Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
the office no doubt makes an important contribution to economic and social life
of any nation or society. Hence any complex industrial society would rapidly
come to a stand still if the office is not there. This an efficient
organization must provide its management with efficient and sufficient
information, planning control and financial services.
It is limit to expenditure on administrative services. If every one were engaged in office work there would be imbalances between productive activities and administration. The correct balance must be struck between the resources devoted to directly to productive activities so as to sustain rapid economic development of that nation.
Little Mill Standing ford and Appleby (1986) remarked that administration is that part of the management process concerned with the institution and carrying out of procedures by which the programme is held down and communicated the progress of activities is regulated and checked against target and plans. Essentially the purpose of the office is to provide services of communication and records. This can be amplified under five headings as follows receiving information recording information giving information arranging information and safeguarding of asset.
Office can make only these vital contributions if there is both efficient office services by general management and department manager. ( that is the production manager, the marketing manager the secretary and others).
Today the office is becoming such a complex place and more demanding that the executive finds it difficult to cope with the task. In other words she needs someone that would help her accomplish her tasks hence the need for a secretary. On the whole a secretary today is part and parcel of the executive and so is very indispensable. She is the person who assists the executive by displaying an export skill (imitative tact judgment and others) in performing her office function without close supervision by the executive. Thus she should posses the ability to relieve the executive of designated administrative detail when the need arises.
The role of a secretary in office administration and management to a large extent depends on the type of office she work in the post occupied by the boss and her qualification (s). the secretary deals with the boss staff visitors and all paper works.
This study is therefore an attempt to identify and analyze the role of a secretary in office administration management using ministry of finance, Enugu state as the reference point.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
multiple roles in any organization. They are the life wire of establishment or
business outfit. By virtue of their position and the performance of their job,
there exists some imminent problem. Such problems are likely to influence the
role of secretaries.
1. Lack of respect and recognition to secretaries from employers of labour who look down on secretarial administration and regarded those who practice it as never-do-wells
2. Inadequate modern equipment used by secretaries hinders their efficiency and effectiveness of their jobs.
3. Secretaries are not apportioned to use or manipulate the required equipment necessary for their profession thereby making them not fit for their profession
4. Secretaries are always regarded as a professional
servant to the executive
5. Some bosses use their secretaries as scope goat and dehumanize them
before their visitors because such bosses see the secretaries as supporting staff who he believed cannot stand on their own
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this study is to identify the role of
a secretary in office administration and management specifically the study
1. Find out the role of secretaries in office administration and management
2. Ascertain the played by government in uplifting the state of secretaries in their employ
3. Determine the factors militating enough for their roles
in their organization
5. Find out if modern facilities needed by secretaries in organization adequate.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
H0: secretaries do not play any significant role in office administration and management
H1: secretaries do play a significant role in office administration and management
H0: there are no factors militating against the roles of secretaries in an organization
H2: there are factors militating against the roles of secretaries in an organization
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study delved into the role of secretaries in office administration and management. It focus mainly on the ministry of finance Enugu.
Time constraint: The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
Inadequate Materials: Scarcity of material is also another hindrance. The researcher finds it difficult to long hands in several required material which could contribute immensely to the success of this research work.
Financial constraint: Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the roles of secretaries in office
administration and management?
2.To what extent have government at various tiers succeeded in uplifting the states of secretaries in their employ?
3. What are the factors militating against the effective performance of the secretaries function in any organization?
4. To what extent have secretaries been remunerated for their role in their various organization?
5. To what extent are the facilities needed by the secretaries in the organization adequate?
1.7 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
It is only when the result of any research is effectively
used that the time and resources invested on it can be justified. Thus the
result of this study would be of great importance for effective discharge of
secretarial functions in all the office of ministry of finance. At least all
the secretaries would be recognized hence their roles.
Office administration and management is a crucial issue as no organization can function without a properly managed office. The result would extent to the public services and business houses all over the country, as the role of a secretary would be adequately known and discharge.
This study would equally be of immense benefit to those students who whish to take secretarial administration as a profession.
It is hoped that the result of this research would educate the general public as to who a secretary is and the importance attached to the profession. Equally it would educate the secretary in understanding more about herself her role prospects constraints and chosen profession.
1.8 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
A secretary or personal assistant is a person whose work consists of supporting management, including executives, using a variety of project management, communication, or organizational skills
Office administration is a set of day-to-day activities that are related to financial planning, record keeping & billing, personnel, physical distribution and logistics, within an organization
1.9 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is presented in five (5) chapters in accordance with the standard presentation of research work.
Chapter one contains the introduction which include; background of the study, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of study, research questions, significance of study, scope of study and overview of the study. Chapter two deals with review of related literature. Chapter three dwelt on research methodology which include; brief description of the study area, research design, sources of data, population of the study, sample size and sampling technique, instrument of data collection, validity of instrument, reliability of instrument and method of data presentation and analysis. Chapter four consists of data presentation and analysis while chapter five is the summary of findings, recommendations and conclusion.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The place and value of manpower planning as a resource for organizational productivity and success cannot be o...Continue Reading »
2. GENDER CONSIDERATIONS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA [A CASE STUDY OF OJU PRINTING PRESS, KADUNA)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research is to find out how Gender Consideration and Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria bring economic development t...Continue Reading »
3. CORPORATE STRATEGY AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR ORGANIZATION SURVIVAL: (A STUDY OF MTN NIGERIA OWERRI, IMO STATE» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The ultimate of very corporate entity is to remain in business perpetually. This will only be possi...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF MANAGEMENT ON PRODUCTIVITY OF BUSINESS ORGANISATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF TRANSCORP HOTEL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Organizations are as old as the human race. As years passed, the human beings understood that th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was designed to find out the effects of Inventory Management on Corporate Profit using the Nigerian Bottling company as the case st...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION OF BANKING SYSTEM OF NIGERIA (CASE STUDY OF GTB)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The concept of ICT innovation has been one of the concept of globalization. ICT innovation has been shown in different part o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study In every business there is a way of doing things or a system adopted by the firm in order to achie...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF TRADE UNIONISM ON THE GROWTH OF PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ASUP ABIA STATE POLYTECHNIC, ABA)» ABSTRACT This subject of labour unrest has been a characteristic feature in Nigeria. “The question often asked is whether trade Unions are neces...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF PRICE ON THE CONSUMPTION OF FAST MOVING CONSUMER GOODS: A CASE STUDY OF NIBBLES KITCHEN AND RESTAURANT KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Price is payment or compensation given by one party to another in return for goods or services. I...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF SOCIO- ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS ON LOAN REPAYMENT, AMONG COOPERATIVE ENTERPRISES IN OSHIMILI SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT This research study adopted an econometric analysis on The Impact of Socio Economic Characteristics On Loan Repayment Among Cooperative Enter...Continue Reading »