Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
There is a wide range of problems that can befall a telecom system, from static on calls to an inability to complete calls to dropped calls. Users may have problems only when calling out to numbers or when receiving inbound calls. Telecom systems are relatively complex, so trying to locate the source of a problem within one is an intimidating process for many users. When something goes wrong, the first instinct is often to call the carrier that is providing service. What many users may not realize is that there are a number of simple diagnostic tests that they can perform to locate the sources of problems in their telecom systems on their own. It is important that users realize that troubleshooting their own telecom system problems can greatly reduce the amount of time that it takes to resolve these problems. This can save a great deal of time and money for companies for which problems with their telecom systems negatively affect their daily operations. It may be that users must replace certain parts of their telecom systems, but they should try a few troubleshooting methods and attempt to have problems resolved before buying new telecom equipment.
Troubleshooting is an important step towards solving problems with any type of system or device. It is important to understand, though, that troubleshooting is a way of pinpointing where problems exist. It is not a solution to a problem. Telecom systems are complex and solving problems within them is best left to skilled technicians who repair these systems professionally. However, managers of telecom systems can reduce the time that it takes to complete these kinds of repairs by troubleshooting their systems themselves. If telecom system managers can identify the location of a problem on their own, they can reduce the amount of time that it takes for a technician to repair the problem. This can save a business time and money, and it can sometimes enable a business to work around the problem while waiting for a technician.
When it comes to troubleshooting a telecom system, the problem lies with either the telephone network or the user's equipment. This leaves the network carrier and the hardware vendor as the two options for reporting problems. Therefore, an important aspect of troubleshooting a telecom system is determining whether the problem lies with the network or with the hardware. Once users figure this out, they can contact the appropriate party or continue to troubleshoot to pinpoint the location of the problem more precisely in either part of the system.
1.1BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Computer systems typically include a combination of hardware and software components, application programs, System programs, processors, buses, memory, input/output devices etc. As advances in semiconductor processing and computer architecture push theperformance of the computer higher and higher. More sophisticated computersoftware has evolved to take advantage of the higher performance of the hardware, resulting in computer systems that are much more powerful than just a few years ago. In a computer system in different parts different fault may arise.Expert system is able to detect those faults and also to suggest for the probable rectification. Generally, when user consults an expert system, the system interviews (ask questions of) the user and gets the facts about the problem at hand. During the interviews, questions appear on the computer display screen and the user responds by keeping in answers or important data. Then, utilizing the user’s response the system searches its knowledge base. It systematically searches through the various paths for a solution without becoming lost in the vast numbers of possibilities. Eventually the program comes up with the advice and communicates it to the user. The system also explains its reasoningprocess and remedy. Before demonstration of the proposed model it is requiredto understand the knowledge domain based on Artificial Intelligence and itsapplication, i.e., Expert System.
1.3 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Faults in telecommunication network have direct impact on its availability and maintenance costs, so their quick elimination, prevention and removal of causes that generated them, is of special interest. Possibility to analyze spatial distribution of faults and to predict places where future errors may arise can significantly help
telecom operators who are in charge to detect and repair such problems. This data is also crucial for future planning and design of telecommunication networks as it can help to avoid problematic areas or use additional measures for protection of telecommunication cables and equipment.
1.4 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose and main objectives of this study include:
1 Developing an expert system which emulates the decision making ability of human in detecting problems associated with telecommunication.
2 Detecting and solving the challenges involved in troubleshooting and maintaining a local network.
3. Detecting and solving problems involved Private exchange systems.
4 presenting a novel expert system for troubleshooting and solving telecommunicatioproblems and faults.
5 Developing and Expert system is able to detect faults that arise and also to suggest for the probable rectification.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the project emphasizes on the issues and difficulties arising in the troubleshooting of a telecommunication network
1.6 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is rectify the problems associated with troubleshooting and maintaining atelecomm system. This paper emphasizes an automated system that accepts the defects of any system using application oriented formal reasoning and then after consulting with an intelligent database, diagnoses and advises for probable rectification
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The following are some factors, which acted as an impeachment or constraints to the progress of the project work, these are;
a. Time: There is not enough time on the part of the researcher due to academic work.
b. Lack of Documented materials: It was difficult to start the project initially because reference materials at my disposal are limited.
c. Insufficient information from Telecomm staff also pose as a constraint as they thing information given to me might mar the organization.
d. Financial constraint is another factors that limited the researcher in owning out this project effectively.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE BUS TICKET RESERVATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM TRANSPORT COMPANY [AKTC])» ABSTRACT The study examines the design and implementation of an online bus ticket reservation system. The system solves the problem of inconveniencing...Continue Reading »
2. Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Airplane Passenger Manifest Information (A Case Study Of Sosoliso Airways)» Table of Content Cover Page Title Page Approval Page Dedication Acknowledgement Table Of Content Chapter One 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Overview Of The Exis...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A MEDICAL BILLING SYSTEM (FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER LOKOJA, KOGI STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Medical is responsible for the supply of drugs to various inhabitants in zone at specific drug rates. Form the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Nnamdi Azikiwe University Alumni Association has been in existence for a number of years but ...Continue Reading »
5. ANALYSIS OF DATA MINING TECHNIQUES OF TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANIES IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF MTN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was intended to analyze data mining techniques of telecommunication companies in Nigeria. This study was guided by the following o...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB BASED PRESENTATION SYSTEM THAT WOULD ENLIGHTEN USERS ON HOW TO INSTALL A DSTV DECORDER AND SATELLITE DISH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDYThe satellite television industry developed first in the US from the cable television industry as commu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Children brought up in the orphanage home cannot cope effectively with the outside world, this display in their dispositions because most of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is based on the possible exploration of computer Technology in Today society in market surveying in the daily discharge of dutie...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB-BASED DRUG INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER BIDA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION This chapter discusses the background to the study, statement of the problem, objectives of study, significa...Continue Reading »
10. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING COMPUTER STUDIES IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OSHIMILI AND ANIOCHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study One of the fundamental rights for every human being is education. Education prepares the individual for...Continue Reading »