Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is based computerized Hotel and management into gateway Hotel Ibara Abeokunta.
This now introduced system solve all the problems that are facing using the old system (manual system) and the objective of this new system are mentioned
Furthermore, the use of quick Basic programming language has also contributed to solving there problems. The language is very interesting once you are used to it, interactive with all it’s help menu, and flexible for amendments. The operator will find it amusing. It makes it easy for a non computer expert to operate on the new system.
This project limits the Hotels operation for registration of guest, reservation of rooms, billing guest which is also called Hotel bill and payment for calculating all employees salary throughout the company.
This new system design works in the same manner as the old procedure, but it does little and realistic different, it is accurate fast method I is more accurate.
In virtually any job whether it is clerical technical, business, or professional whether it is banking, manufacture, medicine, or retailing compare are useful tools with which to calculate, measure asses store, retrieve, regulate, monitor information, dry field of human endeavor is characterized by one a combination of these process.
The impact of computer or organization and societies has been phenomenon. In recent years, on increasing number of researcher have processed various ways of incorporating the use of computer, in Hotel catering and management course.
1.1 PROJECT MANAGEMENT
A project is a well defined effort to produce specific result at a specification. Project are always unique, be definition, an contrasted to normal on going departmental activities. Management is the art of purposeful direction. On the psychological sides, this involves both leadership and supervisor. Leadership involve helping other, reach goal oriented achievement by motivating people to adept common goals and work toward them. Supervisor on the other and involve helping other to avoid penalties for misdirected actions, those to avoid penalties for misdirected actions, those are contrary to the pursuit of accept organizational objectives.
The four basic management function are to plan, organize, direct and control the work of others.
Project management in different from the management of a functional department. Management techniques that have proven successful in other areas do apply the engineering of industrial computer system.
1.2 RATIONAL FOR THE PROJECT
Computer is an electronic device that are humorously join together to accept data, process data, store data are outputting the resulting of the processed data in accordance to an internally stored programme.
Computer are basically concerned with the processing of data into a meaning from. Today with the development of computer system, we are able to use computerized methods that not only described importance features of the data a but methods that allows into processed beyond the collected. Data into the area of decision making through generalization and prediction.
In Nigeria today, nearly all the hotels want there activities to be computerized. Because of its efficiency and the effectiveness.
The efficiency impacts are mainly visible as reduction in transaction process cost, reflecting reduction in clerical cost, inventory cost and other current also.
Effectiveness impacts are visible in term of faster processing of throughout increased responses to ad how incurring increased accuracy the more complete converge of information that computer can accept, process, retain and provide.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
This project focuses mainly in computerized of Hotel catering management consequent upon numerous problem faced by manual handling of hotel information here below are the main aims and objectives of introducing computers into hotel and catering management.
- To provide information that could not be obtained before
- To provide accurate data, when it is required
- To help to do jobs more efficiently
- To allow a wider range to task to be performed
- To present data in a more understandable way (e.g graphics/colour)
1.4 SCOPE AND COVERAGE
This project is mainly on the application of computer to hotel catering and managers, staff do face in book keeping, searching, calculating updata, drawing and transferring of record or file from one department to another.
1.5 GENERAL OVERVIEW OF GATEWAY HOTEL, ABEOKUTA
The gateway, Hotel, Abeokuta is a home away from home in the respects situates on a wide expanse of land quite, free from Hubbub area of KUTO on the Muritala Muhammed Way. The hotel is ideal resort to recreate enjoy life in the fullest perspective.
According to the general manager, Mr Bolaji N. Sonde and the public relation and marketing officer, Mr Adeolu Adebai, Gateway is a group of three hotel owned by the Ogun State government and was managed centrally until recently when each become autonomous with separate boards.
At Gateway hotel, there are 200 rooms including suite and chalet and another annex located at the G.R.A containing 20 rooms.
Other facilities include a car park, which can contain 1,500 cars an Olympic size swimming pool, conference room shopping plaza and four standard terms courts. One of the attraction of the gateway hotel is the animal pepper soup carnival in JANUARY where no top artists performed on the carnival group.
Weekend are always busy at the hotel when guest, are treated to varying of entertainment and attended to by over 200 highly trained professional fort example, Porter waiter, keepers, chefs, doorman, linemen, lift man and receptionist to mention just a few.
GATEWAY HOTEL ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Security Information System (A Case Study Of Nigeria Police Force)» Abstract Security of life and property is an essential need of an individual as well as a generate body. This calls for the need for a well organized ...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 344 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» (A CASE STUDY OF ESUT, PARKLANE, ENUGU)ABSTRACTThe intention of this paper is aimed at the systematic analysis of information system needs for an inte...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 497 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ELECTRONIC SCORING AND SCREENING SYSTEM (A Case Study of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree)» ABSTRACT Educational institutions are a very vital section of the society. Their proper functioning contributes to the well being of the community. Sc...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 293 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. IMPACT OF SHIFTING, NEGOTIATION, AND SCHEDULING OF FLEXIBLE WORK ARRANGEMENT ON EMPLOYEE’S PERFORMANCE OF MTN CALL CENTRES JOS, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The main goal of introducing flexible work arrangements in an organization is to help employees m...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 473 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED TAX EVALUATION SYSTEM FOR CIVIL SERVANTS (A CASE STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE UYO)» ABSTRACT It is often easy to collect data about objectives of persons. However subsequent processing of such data presents problems especially when it...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 229 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» Abstract This project work automates school management system. In the system two applications are developed, Windows based (thick client) and Web base...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 449 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED HOTEL BUSINESS BILLING SYSTEM. (A CASE STUDY OF MODOTEL HOTEL LIMITED ENUGU)» Abstract This work is carried out to identify and discuss the need for a computer system in hotel business billing system. A hotel business is a hospi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In the past, security was simply a matter of locking the door or storing files in a locked filing cabinet or safe. Today,...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 244 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» Chapter one 1.1Introduction 1.2background of the study 1.3statement of the problem 1.4objective of the study 1.5research question for hypothesis 1.6si...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 461 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. DEVELOPMENT OF A WEB BASED HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION REPORTING SYSTEM FOR NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Internationally and nationally, the need for the promotion and protection of human rights is now ...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 596 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE