Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Road Transportation is a necessary end right from early history. The mobility of people and materials especially in the present days become one of the greatest needs that have to be adequately satisfied on our society and economy at large.
Transportation is referred to as the engine of the economy (Kunri 2005:79). This means that with out transportation management system, the entire economy will suffer stagnation. Transportation helps to bridge the gap between producers, suppliers and industrials users as well as individual commuters.
Research has shown that transportation alone account for about 46% of the total physical distribution costs for manufacturing companies and 28 % for reseller companies
It is important to note that not much success can be accomplish in manufacturing, distribution of goods and services including the movement of people without transportation.
It is as a result of the great importance attached to transportation that man has over the years developed various transportation modes in other to facilitate the movement of people and materials. The mode of transportation selected will greatly depend on price, time, delivery, condition and destination, customer’s patronage, and past purchase satisfaction.
This poor transportation management can therefore jeopardize the source of procurement of materials; goods and services, movement or people and even course increase in prices and loss of lives.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Poor road transportation management is one major problem that is affecting the growth of the economy. Poor road transportation management has led to the ineffectiveness and collapse of the Nigerian road system that suppose to carry bulky goods from one city to another and has made inflation to be high. This in turn has bounced as the road transportation system characteristized by heavy duty lorries overworking the road system and the resultant effect is damages of roads causing accidents and loss of lives and property.
Poor management of Peace mass transit transportation system has caused breakdown of vehicles that has resulted in goods and movement of people not being able to reach their destination on time.
This poor management of road transportation systems has cost the nation a damaged image, loss of huge amount of money, loss of lives and properties and most customers are greatly dissatisfied with condition of road transportation in Nigeria.
Lack of poor technological development to monitor or regulate the speed of vehicles, lack of clean vehicles, high overloading of men and goods are great problems to road transportation. In addition, the poor attitude of drivers towards their passengers is nothing to write home about.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The over all objective of this research is to investigate the impact of road transportation management that will yield satisfaction to customers.
The specific objectives include:
To explore the operation of road transportation management in Nigeria as regard to peace mass Transit.
To identify the problems of road transportation management in Nigeria
To determine the contribution obtained from effective road transportation management in Nigeria.
To identify the impact of road transportation management on the Nigerian economy
To make useful recommendation to road transportation management in Nigeria.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Does road transportation management play any important role in the movement of goods and services?
Are commuters satisfied when there is breakdown of vehicle on the high way?
Are commuters satisfied when they do not reach their destination as scheduled?
Are commuters satisfied when driver is at high speed limit?
Does Peace Mass transportation company have adequate modern technology and infrastructure to the satisfaction of customer?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be useful to many sectors of the economy, as little research has been done on this area. Thus road transport companies, ministry of works, transport, and academic will benefit immensely from this study.
Also, the commuters, manufacturing companies and businessmen especially the middlemen will equally benefit from the study.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work covers the road transportation system in Nigeria with special focus to PMT, their functions operationalization, problems and government policies to regulate this industry as to deliver maximum satisfaction to the public.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researcher faced some limitation during the course of this research. Some branches or Peace Mass transport companies were unwillingly to supply the needed information due to the confidential and sensitive of the data. Thus research work have to source for the available data.
Time and financial factor were also the major factors as the timeframe to submit the project was too short for an extensive research. Lack of adequate finance to fund the researcher as to visit many places was another major setback.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
MOT: Ministry of Transport
VIO: Vehicle Inspector Officer
FSLC: First School Leaving Certificate
WEAC: West African Examination Council
NCE: National Certificate of Education
OND: Ordinary National Diploma
BSc: Bachelor of Science
HND: Higher National Diploma
PMT: Peace Mass Transit
Okakunori, O.K. (2006). Transportation Management. Enugu: Grovani Publishers.
Vewere, T. A (2000). Business Management. Benin City: Flovent System Publishers.
Ineigbenebor, A. U. (2005), Introduction to Business. Benin City: Uri Publishing Ltd.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE PERFORMANCE OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study When scholars first introduced the word “inventory”, they use the word stocks that are kept on st...Continue Reading »
2. PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AS A MANAGERIAL TOOL FOR EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» ABSTRACT This research was on Performance Appraisal as a Managerial Tool for Employee Performance (A study of University of Uyo, Uyo). The objectives ...Continue Reading »
3. PROSPECTS AND PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF MANAGEMENT BY OBJECTIVES IN COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION: 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Management needs a lot of tools to be able to administer effectively in the day to day running o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Several studies have been carried out in Nigeria to find out why many organisations and industries started of well later fall...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF EMPOWERMENT AND DELEGATION ON EMPLOYEE MORALE AND PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF JULIUS BERGER PLC)» ABSTRACT The research proffers an assessment of the impact of empowerment and delegation on employee morale and productivity. It appraises the nature ...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO ECOBANK PLC, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study An organization may be profit oriented or non profit oriented. The fact remains that every organi...Continue Reading »
7. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF RENTAL VARIATION IN RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF PORT HARCOURT 2004- 2014)» ABSTRACT This research has investigated in to a comparative analysis of rental variation in residential and commercial properties in Port Harcourt 200...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This project introduces planning as an important tool to management of small scale business with ...Continue Reading »
9. INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM) IN THE NIGERIAN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The management of construction projects requires knowledge of modem management as well as an unde...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Life after retirement has been a major concern to every worker. The level of preparation and confidence of employees towards retirement varie...Continue Reading »