Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
It is an inevitable fact that Nigeria of the pre-independence era was predominately small scale in its productions and marketing activities. Small scale business has becomes the next option since they stood a better chance of offering a more personal relationship with customers as well as socio economic satisfactions of societal needs and well being.
Unfortunately the over concentration on the oil sector which Nigeria hoped will boost economic growth led to the negligence of the small scale industries until economic depression set in during the oil boom period. This and other factors led to the quest for private participation in the various economic sectors through the Small Scale Industries especially in the present civilian government where the Industrial Development Centres (IDCS ) have embarked upon a loan scheme for small business to enhance their contribution to national economic development and contribute to health care delivery service.
SMEs has played a great role in health care delivery due to recent happening of sickness of many kinds ranging from HIV, Malaria, Typhoid, Ebola, cancer, and lots more, thus the strong awareness and educative program done and organize by SMEs of non government organization are so alarming to the youth and society. The support of large corporation like shell Petroleum Company, world health organization and SMEs in donating hospital facilities, vaccine and all form of assist to develop and upgrade the health care unit in the nation and community to maintain an healthy environment in the country, SMEs are grass root of economy been an agent to distribution of goods and service in a low rate to meet the need of the people.
The health care system of the communities in the nation tends to surfer low financial funding from the government and some SMEs, the financial gap in the health care delivery should be close by The following:
• Federal Government of Nigeria
• Rivers State Government
• Local Government Councils
• Donor partners:
International organizations –
World Health Organization
Local organizations/corporations –
Niger Delta Development Corporation (NDDC)
Shell Petroleum Company
Non Governmental Organizations
The state of stance in the Abio-akpor local government area in River state has been recording strategies in upgrading the health care system with the support of the government and some local and international agencies in achieving a good and productive health care system, the following are the percent support to the community,
Infrastructure - Completed
1. Construction of 150 bed Prof. Kelsey Harrison (Niger) Hospital.
2. Construction of Modular theatre in BMSH, Port Harcourt.
3. Collaboration with Clinotech Group Canada in specialist manpower development in BMSH, Radiologists are being trained in the use of MRI,
CT Scan, Mammography, Fluorography equipment use and maintenance.
4. Upgrade of BMSH Laboratory to a reference Laboratory.\
5. Construction of Model Primary Health Centre at Okochiri and Okrika
6. Construction of Model Primary Health Centre, Churchill Road, Port
7. Construction of Model Primary Health Centre, Okija Street Diobu, Port
8. Construction and Equipment of new mortuary for BMSH
9. Construction of Ndoni Primary Health Centre
10. Construction of Model Primary Health Centre Elekahia
11. Renovation of two buildings at Admin section of Former UPTH for
Relocation of Ports Johnson Polyclinics, Port Harcourt
12. Renovation of one building as temporary Zonal Drug Store for Southsouth TBL Programme
13. Renovation of the Mortuary Foster at Okrika General Hospital
14. Demolition work at the former UPTH site and evacuation of debris
15. Renovation work at Bodo General Hospital
16. Completion of New Mortuary at BMSH
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE CASE STUDY
The health care system in Nigeria, especially abio-akpor lagcal government area, is facing health care degrading issues in the nation.
Obio/Akpor with its Headquarters at Rumuodomaya was created by the military Administration of former President Ibrahim Babangida on the 3rd day of May, 1989 out of the Port Harcourt City Local Government of Rivers State, one of the major centres of economic activities in Nigeria, and one of the major cities of the Niger Delta, located in Rivers State. The Local Government Area covers 260 km2 and at the 2006 Census held a population of 878,890 and shares boundaries with Emohua, Ikwerre, Etche, Oyigbo, Eleme, Okrika and Port Harcourt Local Government Areas of Rivers State. It is locally constituted by the people of Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality, but due to its Urban Status and the hospitality of the people, there is an influx of other nationalities to the Local Government Area. The major occupation of the people are farming, fishing and trading. However, there is also high volume of commercial activities due to the location of several corporate organizations within the Council Area. It is today the centre of Oil activities in Rivers State and tagged “the gateway” Local Government.
To this high level of commercial activities the health care delivery has been supported by Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) upgrade the Community Health Insurance supports health service provision in 27 health scheme (CHIS) implementation. The facilities in the Niger Delta, which includes Obio services provided before the introduction of the Cottage hospital located in Obio-Akpor LGA of scheme were mainly Maternal and Child welfare Rivers State. The supportive healthcare services and also Out-patients clinics but without in provided Obio Cottage Hospital was a Primary Health Care facility that had one visiting doctor before it was to these health facilities are implemented patients. With the support of upgrading of the health facility by the Community Health Department of SPDC, more doctors and other healthcare providers were employed.
1.2 STATEMENT OF GENERAL PROBLEMS
Small and enterprises are everywhere in every sector and are seen in every community. However Nigeria has witness the proliferation of small business aimed at increasing industrial output and subsequent economic growth and development through the efficiency of small scale enterprises.
There are some questions however that should be asked where answers could suggest solutions to the problem under study.
1. What is the relationship between small scale industries and standard of living of Nigeria businessmen and entire populace?
2. Is there a positive correlation between small scale industries and economic development?
3. What is the position of the small scale enterprises under the computer industry? Are there problems associated with operation of both hardware and software?
4. How do business owners asses the success or otherwise?
5. Does the success of the small scale industries rest only on the activities of small scale enterprises or it also depends on some macro economic variables in the environment?
6. Does the success of next generation computer academy guarantee Nigeria’s economic development? Or is there more to that?
These questions among others form the foundation upon which the research is built.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this research is to assess the SMEs AND HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SERVICE IN ABIO-AKPOR LAGCAL GOVERNMENT AREA: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES, other objective include:
i. Assessing the possible problems which could hinder health care delivery services in Abio-Akpor lagcal government area.
ii. To examine why some SMEs should support health care delivery service in Abio-Akpor local government area
iii. Assessing the contribution of the government towards health.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to SMEs and health care delivery service in Abio-Akpor local government area and covers the challenges and opportunities
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research is beneficial to ministry of health, SMEs, doctors ans many more in view of the following revelations.
- To invest and make health sector a success and standard health care delivery system.
- To Abio-akpor lagcal government area it will expose the strength and or weaknesses of their operations.
- To general public the research will serve as an asset to students especially those who intend to become self employed, lecturers and other researches particularly in marketing and business studies.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education is an investment on human being, the investment and characteristics of education given ...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF MOTIVATIONAL TOOLS ON EMPLOYEES MORALE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A case study of Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited (KRPC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION It has been asserted over the years that motivation is important to workers just as water is important to sustain...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF PRICE ON THE CONSUMPTION OF FAST MOVING CONSUMER GOODS A CASE STUDY OF NIBBLES KITCHEN AND RESTAURANT KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Price is payment or compensation given by one party to another in return for goods or services. I...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on an assessment of the marketing segmentation on production planning in organization. The total population for the study is 20...Continue Reading »
5. Trade Unionism And It’s Impact On Workers Welfare In Nigeria Trade Unionism And Organisational Effectiveness (A Study Of Nestle Nigeria Plc, Lagos)» ABSTRACT This study is motivated by the unseemly variety of problems faced by an average Nigerian worker and the fundamental question as the level and...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSING THE EFFECT OF MATERIAL HANDLING ON THE PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Material Management, as practiced in business today, can be defined as “a confederacy of traditional materia...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO ECOBANK PLC, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study An organization may be profit oriented or non profit oriented. The fact remains that every organi...Continue Reading »
8. ROLE OF SECRETARIES AS TOOL FOR ENHANCING THE QUALITY OF SERVICES RENDERED BY GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENT IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of study Interest in service delivery is increasing in the corporate world and especially in both public and priva...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study According to the International Labour Organisation (ILO) (2009), occupational safety and health i...Continue Reading »
10. NEGOTIATION AS A COST REDUCTION TECHNIQUE IN MATERIAL PROCUREMENT AT NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC KADUNA PLANT» CHAPTER I: Introduction Every human being needs water to survive, so also every organization needs materials to survive. In the private and public sec...Continue Reading »