Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Advertisers are expected to shift and spend millions in internet advertising in the coming years than TV, print ads and other traditional advertising media. With the rapid growth in technology, the internet is becoming an important one stop point for consumers in finding most of their needs. Be it communication, entertainment, shopping, information search, internet serves as a panacea for all their requirements. Many consumers are online every day for their personal work, but do they notice the ads, banners displayed on that webpage, and most important their recall value. The current study investigated the effectiveness of internet advertising on consumer behavior by conducting a case study of University of Nairobi Students. The study sought to determine the effectiveness of internet advertising on reach and creation of awareness; to establish the reliability of internet advertising through recall; and to determine the relationship between internet advertising and purchase decision.The study used a case study research design. The target population was the University of Nairobi students. The study used stratified sampling technique to select 100 study respondents. The primary data was collected using questionnaires. Content analysis was used to analyze qualitative data while the quantitative data was analyzed using descriptive statistics using SPSS. Regression and Correlation analysis was used to show the relationships among the variables. The data was presented through percentages, means, standard deviations and frequencies. The study found that internet advertising was effective on reach and creation of awareness due to diverse usage, and established that its reliability as an advertising media was low compared to TV. Internet advertising has significant relationship with purchase decision of the consumers and therefore is a key determinant in influencing consumer behaviour. The study determined that there is a positive relationship between internet advertising and consumer purchase decision and further recommends that companies should conduct a market research on the different markets in various countries to ensure that the internet advertising initiatives being implemented suits the targeted markets to improve product purchases.
1.1 Background to the study
Internet has grown tremendously in both its applications and number of users due to its unique characteristics of flexibility, interactivity, and personalization. It has been a very useful tool for communication, entertainment, education, and electronic trade (Ko et al., 2004; Koyuncu and Lien, 2003). The revolutionary change brought forth by information technology has an important impact on the daily lives. It has transformed the way we do business by allowing retailers to offer unlimited range of products and services to all consumers from around the world at any point in time. The Internet has emerged as an advertising medium (Silk et al., 2001). Many companies have turned to the Internet to advertise their products and services; and the Internet is deemed to be the most significant direct marketing channel for the global marketplace (Faber et al., 2004; Ko et al., 2004; Korgaonkar and Wolin, 2002). Companies are pouring billions of dollars into Internet advertising to obtain greater return on investment on ads (Edwards, 2005; Joines et al.,2003).
The Internet has given consumers more control in accessing information on products and services. There are several factors that contribute to consumers pull for online content—consumers are the one who decide when, where, what, and how much commercial content they wish to view (Korgaonkar and Wolin, 2002). The Internet enables consumers to access an unlimited range of products and services from companies around the world, and it has reduced the time and effort they spend on shopping (Ko et al., 2004).
Consumers play a much more active role in searching for information online with some goal in mind, and that goal can influence individual behaviors and responses to online information and advertisements (Smith, 2002). With the rapid advancement in the computer industry, many companies have made the Internet as part of their advertising media mix to take advantage of the online technologies (Calisir, 2003).
The Internet has become a popular advertising platform because marketers found that the Internet possess greater flexibility and control over the advertising materials (Ducoffe, 1996).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This research paper was conducted on the assessment of the inventory control and management syste...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF LEADERSHIP PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTING COOPERATIVE SOCIETY [A STUDY OF KRPC MULTI- PURPOSE COOPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Leadership is as old as human being, there is no human endeavour that does not require proper lea...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study concerns how the KEKE NAPEP programme of Federal Government Poverty Eradication Programmes has fared in alleviating poverty among y...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF SOCIO- ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS ON LOAN REPAYMENT, AMONG COOPERATIVE ENTERPRISES IN OSHIMILI SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT This research study adopted an econometric analysis on The Impact of Socio Economic Characteristics On Loan Repayment Among Cooperative Enter...Continue Reading »
5. THE PROSPECTS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN THE NIGERIA POWER SECTOR BY UMAR, TALATU RAIYA PG/M.» ABSTRACTThe dynamic nature of changes in the environment has made organisations, big orsmall the world over, to turn to “quality” to help them cop...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSING THE ROLE OF SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISES FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF HIANS TECHNOLOGY ENUGU URBAN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The sub sectors of the industrial sector are the Small and Medium Scale Enterprises which play cr...Continue Reading »
7. MANAGEMENT OF EMPLOYEE WELFARE WITH EMPHASIS ON INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENTS AND SAFETY (A CASE STUDY OF PREMIER BREWERIES PLC ONITSHA)» ABSTRACT In organization people to work effectively in an organization emphasis on industrial accident and safety should be made. The welfare of the e...Continue Reading »
8. APPLICATION OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT IN SCHOOL HOSTELS (CASE STUDIES OF MOREMI AND NEW HALL HOSTELS IN UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS)» ABSTRACT Facilities management can be regarded as the process of planning, implementing, maintaining and accounting for the appropriate physical space...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF TALENT MANAGEMENT ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NESTLE NIGERIA LIMITED)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The ultimate goal of every business organization is to increase the sale of goods and service tha...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATION FOR MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT POLICIES (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY (NDA), KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The importance of employing good evaluation in improving manpower development cannot be over ...Continue Reading »