Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The Bank Verification Number (BVN)became imperative following the increasing incidence of compromise on conventional security systems such as password and Personal Identification Number (PIN) of customers. The BVN involves identifying an individual based on physiological or behavioral attributes, such as fingerprint, signatures and others. The customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all banks system.On the basis of introducing the concepts of Bank Verification Number system, this project work illustrates the role that the BVN plays in Nigerian banks.This research work also analyses the existing mode of operation in the banking industry including the need to implement our newly designed Online Bank Verification Number system using PHP as the programming language.
Faced with the problem of insecurity on customer accounts, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on February, 2014 initiated a compulsory bank verification number exercise which provides account holders with a unique number that enables the account holder to have a single identity in the banking system aimed at protecting bank customers from identity theft and other financial/economic crimes emanating in the banking sector of Nigeria (Orji, 2014) .
The Bank Verification Nlumber (BVN) is a bold step taken by the Central Bank of Nigeria, to strengthen security in the banking sector of Nigeria. One beauty of the BVN is that transactions will be safer once it is implemented fully. The BVN exercise aims at ensuring that bank transactions are safer and fraudulent transactions are minimized, if not totally eliminated. The campaign is on, but the public may not realize its importance until it closes in in the new extension deadline, October 2015.
BVN uses biometric technology to register customers in the banking sector. It records these physical features which are unique to individuals – fingerprints and the face. The record would be used to identify the person afterwards. Once a person’s biometrics have been recorded, and BVN issued the account would be accessed through BVN. The major objectives of the initiative are to protect bank customers, reduce fraud and strengthen the Nigerian banking system.
Biometric enrolment is helpful to people who cannot read and write. Their finger prints and pictures would serve the same purpose as signatures. Multiple account holders would be covered with a single registration in any of the banks where they have accounts.
BVN will help the banking system reduce situations where loan defaulters, for instance, move from one bank to the other and the banks extend new credits to them, without knowing their history. Banks would be able to track transactions across all banks in Nigeria with more ease.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Over the years, the banking sector of Nigeria has played the role of the intermediate body in regards to ensuring the smooth running of the economy and coordination other sectors involved in the circular flow of income in the Nigerian economy. However, growth in this sector has been reduced due to high cases of economic and financial crimes (Udenze, 2014). Fraud and money laundering have had adverse impacts on our national development and particularly on the financial system. They have caused damage to the reputation of the image of the country, loss of FDI, poor infrastructural development, dwindling confidence and distortions in our political as well as financial systems, among other things.
In view of these crises crimes perpetuated by cyber thieves, the mandatory bank verification number exercise embarked by various banks nationwide has also caused congestions in banking halls. Although the exercise commenced since February, 2014, the fire brigade approach of most Nigerians has warranted most bank halls to be filled to its maximum capacity. Queues in some banks even extended outside the banking hall. This development has caused confusion in some banking halls as other transactions are placed on hold due to inadequate staff to attend to clients or delayed indefinitely.
1.3 RESEARCH OBJECTIVES
The main objective of this paper is to design and implement a computerized Bank Verification Number System for Nigerians in the Diaspora and at home to use. Specific objectives of the study are:
1. To examine the benefits of adopting an online BVN system.
2. To identify the necessary structures need to run a successful online BVN system.
3. To identify challenges in the design and implementation of an online BVN system.
4. To design and implement and online BVN system.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the benefits of adopting an online BVN system?
2. What necessary structures are needed to run a successful online BVN system?
3. What challenges exist in the design and implementation of an online BVN system?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will aid in reducing queues at banking halls and reducing identity theft if successfully implemented. Bank managers and other stakeholder in the banking industry of Nigeria can use this web application to restore confidence in the banking sector as more clients will be assured that their funds are safe, and the stress of queuing at banks will be totally eliminated.
The study will also serve as a guide to other student researchers who may want to conduct further research on the subject matter. Findings and recommendations from this system will aid in developing newer versions to serve optimally.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
BVN: Bank Verification Number
CBN: Central Bank of Nigeria
Biometrics: Biometrics refers to identification of an individual based on physiological attributes- fingerprint, voice, facial features etc.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION LOGIN SYSTEM USING ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP) WITH SMS» ABSTRACTThe paper examined the design and implementation of a two factor authentication login system using OTP with SMS. The quest for the application...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SPRINGLIGHT TECHNOLOGY, UYO)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Project management establishments like Springlight Technology, Treasure property& project manage...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Medical establishments like hospitals, rehabilitation centers, health saloons etc. are seen as fig...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONAccording Jantz (2001) the emergence of computer based information system has changed the world a great deal, both large and sm...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF ICT IN FRAUD DETECTION AND PREVENTIONS IN THE NIGERIA BANKING INDUSTRY (A STUDY OF SELECTED BANKS IN ANAMBRA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background Of The Study Today’s business environment is very dynamic and under goes rapid changes as a result of technological i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Web Design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modelling, and execution of electronic me...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTIn this project work, we present a way to bring information to students by leveraging the availability of phones (with SMS capability). We rev...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work, design and implementation of a web based car rental system which will incorporate the different functional, operational an...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED POINT OF SALES SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF GOLDEN TOAST ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The global community especially the technologically advanced world is striving to attain what has been the global information age. It is an a...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO GENERAL LIBRARY)» ABSTRACTLibrary management system is a project which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain all the daily works of library. This project...Continue Reading »