Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-7 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work is designed to ease the task involved in maintaining adequate information in tourism board Enugu.
This work researched into the area of data entry processing and report generation. The problems associated with them were detected and possible solutions were carefully implemented in the new design.
The computer introduction has proved an edge over every other technological invention. The nature of information handling is made timely and accurate and also the new computerized design accepts and keeps rewards of all activities taking place in the visitors to verify from the tourist managers the types of facilities they have.
This ineffect helps the management in decision taking, the new system is very accurate, timely and comprehensive especially on report generation. It is very cost effective and easy to use.
TABLE OF CONTENT
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Purpose of the study
1.3 Aims and objectives of study
1.4 Scope of study
1.5 The limitation of study
1.6 Assumption of study
1.7 Definition of terms
Description and analysis the existing system
3.1 Fact finding method
3.2 Organisational structure
3.3 Objectives of the costing system
3.4 Input, process and output analysis
3.5 Information flow diagram
3.6 Problems of the existing system
3.7 Justification for the new system
Design of the new system
4.1 Output specifications and design
4.2 Input specification and design
4.3 File design
4.4 Procedure chart
4.5 System flowchart
4.6 System requirements
5.1 Program design
5.2 Program flowchart
5.3 Program codes
5.4 Source program
5.5 Test run
6.1 System documentation
6.2 Programmer documentation
6.3 User documentations
Conclusion and Recommendation
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Every aspect of life activity maintains and manager an information system. Information system provides comprehensive guideline and knowledge about the activity that guide.
This project work concentrates on computer based tourism information system. Tourism is an aspect of life activity that concerns man and his environment. It is of great economic importance and his life lashing activity. It generates revenue for the state and the country. Some tourist centers are naturally endowed places for human relaxation and for the provision of natural resource. The lakes, rocks, caves, waterfalls and mountains are all naturally provided tourist centers, man in his bid to add more to what God has provided for him, developed others such as zoos, hotels, parks, and other places of interest.
Tourism information management is very necessary in the society.
It maintains and provides accurate and adequate records about tourist center within a specified geographical area at a particular home.
The tourism phenomenon is a result of man’s inherent desire to change his environment for purpose of psychological satisfaction as well as business exploration.
Tourism today emanates mainly from development countries with high level technological growth. This is because improved technology ensures less working hours and greater income – leading to the use of the extra time for leisure and relaxation for exploration in terms of business opportunities or discussion of other cultures.
Today’s tourists want to be connected with nature. They want to be sua-tunned tourisms place of imagination to explore business transaction to see nature at its best. What excites and entice many tourist today are vast areas with few or no road, mere wilderness areas in their native virginity. Wild places with natural flora and fauna. The wild places with natural flora and fauna. The major ingredients of the industry therefore include natural scope, historical remains wild life reserve and man made facilities. Africa (including Nigeria) is filled with vast areas of natural resources and wild life. In order to conserve scare foreign exchange reserve. Domestic tourism therefore can still be of considerable significance in relation to the national economy. Unlike international tourism domestic tourism represent a transfer of purchasing power within the economy.
Some of the problems associated with tourism are as followed:
The tourism board is not meeting up with its set goals and in effect, the expectation of the people is not met. This is due to series of problems associated with tourism.
The major problem that faces tourism management is ignorance, which leads to neglect due to lack of technical know about tourism and its articulates.
The government always take tourism to be less important, it is always at the bottom list of what it is set to embark on.
This problem makes the government not to give attention to tourism. The masses are not enlightened on what benefits tourism can be to the society and society do not know the importance of creating tourism centers. The government does not take time to adequately maintain existing tourist centers building new centers.
The tediousness of the activities involved in manual tourist operations makes a lot of adverse impact in the management of tourist centers.
The staff fined documentation of tourist’s information services and maintenance of tourist record very difficult. It possesses a very great burden to the staff involved.
Some of the staff are ignorant of the tourism concept and thereby find it very difficult it to go about performing their duties without problem.
Lack of adequate transactions makes the factinding uninteresting also lack of proper communication links between tourism board and the out side society contribute much to the problems of tourism.
The tourist management board finds planning and implementation of ideas very difficult due to inadequate information.
1.2 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The primary purpose of this study is to critically analyze the tourism activities with a view of detecting the problems associated with tourism, studying the problems carefully and at the end providing lashing solution to the problems.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The main aim of this study is to develop a well-articulated computer based system for tourism management. This new system will make the tourism operations very easy and interesting. The system is easy to use, automatic in processing and it generates accurate and reliable results at all times for quick decision taking.
In carrying out this study, many things were considered to be achieved. The following objectives were made to be achieved.
To make the society have an insight in what tourism is all about and appreciate its benefits to the environment and economy.
To make people develop interest in tourism activities.
To produce a good tourism information system for easy tourism transaction.
To develop a medium through which government will use to improve tourism transactions.
To develop a system that will be very reliable comprehensive and cost effective for tourism management.
1.4 SCOPE OF STUDY
This study covers area of information management system of Enugu Tourism Board and environment.
It also elaborates on the need for the system to be computerized and maintained.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND 1.1 INTRODUCTION Inventories are part of the strengths of any business and can be applied as the firm’s own strategy in build...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND COMPUTERIZATION OF AN ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC ENUGU» ABSTRACT Simulation As Scientific process involves careful analysis and initiation of the real life event using an electronic device especially comput...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Data mining, is the extraction of hidden predictive information from large database, is a powerful new technology with gr...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED WAREHOUSING INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PORTS AUTHORITY) (NPA) LAGOS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE CHAPTER: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The importance of computer and its application have been recognized globally. The impact...Continue Reading »
6. CLOUD COMPUTING EVALUATION AND HOW IT DIFFERS TO TRADITIONAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) OUTSOURCING» ABSTRACT Cloud Computing, that is providing computer resources as a service, is a technology revolution offering flexible IT usage in a cost efficient...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An inventory control system contains a list of orders to be filled and then prompts workers to pick the necessary items, ...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED DRUG VERIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION ...» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTIONDrug reporting and verification establishments like NAFDAC (National Agency for Food and Drug Adminis...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Online movie ticket reservation system is basically made for providing the customer’s, any where and anyti...Continue Reading »
10. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN EXTER...» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITILE PAGE CERTIFICATION APPPROVAL PAGE DEDICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ABSTRACT TABLE OF CONTENT CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1Background ...Continue Reading »