Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Online refers to electronic learning, it is the acquisition of knowledge and skill using electronic technologies such as computer and internet based courseware and local and wide area networks.
Distance learning is one of the most dramatic technology-based changes occurring in education today. Communication technology enables learners to receive instruction despite geographic and time disparities that would make traditional classroom instruction impossible.
Distance instruction is learner-centered—that is, it enables learners to tailor the instruction that they are receiving to meet their individual needs. Some distance programs use print media, some use telecommunications, and many use both, but geographic and time separation of the student and the teacher is a fundamental characteristic of distance education. Multimedia instruction with networked computers, video systems, or television may be used to connect the local classroom to learners at a distance. Satellite, compressed video, and fiber-optic systems are increasingly used for same-time, different-place education. This approach is also called synchronous distance learning. Students can also learn at different times and in different places. This approach is called asynchronous distance learning.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Early e-learning systems, based on Computer Based Learning/Training often attempted to replicate autocratic teaching styles whereby the role of the e-learning system was assumed to be for transferring knowledge, as opposed to systems developed later based on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL), which encouraged the shared development of knowledge.
As early as 1993, Graziadei William described an online computer-delivered lecture, tutorial and assessment project using electronic mail, two VAX Notes conferences and Gopher/Lynx together with several software programs that allowed students and instructor to create a Virtual Instructional Classroom Environment in Science (VICES) in Research, Education, Service & Teaching (REST). In 1997 Graziadei, W. et al, published an article entitled Building Asynchronous and Synchronous Teaching-Learning Environments: Exploring a Course/Classroom Management System Solution. They described a process at the State University of New York (SUNY) of evaluating products and developing an overall strategy for technology-based course development and management in teaching-learning. The product(s) had to be easy to use and maintain, portable, replicable, scalable, and immediately affordable, and they had to have a high probability of success with long-term cost-effectiveness. Today many technologies can be, and are, used in e-learning, from blogs to collaborative software, e-Portfolios, and virtual classrooms. Most e-learning situations use combinations of these techniques.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Looking around students especially tertiary education suffers a lot of setbacks in external exams due to the primitive nature of teaching system which they receive. They don’t have access to global information hence lacks a huge knowledge of what is obtainable in the society, the library is not equipped with good books and at the same time they don’t have access to internet.
The rate of examination malpractice has increased and attention must be given fast to it before it ruins the education system of the country.
Also, distance is a barrier to some people who seek to be educated.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To provide alternative way of attaining education
2. To implement a system which reduces examination malpractices
3. To facilitate the development of information technology
4. To enhance examination and certification of students thereby improving
the standard of education.
5. To reveal the use and technology of wireless network to the user.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
E-learning can provide benefits for the organizations and individuals involved.
Improved performance: it is interactive to the students thereby improving their productivity.
Improves standard of education: it eliminates examination inadequacies like examination malpractices.
Increased access: it enables people from any part of the world to be educated.
Convenience and flexibility to learners: learning process is structured in units; this makes the learner study at his own convenience without getting too bored with lectures.
Reduced cost: it reduces the cost of learning, examination and result processing institutions.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
This project is a tutorial and measurement of performance on wireless network technology. The project is designed using PHP and MySQL.
Due to financial constrains, people cannot afford this form of learning and measurement, especially towards the cost of accessing the internet.
Also, the rate of technology is moving at rapid speed and not everybody understands how some of the tools used for this education process are used.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
E-Learning: learning conducted via electronic media, especially via the Internet.
World Wide Web: World Wide Wed simply called www is the most important tool of the Internet.
Web Site: A website is a collection of many interconnected web pages organized by a specific college, organization company etc, containing web pages (good and commodities) on the Internet.
Hyperlinks: Hyperlinks are highlighted words and phrase you find on web documents that you can click on as to jump to some other documents or Internet services.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTTopic: Design and implementation of an online students admission system: A case of study of federal college of education, Eha AmufuThe difficu...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED SEAPORT BILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN PORT AUTHORITY LAGOS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria Ports Authority is a government owned organization under the supervision of the federal M...Continue Reading »
3. Design And Implementation Of Student Evaluation Program (A Case Study Of Daughters Of Divine Love Juniorate)» Abstract Student achievement is profoundly influenced by the evaluation practice used by teachers in the classroom. Research in education has consiste...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study An academic growth can be of various concerns in academic environment to promote social and funct...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Those people out there, who are familiar with journalism will better appreciate how difficult it is to produce or develop well edited news . ...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED STAFF ATTENDANCE SYSTEM WITH FINGER PRINTING TECHNOLOGY» ABSTRACTThe Design and Implementation of Staff Attendance system is an academic work which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain the at...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED TAX EVALUATION SYSTEM FOR CIVIL SERVANTS (A CASE STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE UYO)» ABSTRACT It is often easy to collect data about objectives of persons. However subsequent processing of such data presents problems especially when it...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Employment directory is a database of individuals which provides a list, usually in alphabetical order, of people’s nam...Continue Reading »
9. DEVELOPMENT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM IN THE SERVICE DELIVERY (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In today’s world Development of Management Information System it played a vital role in the service delivery. The area ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY. Information technology is an essential tool to guest tracking system. The faster and more effectivel...Continue Reading »