Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The NYSC place of primary assignment – PPA is a place where the corps members are being sent to carry out and perform their service (services year) their duties is to delivery and pass on information to where the serve, usually related to their field of study. The aim of this PPA is to disseminate knowledge and acquire the basic skill and training on his/her field of study which in turns help the corps members have that working experience in his or her work.
The NYSC Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) is where you are expected to render selfless service with dedication for a year of active service to your country. PPA is the second stage of your NYSC service year after your 21 days on various orientations camps in the country. The orientation camp is actually the main part of your NYSC training and preparation into the service year which is carried out at the place of primary assignment.
During your PPA, the corps members are expected to be vigilant, interact and learn from the locals with humility and as well make a lasting positive impact on those that will come across your way.
In the place of primary assignment, work load is being assign to each and every corps members according to his or her field of study and their ability to perform or carry out such a task or work load, to those in the educational sector, Teaching work, which a number of subjects or courses (secondary or High institution respectively) will be allocated to the corps member, and to those in an organization like Local government, Secretariat, Ministry will be appointed their post or duties every day, usually a day is kept off for the corps members as a day of their CDS which is done on weekly basis either on Thursday or Friday depending on the area and the slot at which you are in (i.e. Batch). During the course of this service a token is given to the corps members every month by the head of the department or head in the organization at which you serve (i.e. the Boss), which according to the NYSC recommendation and standard seven thousand (7000) is the minimal amount that should be paid to the corps members and any amount higher can be given based on the agreement reached by the corps member and his/her PPA head, which will be signed upon agreement.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is an organization set up by the Nigerian government to involve the country's graduates in the development of the country with Brig Gen Johnson Bamidele Olawumi as Director General. There is no military conscription in Nigeria, but since 1973 graduates of universities and later polytechnics have been required to take part in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program for one year. This is known as national service year.
"Corp" members are posted to cities far from their city of origin, although this posting has recently been marred with series of favoritism. They are expected to mix with people of other tribes, social and family backgrounds, to learn the culture of the indigenes in the place they are posted to. This action is aimed at bringing about unity in the country and to help youths appreciate other ethnic groups.
There is an "orientation" period of approximately three weeks spent in a military controlled boot "camp" away from family and friends. There is also a "passing out ceremony" at the end of the year and primary assignment followed by one month of vacation.
The program has also helped in creating entry-level jobs for many Nigerian youth. An NYSC forum dedicated to the NYSC members was built to bridge the gap amongst members serving across Nigeria and also an avenue for corpers to share job information and career resources as well as getting loans from the National Directorate of Employment.
The program has been met with serious criticism by a large portion of the country. The NYSC members have complained of being underpaid, paid late or not paid at all. Several youths carrying out the NYSC program have been killed in the regions they were sent to due to religious violence, ethnic violence or political violence.
Ebonyi State is a state of Nigeria, in the south of the Eastern region. It is inhabited and populated primarily by Igbo. Its capital and largest city is Abakaliki. It is one of the six states created in 1996 by the Abacha government. Ebonyi was created from parts of both Enugu State and Abia State. It is the location of the Federal College of Agriculture, Ishiagu.
There are ten primary languages spoken in Ebonyi State: Afikpo, Mgbo, Izzi, Ezaa, Edda, Ikwo, Kukele, Legbo, Mbembe,Okposi,Uburu and Oring. These languages are all subgroups of the Igbo language and are commonly spoken throughout south eastern Nigeria. Ebonyi is primarily an agricultural region. It is a leading producer of rice, yam, potatoes, maize, beans, and cassava in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
The Place of Primary Assignment is meant to be a place where corps members are sent to dispatch to the environment what they have up-step or what they gat to offer related to their field of study, but all of a sudden, it is no longer the way it used to be, corps members are posted to a Place of Primary Assignment that do not relate by any means to what he/she have studied in school. And the posting section do not place a request to what field the need or can accommodate in their place, due to lack of access to the places of Place of Primary Assignment in the area.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study goes with the name as it suggest, it is to develop a system or a software that has the ability to show a glance of Place of Primary Assignment of corps members, which a reference of Ebonyi state was chosen. Among it are others:
1. A system that will identify in every Place of Primary Assignment their basic needs (fields of work/study) so as to get their needs as requested.
2. A system to keep records of the activities of the Place of Primary Assignment of the corps member.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
For documentation propose, this research work is useful as it will keep holding the corps members record and activities also with the Place of Primary Assignment. Also, this study will serve as a learning tools in the hands of students, researchers, and workers in every part of the nation. This system will enhance the quality of service of the NYSC services
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
In caring out this research work, the researcher formulated some research question that will help her to access the new system design. The following question was tabulated to aid this research work, which are:
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the last two decades education institutions have invested heavily in information and commu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The introduction of computer into the information technology has tremendously effect on the information of organizations ...Continue Reading »
3. POLITICAL PARTIES CANDIDATE NOMINATION PARADIGM USING INTERVAL TYPE 2 FUZZY LOGIC AND FLOWER POLLINATION ALGORITHM» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction 1.1. Background of Study No global political trend has been more far reaching and profound like the ...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE REAL-TIME PARCEL TRACKING AND MONITORING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE [NIPOST])» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONAs children playing hide and seek, there seemed to be so many places where we could hide and never be found. With the world...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF IMPORTATION TRACKING PROCESSING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PORTS AUTHORITY, NPA, LAGOS)» ABSTRACT This project attempts to systematically analyze the operations, rate of goods to duties payable and the transport of cargo in the freight ind...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER ASSISTED LEARNING SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF TUTORIAL ON PRIMARY SCHOOL MATHEMATICS)» ABSTRACTIn Nigeria today, it’s a well known fact that mathematics is one of the subjects that student find difficult to understand and pass for one ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The world is fast becoming a global village and a necessary tool for this process is communic...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WORKING PROTOCOL INTERNET SYSTEM FOR THE CHRIST DOMINION POWER MIRACLE CHURCH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Probably no other advancement since the telephone has changed the way humanity works quite as muc...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page Title page Approval page Dedication Acknowledgment Table of content Abstract CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT.The complexity and anonymity of computer systems does not only aid crime in the society but also it’s a combating measure to crime and aids...Continue Reading »