Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In the transport context appraisal is always likely to be complex with interactions at many levels with other policy areas. The government white papers a new deals for transport better for everyone (Peter, 1998), sets in place the policy context for dealing with transport and highlight the complexity of transport problem and the interactions with other policy, areas our quality of life depend on transport, most of us travel every day, even if only locally. And we need an efficient transport system to support a strong and prosperous economy. But in turn, the way we travel is damaging our town and cities and harming our country side as demand for transport grows, we are even changing the every climate of our planet: transport appraisal is carried out to provide input to efficient policy development and resources allocation across government.
To be effective, must deal consistently with competing proposals be even handed across modes and take account of wide range of effects his guidance represents the department attempt ensure that transport appraisal are carried out effectively it has been written to be broadly consistent with the green book for anyone wishing to appraise a transport scheme in England should you identify any apparent contradiction between target an early stage in the study process the current future transport related problems will have been identified analyzed and displayed using text, tables and plots as appropriate as assessment of the text to which the problems identified would be solved by the option or option propose need to be made considering both absolute and relative performance against key indicators. It is possible that the second and third of these appraisal stands may amount to much the same thing, although this will clearly depend on the nature of the local and regional objectives adopted and the form of the local problems analysis.
This analysis is also likely to be particular interest to regional and local authorities and the local people and additional locally transport providers. These issues are distribution/specially, across mode etc the impacts of the solution, thus enabling an assessment to be made about the fairness of impact on those affected. Affordability and financials sustainability which aim to outline the financial performance of the solution identifying public acceptability which follow as checklist that includes such measure as feasibility are of interest, complexity political nature of solution.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
1. The neglect of transport sector by the management in the distribution of goods in the local government and it has caused economic backwardness to the local government.
2. Poor roads which surround the Aguata local government area constitute a problem, especially in the rural area where there is no good road. This has raised alarm from various media houses in the state for proper maintenance of roads and construction of new ones to aid rural areas.
3. The high cost of transportation facilities increase the price of freight chargeable one goods for distribution and this cause the increase in production cost.
4. Poor transportation system has made it difficult for some towns and village in the local government to dispose their product from agricultural sector.
5. Most of the vehicles transporting the goods are not motor-able most of the vans get spoiled on the way and the goods damaged before reaching desired customers.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study means the objective of the study i.e. the purpose for carrying out the research.
This research aimed to identify the numerous obstacles that have militated against the growth of distribution of goods and services in Aguata Local Government Area. The research is equally targeted at discovering the solutions of distribution of goods and service throughout transportation means. This research is also aimed at proffering recommendations as to the possible mean by which the problem of transportation and distribution of goods and services can be eliminated as a tool for distribution growth.
This research also helps to improve the predictive power in business by offering relevant solution to the problem of transportation and distribution of goods and services in Aguata local government area.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is geared towards the distribution of goods in Aguata local government area and those obstacles that hinders them for clarity, we will use the below yardstick for measuring effectiveness.
i. The amount of goods that are distributed into the villages.
ii. The prices of the distributed goods if the proseis high why and if the price is low, what make it to be low.
Aguata local government should understand that the economic growth of any, lies on the annual turnover. If goods are not needed, it will hinder production and the economy will degenerate. The rural area should have an asset to all this products that are produced in the towns and also the town as well will benefit from the remote part of the local government area. Business men wholesalers will benefit more if goods are adequately distributed to the potential consumers and the circle continuous and economy flows.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Some of the research questions useful for this work includes:
i. Try to know if management inefficiency influence transportation in Aguata local government area?
ii. The roles which advertisement and awareness play transport strategies in the area?
iii. Knowing if bad roads and distance affect price of product distribution in Aguata local government area?
iv. To find out if high tax rate affect the distribution price?
v. To find out if high cost of transportation facilities influence the price of goods and services?
vi. To know if poor transportation system has affected most areas in the local government in getting the finished goods and services?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
In Nigeria and all over the world, transportation and distribution of goods and services is every vital to an area, from the research conducted. It was observed that transportation facilities the carrying of goods from one place to another and it is common in all limited to transporting of goods and services in Aguata local government area due to the following factors.
a. Time: Due to lack of appropriate time that is involved in this project work. I cannot go beyond Aguata local government area for more research work on the transportation problem in the distribution of goods.
b. High cost of transportation: This is another factor that hinders the program of this project the fact that one could have travelled to so many area for the research purpose but due to high cost of transport fare one cannot afford further research. Besides that lack of vehicles contributed against the research work.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERM
Distribution Channels: This is defined as part followed by products as it changes hand and acquires more usefulness in the movement from production to consumptions.
Production: This is the provision of goods and service capable of satisfying human wants.
Economic development: This is described as making the best use lot all the resources available in a country with production in order to enhance the standard of living.
Raw Material: This could defined as the goods which are still in their primary style that will be turned into finished product.
Economic planning: This involves allocation of resources by the government in such a way that growth is smooth and as repaired as possible leading to an overall improvement in the standard of living of the people.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE PERFORMANCE OF AGRICULTRAL EXTENSION WORKERS AMONG SMALL HOLDER FARMERS: A CASE STUDY OF FARMERS’ MULTIPURPOSE COOPERATIVE SOC...» ABSTRACT This study evaluates the role of Extension Agents in enhancing the performance of Farmers’ Multipurpose Cooperatives Societies (FMCS). ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Risk management is the identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by coordina...Continue Reading »
3. AN EXAMINATION OF THE CHALLENGES IN IMPLEMENTING TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM) IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY IN CALABAR: A STUDY OF CHANNEL VIEW HOTEL,...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Total Quality Management (TQM) is considered an important driving force because it has captured t...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL ON PRODUCTIVITY IN THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY [COCA-COLA] KAD...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Production Planning and control are terms that though commonly used have witness a lot of changes both in mean...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Pinchot (1984) defined intrapreneurs as "dreamers who do. Those who take hands on responsibility ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY As it will be practically impossible to talk of a building without a foundation, so also it will ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study examined the effect of strategic environmental factors on the corporate performance of Multinational Corporation using three (3) se...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Hotel industry is one of the largest industries in the tourism sector which has played a vital role in the hospitality in...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL ON EMPLOYEES PRODUCTIVITY: A STUDY OF SANTANA SECURITY AGENCY LIMITED,UYO» Abstract The main objective of this study is to determine the extent to which performance appraisal can enhance employee performance and productivity....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Road Transportation is a necessary end right from early history. The mobility of people and mater...Continue Reading »