Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 90 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Authentication is unavoidable in any environment where sensitive information is utilized. In accessing resources via the Internet, the most common means of identification required for authentication is the user’s identity and a secret passphrase known as a password. Studies have shown that the birth of graphical password which uses images/pictures/objects was out of the trivial password generated by users because of the inability to remember complex passwords when using text-based password. Graphical password is stronger and increases memorability. However, graphical-based password is faced with several challenges including, a high storage capacity for all the images/pictures/objects, no assistance for users in browsing through an array of images/pictures/objects and vulnerability to shoulder surfing attacks.
The graphical authentication scheme was evaluated using Magic Triangle Evaluation model. The results showed that the password space and entropy were 2.61*104 and 14.39 respectively. The scheme showed a level of resistance of about 85% towards shoulder surfing attacks.
The study concluded that the graphical authentication scheme has a high level of resistance against shoulder surfing attacks but a low password space and entropy making it vulnerable to brute force attacks. It is therefore recommended to be used in an environment where shoulder surfing is inevitable and additional security mechanism should be added to reduce its vulnerability to brute force attacks. It can also be used as a Completely Automated Turing Test to tell Computers and Humans Apart (CAPTCHA).
Keywords: Graphical authentication, Shoulder surfing attack, Brute force attack, Web-based
application, Password space and Entropy.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TRAFFIC OFFENCE DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM. (CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY COMMISSIONER, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Around the world road traffic injuries are a major public health challenges that requires concerted e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The tremendous impact of electronic technology (like computer and computer embedded devices, computer networking, artificial intelligence, mu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Record Keeping is the process of collecting, inputting, storing, classifying, summarizing and interpreting data. Record k...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD PROCESSING SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Immigration National Identity Card Management In...» ABSTRACTThis project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on Immigration National Identity card Management Informa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of the study was to design and implement a computerized temperature control system for a cold room. This work is also designed to...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Certificate verification system is a system designed to computerize the process of adding certificates and verifying the certificates records...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.O BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The ongoing dilemma of digital age is balancing convenience against security. Security is a syste...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionHuman resources database management system is an electronic record management system that can aid human resourc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The continuous advancement in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector, has improved a lot in our nations, makin...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE ROAD TRANSPORT BOOKING SYSTEM (USING NSTA MINNA AS CASE STUDY)» .CHAPTER ONE. .INTRODUCTION. 1.0 .INTRODUCTION. In this Chapter, the author. will be presenting sections on the background study of the Booking System...Continue Reading »