Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1. Background of the study
This project is principally designed for BRITISH AIR LINE. Air transport can be said to have been conceived when the first controlled and sustained flight with a prove red heavier than air machine was achieved by the writher on December 17, 1903 this earned America the birth place of air place.
It was in Europe that the airplane was first put into regular carriage of passenger in 1916, England, an airline company known as aircraft transport and travel was formed for schedule passenger, freight and mail service as soon as the war was over on August 23, 1919. it was international air service operation between London and Paris By 1926 a well-knit European network of air service had been established and the airline operated by British, France and Germany, Italy and Netherlands were playing 9 million miles and carrying 100,000 passengers annually.
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The project developed a computerized system for keeping records and efficient Airline Reservation System firms with particular reference to British Airline.
1.3. PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The main purpose of this project is to develop an effective and reliable Airline ticket reservation system for the management of British Airways Organization.
It is carried out to achieve the following
* Provision of service for the customer
* Reduction of workload on ticket reservation clerks.
* Provision of information that is faster, more accurate and detailed to the customers.
* Provision of a compact and integrated basic records of airline ticket reservation for the customers.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project covered areas such as flight schedules, flight routines, flying time & also seat reservation.
This project has extensively covered how flights are going to be scheduled for intended travelers, so as to meet up with their flight schedules. And also covered the route and areas the flight is going to travel through. Also this project discuss the flying time for all traveling passengers, the time of their departure and the time they will be embarking from the flight. It talks about how seat reservation are going to be made for travelers how to know their seat number.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
In order to enhance efficient and efficient ticket reservation system, the significance of this project work can not be under estimated. This project would enable ticket reservation agents to formulate and implement practicable policy. It would also help ticket reservation agents to have unprecedented patronage and brings about improvement as well as provision of effective air transport services.
1.6. LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
There are some limitation that are experienced in the study. But the greatest has to do with customer services. The work of a reservation staff can never be completely replaced by computer since it involves dealing with the customers. Passenger are often faced with the problem of clarifying some issue enquiries, regarded their reservation activities in is only human being rather than electronic machine that can adequately answer all customers question and enquires.
1.7. DEFINITION OF TERM
There are different terms used in this project the terms are common to all airline or airways such terms are as follows:
* Customers: This is the person that intends to travel with the airline at a particular point in time.
* Reservation Staff: This is the person that closes the booking and also takes the data of the customers and offers them the ticket of which they will board the plane with.
* Airline: It means of transport through the air. It is the fastest means of transportation in the world.
* Flight: This is the process at which the airline takes off from one place to another caring the passenger or customer.
* Ticket Reservation: It is a process of taking booking for intending passenger who wishes to travel in an aircraft from one place to another.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN EXPERT SYSTEM ON TROUBLESHOOTING AND MAINTENANCE OF EPOSON PRINTER» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The impact of engineering age is tremendous and its arrears of application are increasing geometrical...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A ON LINE BIRTH RATE MONITORING INFORMATION SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF UNITED NATION CHILDREN FUND (UNICEF)» ABSTRACTThis project is specially put together with the aim of monitoring infant and matality rate through the use of information system, it is believ...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SPRINGLIGHT ICT ACADEMY, UYO)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyIt is widely believed that all tests will one day be delivered on a computer of some sort (Bennett, ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The design and implementation of computerized students admission system is aimed at realizing an efficient and accurate computation of studen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Web Design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modelling, and execution of electronic me...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study An expert system is a software system that attempts to reproduce the performance of one or more human...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The Mobile Adhoc Network (MANET) is a new network type which caters for the needs of the changing...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY RFID, Radio Frequency Identification is a fundamental and inexpensive technology that enables wir...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED CRIME RECORD SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF STATE C.I.D. HEADQUARTERS ENUGU)» ABSTRACTAs the complexity and degree of crimes wider, system Nigeria new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers and criminologist to fight...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The major objective of this project or research work is to find out those problems that affect allocation/distribution and marketing of petro...Continue Reading »