Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Various organizations need management for effective and efficient planning and operation of the system. Accurate stock control system is essential to all retailers, wholesalers or distributors who stock a wide range of items, goods are sometimes sold at the same price which they were brought, at time goods are sold less than the cost price, this could be due to poor information about the goods or poor manual stock control account this give birth to the computerized stock control system. Computerized stock control system is a software design for management and inventory control of goods, items and raw materials. it includes the various aspect of controlling the amount of stock on the shelves and in the stock room and how the users to maintain and keep track of the material’s no matter where they are located and provide some information when the supplies is running low. This software also contains a point of sales (POS). This means a place where retail transaction. It is a point where customer makes payments to the cashier in exchange of goods and services. This is where the amount is calculated and receipt issued for the transaction and where the bar code of the product are scanned using bar code scanner which is used to read bar code and the information encoded by the bar code is read by the machine, this information is then traced by a central computer system. The supermarket detailed real time stock level information that the system uses to place reorder through the electronic data interchange (EDI) computerized stock control system make it possible to integrate the various functional subsystems that are part of stock management into a single cohesive system.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The global supermarket Uyo reveal the following problem.
1. Data inconsistency
2. No good data security system
3. Lack of accuracy in stock recording
4. The long list of supply orders waiting to be attended to on daily basics
5. Lack of stock history on every item sold or ordered.
Therefore it is important to embrace and accept the introduction of a new stock control system which is more flexible and information is easier to retrieve it is also cost effective and also time saving.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is as follows:
1. To design and implement a computerized stock control system for global supermarket, uyo.
2. To develop an interactive software for record keeping, storage and retrieved of stock control.
3. To aid strategic managers to forecast for the growth of the business.
1.3 SCOPE/DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The implementation of this project is delimit to computerized stock control and point of sales with the framework of the following
1. Day-to-day sales
2. Cash flow
3. Minimum re-order level
1.4 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This project was constrained by the following factors.
1. Time Constrained: Looking at the interval between then resumption and vocation of the final semester for the project to be completed the time given seemed to be short for the collection of required information for better work to be done.
2. Non-Availability of Materials: During this project, it was noticed that required materials needed for the project are not documented. Those that were documented lacked storage facilities where they can be reached.
3. Restriction of information form the staff of global supermarket: During this project, it was noticed that the required information is limited which cannot be extent.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is as follows:
i. This research work will be a great help to management and staff of global supermarket as well as to other business enterprises who desire product and profit in their business.
ii. This research work will serve as a source of reference material for researchers in computer science and relevant academic fields who intend to further research on this topic.
iii. This research will also be a great help to the management by keeping timely and reliable backup of information
iv. This research will provide storage and allow for retrieval of information when needed in the global supermarket
1.6 DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
Stock: The goods kept on the premises of a business or warehouse that are available for sale or distribution
Control system: Is the system or set of devices that manages, commands, directs or regulates the behavior of other systems.
Warehouse: This is commercial building for storage of goods; it is used by the manufacturers, importers, exporters, whole sales and transport business.
System: A set of computer components functioning together.
Password: This is a secret code that must be entered into a computer to enable access to its applications. it is made up of numbers, letter, special characters or a combination of any of the above categories.
Research: A careful study of a subject to discover facts, establish a theory or develop a plan of action based on the facts discovered.
Computerized: This is the conversion of a manually operated system to a controlled, organized and automated system.
DATABASE: This refers to a large store of related data on a computer that a user can access and modify.
Process: Carry out a task or a task preformed by a computer
POS (Point of Sales): this a place where retail transaction is completed, appoint where customers makes payment to the cashier in exchange of goods or services
Data: A representation of raw facts or a piece of information
Bin Cards: a piece of paper or card stock on which the inventory, sales and ordering of frames is recorded.
Barcode: A system of thick and lines designed to be applied to a classified set of items to give a brief accurate reference facilitating entry collection and analysis.
Overstocking: Is a situation of having stock that is more than what is required.
Stock Out: This is a situation whereby the firm has insufficient materials or product.
Information: Facts provided or learned about something or someone.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE BUS TICKET RESERVATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM TRANSPORT COMPANY [AKTC]» ABSTRACT The study examines the design and implementation of an online bus ticket reservation system. The system solves the problem of inconveniencing...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTMedical billing system projects main idea is to implement a software application for medical shops and hospitals for maintaining easy billing ...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SMS BASED WATER BILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF BAGUDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT WATER BOARD, KEBBI STATE)» ABSTRACT Billing is a critical function of most Water Boards especially towards sending the bill to their consumers. Most problems, currently seen, re...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The introduction of computer has brought many changes to various fields, such as prison, health sector, hotel, banks and in business sector. ...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TOURISM INFORMATION SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF TOURISM BOARD ENUGU» ABSTRACTThis project work is designed to ease the task involved in maintaining adequate information in tourism board Enugu.This work researched into t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The status of computer application in schools is growing with increase in awareness of roles of computer in education. Many schools now see i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Face recognition system is an application for identifying someone from image or videos. Face recognition is classified in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Man in search of comfort struggle to meet up with good career and for this to be achieved, it has to be started as early as p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Massive integration of information technology into all aspects of modern life caused demand for proce...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to examine the historical development of artificial intelligence. This study was guided by the following objectives; ...Continue Reading »