on the mail services daily and especially in months or annually. Inability to post a received mail for the recipient to receive immediately or at that instant.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of this research work is to develop a computerized mailing system.
The objectives are:
- To design a new system that will enhance the collection of information about mails to be sent, sender and the recipient (receiver).
- To design a system that will enhance quick access to registered mails, delivery and the staff responsible for such.
- To carefully study the existing system and get the related data from the case study.
- To identify the problem or difficulties encountered associated with the existing mailing system, as well as proffering a solution with a new system.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study include the following:
- Manages and users of the system will experience utmost relieve when using the system as regard timeliness in the system.
- It will improve security of data or information about mails on disposition in regard to the destination and delivery of the mails.
- It would serves as a reference work for research on the same or related field.
1.5 Scope of the Study
The scope if this research covers computerized mailing system, with reference to Nigerian Postal Service, Uyo as a case study.
1.6 Organization of the Research
This project work is divided into five chapters. Chapter one starts with the introduction, followed with theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, scope of the study and the organization of the research.
Chapter two focuses on the review of related literature on the area of the research.
Chapter three is concerned with the system analysis and design (analysis of the existing and new system, as well as the design of the new system).
Chapter four comprises system implementation and documentation, which are system design diagram, choice of programming environment, hardware and software requirement and implementation.
Chapter five contains summary, constraint of the study, conclusion and recommendations by the researcher. Thereafter the appendices follow.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction An estate can be defined as an area or amount of land or property. Estate management is quite a broad term f...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 329 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SPRINGLIGHT TECHNOLOGY, UYO)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Project management establishments like Springlight Technology, Treasure property& project manage...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 298 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This project research was done to build a device that is capable of recording the heart rate of an individual and sending that heart rate to ...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 335 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. IMPACT OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED IT FIRMS IN LAGOS)» ABSTRACTThis study was intended to evaluate the impact of knowledge management on organizational performance. This study was guided by the following o...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 433 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Computerization is defined as the control of processes by computers and its peripherals. Today it wou...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 367 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the past years, Hotel search and booking is something which is done by everyone who wishes t...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 406 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT An undergraduate at some point of his academic year of study is faced with so much challenges keeping an accurate CGPA every academic session...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 501 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Drug procurement and distribution tracking system is a set of computer programs that obtains the supplies of drugs, distribute the drugs and ...Continue Reading »
84 pages | 200 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION COMPUTERIZED POWER MONITORING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY NIGERIA, PHCN, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction In a world like ours today there is every need to manage funds in every activity being carried out. It is th...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 282 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT An online loan website would allow AccionMFB to access online application, website, application information from any convenient location, usi...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 406 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE