Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PROBLEMS FACING PRIVATE
TELEVISIONS AND GOVERNMENT TELEVISIONS IN THE DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION IN NIGERIA
The problems which face both private and government owner television stations have always been a concern to both public and media experts,
This work is aimed at providing answers to questions asked while accomplishing.
The objectives written in the first chapter of the work.
This work is divided into five chapters.
Chapter one gives the background of the study and frame work upon which research is built.
The second chapter centers on literature review.
The third chapter concerns the general methodology that guided the research,
The fourth chapter covers data presentation, analysis and interpretation,
The fifth chapter which is the last devoted to summary of the work, conclusion, reached and recommendations for policy and further research,
In this work, all the various problems confronting both private and government owned televisions were looked at.
In this work, survey research method was used because it is suitable to our objective.
The questionnaire was distributed randomly to workers of MINAJ Television and NTA at Owerri,
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
1.7 CONCEPTUAL AND OPERATIONAL DEFINITION
1.9 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE
2.1 SOURCES OF LITERATURE
2.2 THE REVIEW
2.3 SUMMARY OF LITERATURE REVIEW
3.1 RESEARCH METHOD
3.2 RESEARCH DESIGN
3.3 RESEARCH SAMPLE
3.4 MEASURING INSTRUMENT
3.5 DATA COLLECTION
3.6 DATA ANALYSIS
3.7 EXPECTED RESULTS
DATA ANALYSES AND RESULTS
4.1 DATA ANALYSIS
SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY
5.2 RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Though both private and government owned television are established for the purposes of dissemination of information to their guidance, yet they are confronted with some problems.
These problems range from their ownership to management, which no doubt have affected both polices and operations, finance case studies.
Both of the media houses utilize electronic magnetic waves in reading divisive audience but by comparative analysis, the factors of ownership and media policy differ them in terms of styles, objectives, operations etc.
In this circumstance, comparative analysis of the researcher is based on case studies of both minaj television Obosi, a private television and that of NTA Channel 12 Owerri a government owned television house.
We shall look at the history of Television stations in Nigeria and specifically the problems facing the two.
Television was this introduced by the defunct Western Region Government in 1959, which was then known as Western Nigeria Broadcasting the Federal Government.
At present Nigeria has well over 30 Television stations. The MINAJ Television was established in 1994 while NTA Owerri was established 2003, According to the book mass media purpose, principles and practices written by BEN AGBO AND NKEM FAB-UKOZOR, say that the coverage of Television is limited to the urban centers which in effect indicate that the audience for television come from the towns.
There is evidence in this paper that television broadcasting in Nigeria was not people- oriented but a policy toll and propaganda but at present, some fairness, balance can be observed in some especially the privately owned ones.
1.1 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Both Government owned and private television stations are of immense importance to the society minding the roles which they play accordingly information, education and entertainment.
Taking cognizance of the fact that there is growth of advertising and there is privatization of the broadcast media.
The Television broadcasting are sure to greatly influence the lives of Nigerians positively and of course negatively,
In this regard, we shall attempt to make comparative analysis on both privately owned and government owned television station, with a focus on problems facing them.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
It is the objective of this paper to make comparative analysis on the problem facing with private and government owned Television station.
It is also to proffer solutions to such problems
Another objective of this study is also to determine the historical evolution and development of broadcasting in Nigeria.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will help us determine the factors which constitute problems to both private and government television broadcasting stations and also to know the extent with which the problems have reached and the study will also suggest solutions to the problems.
As a result of the fact that the organization might not have time and also the resources both manpower and other wise to research into this topic, this very work would therefore, present a comprehensive and factual information or knowledge of their operations in the state. By acknowledging the facts put up more efforts to improve or automatically correcting the problems existing in the station
On the other hand, as a station owned and finance by the government and private, a knowledge of the station’s problems is a step towards solving it.
The public in general will benefit from the findings of this research and the solutions if implemented by the management of government and private television station, their conditions and level of service will improve and the public will have cause to enjoy and identify with the station the more especially students of mass communication will always find this work valuable as it serve as a reference materials for them.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In this regard, the research was conducted in two various stations government and private owned.
The following were asked during the interview
1) What are the problems of information dissemination facing MINAJ Television
2) What are the problems facing NTA Channel 12 Owerri in the cause of dissemination of information.
3) What are the distinguishing factors between management of government owned television stations and the private television stations.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Hi: Government and private television has problems that hamper their dissemination of information in Nigeria
Ho: Government and private television do not have problems that hamper their dissemination of information in Nigeria
H2: Information disseminated through private television station are more objectives than these disseminated through government owned Television station, owing to nature of finance, and control.
H3: Private Television studies offer greater opportunities to the political class for political campaigns than the government owned television studio since the later sects its clines based on for political interests.
Ho: Private Television studies do not offer greater opportunities to the political class for political campaigns than the government owned television studio since the later selects its clients based on for political interests.
H4: Journalists under private Television studies are more versatile and aggressive than these under the employ of Government owned television studios.
Ho: Journalists under private Television studies are not more versatile and aggressive than those under the employ of government owned television studios.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN OF A COMPUTER ASSISTED MULTIPLE CHOICE EXAMINATION SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Computer Science Department Fedponek Owerri)» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement AbstractCHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.0 The problem and its settlings 1.1 Objecti...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED TOURISM INFORMATION SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF OWERRI IN IMO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. It plays an important part in nation’s economy by ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Cybersecurity through ethical hacking plays an important role in the ongoing development of telec...Continue Reading »
» AbstractThe research work â€œ Online Store Management System â€ includes ales, stock keeping, warehouse management, staff update, vendors updat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Thousands of banks perform millions of monetary transactions every day and thousands of users follow almost ...Continue Reading »
6. omputer Base Network Security And Firewalls In Banking System (A Case Study Of Diamond Bank Nig Plc Owerri)» Abstract The degree of incidence of an organization that services to customer such as banks security depends on speed and accuracy with the service pe...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TEACHER PENSION VERIFICATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE PENSION BOARD)» CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTIONThe management of Pension Fund in Nigeria is as old as Nigeria itself. Pension fund was introduced by the colonial masters ...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB-BASED SURVEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN RESEARCH FOUNDATION)» ABSTRACT The paper aims at designing and implementing a web enabled survey system that can used by research institutions in gathering information from...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION INSIGHT TO ONLINE MARKETPLACE Online Market, commonly known as e commerce or eCommerce, or e business consists of the buying ...Continue Reading »
10. WEB-BASED SYSTEM FOR LAND TITLE APPLICATION (CASE STUDY: NIGER STATE MINISTRY OF LAND AND HOUSING)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Every country, people, communit...Continue Reading »