Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY.
Information technology is an essential tool to guest tracking. The faster and more effectively it works, the safer our business management is.
Information system (IS) refers to a system that comprises of persons, data records and activities that process data and information in an organization, and
it includes the organization‟s manua sense, the term information system refers to the specific application software
that is used to store data records in a computer system and automates some of the information-processing activities of the organization.
The term information technology has ballooned to encompass many aspects of computing and technology, and the term has become very recognizable. The information technology umbrella can be quite large, covering many fields. IT professionals perform a variety of duties that range from installing applications to designing complex computer networks and information database.
Since the first wave of computerizati information technology within policing has been questioned and often met with
resistance. The development of an information technology strategy must be viewed in the context of increasing expectations and pressure for reform within organizations.
The business environment in which banks operate is changing; increased demands for efficiency has led to information technology being recognized as a valuable and innovative addition to guest tracking system.
Over the last decade, computer and telecommunication technologies have developed at an extraordinary rate. Increased computer power, advances in data transmission, attractive and user-friendly graphic interfaces present bank with unprecedented capacity to collect, store, analyze and share data with stakeholders inside and outside of bank.
Historically, the innovation of information systems has served as the catalyst for dramatic changes in the organization work and has presented both opportunities and challenges to operators.
Some banks have made tremendous efforts in creating databases for guest information system for security purposes.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Keeping record of visitors in a bank has been a big task for the management. Often the identity of the guest is forgotten as soon as he/she leaves the bank. This is a big security risk as there is need to maintain an automated record of daily visitors to the bank in case security issues arise.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this study is to design software that will serve as an electronic register to keep record of daily guest to the bank. The software will maintain a centralized database system for the purpose of information sharing.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The software developed will be beneficial to the bank management in so many ways:
1. Maintain a centralized database for Guest records
2. Retrieve previous information on guest from the system easily using serial query language
3. Have a good surveillance on the guest information for security purposes
4. Know the number of guest they receive on daily basis
5. Track the frequency of a guest visitation to the bank
1.5 OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
The purpose of this research work is to develop a system that should be able to
achieve the following:
1. To provide an electronic register to keep record of guest visit to the bank
2. To produce a system where information and output report will be produced much faster, more accurately and more detailed.
3. Keeping record of total number of guest coming to the bank on daily basis.
4. Keep track of old guest in case of any security breach.
5. Provide password to prevent unauthorized users from accessing and manipulating information.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research project covers only records on the banks managers guest and some other management staff, as it will be difficult to maintain guest record on every staff of the bank.
1.7 CONSTRAINS AND LIMITATION
Due to time constraint and limited resources, the use of biometric could not be incorporated into the work for authentic identification of guest.
1.8 DEFINTION OF TERMS
ARRIVAL FILE: This is master file consisting of the guest name, companies name and address, state, country, nationality, profession etc. which also include the mode of payment to be used by the guest.
DATABASE: This is the collection of related data/information
GUEST: This guest are used in the contest of the work refers to individual, companies or corporate bodies that visited the bank
SOFTWARE: This is the logically written instruction that control the hardware.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An inventory control system contains a list of orders to be filled and then prompts workers to pick the necessary items, ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Online Examination System is a web base application that establishes a network between an institu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In present time most households own at least one car. This figure shows that a car is very important to people’s lives ...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTER SECURITY: DATA ENCRYPTION, DECRYPTION AND KEY HASH ALGORITHMS» ABSTRACTComputer security is a process of protecting computer system and information from harm and unauthorized use. The most important security tool ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT An online trading community provides people with a structured method for trading, bartering, or selling goods and services. Most E commerce W...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM OF COURT PROCEEDINGS (A Case Study Of Federal High Court Enugu State)» ABSTRACTAs the complexity and degress of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends.Jus...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF S.E.D.I ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION A quality control system in production management is a qualitative technique with strong financial implication having dir...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONThe office management information system is the control center for the property and workers at the supervisory level and ab...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB-BASED STUDENT COMPLAINT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The computer has become widely accepted as an assistant that is exceptionally competent and well defined. Now researchers hav...Continue Reading »