Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 74 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The management of construction projects requires knowledge of modem management as well as an understanding of the design and construction process (http://www.cecmu.ed). According to David (2006) a project is define as a temporary endeavour undertaken to create a unique project or services. Temporary means that every project has a definite beginning and a definite end. Unique means that the product or services is different in some distinguishing way from all similar product Or services. Dannis 2007 define project as capital investment to develop facilities to provide goods and services. From the above definitions of project, all projects require management and management has been given a number of definitions among which are: Martin defines management as “the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of activities of business enterprise”. Martin (2002) defined management as the coordination of all resources of an organization through the process of planning, organizing, budgeting and controlling in order to achieve organization objectives.
Martin (2002) defined management as the coordination of all resources of an organization through the process of planning, organizing, budgeting and controlling in order to achieve organization objectives.
The management of project adhesive known as project management according to (CIOB 2002) project management as the overall planning coordination and control of a project from inception to completion, aimed at meeting a clients requirement in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project that will be completed on time within authorized cost and to the required quality standards.
Adoptability is defines as the acceptance of a particular method or policy in order to achieve certain objectives (Oxford advance Dictionary, 6th edition).
Adoption of project management was often more accepted, placing the project manager functional manager and project professionals in indigenous roles trying to support project needs, Lock (2007).
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
In Nigeria, the implementation of modern project management tools methods and techniques is still not well established in public sector, this result into failure of public institutions and their contractor in performing their duties concerning the budget, specification and deadlines in project delivery and lack of financial support as barriers to successful project planning and execution in Nigeria public sector, Idoro and Ajayi (2009). The difficult nature of construction project, resulting to cost overshoot of construction materials and equipment, also affect delay in project completion makes it pertinent in adopting the application of project management.
1.3 NEED OF THE STUDY
The growing need for a better understanding of the clients requirement in terms of functionality, financial control, time and a very much better clearer coordination of the work of consultants and contractors have all contributed to the need for project management. The complex nature of Nigeria economy, resulting in cost escalation of construction materials and equipments and untimely completion of projects making it necessary to employ the use of project management. Clients are becoming more certain in their requirement, they demand for timely completion of the project as well as keeping the project cost within budget so as to obtain good value for their money. David (2006).
1.4 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
To investigate the extent of adoption of project management practices in the Nigerian construction industry.
To identify the project management practice in the Nigerian construction industry.
To determine the extent of adoption of project management practice in the Nigerian construction industry.
To establish if there is a barrier in adoption of project management practice.
This research work is carried out in construction firms that practice project management within the period of 2010 to 2015. And the research will be centered to the Federal Capital Territory Abuja.
The researcher, no doubt undergoes some difficulties in carrying out this research work. difficulties of access to vital information which was treated by the staff of the organization as confidential.
Some documents containing informations which may be vital to the research work was withheld by the staff of the organization. Thereby making it difficult to access them.
Procedures for storing information in some organization, serves also as limiting factors due to increase in obtaining them.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECTS OF PRICE ON THE CONSUMPTION OF FAST MOVING CONSUMER GOODS: A CASE STUDY OF NIBBLES KITCHEN AND RESTAURANT KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Price is payment or compensation given by one party to another in return for goods or services. I...Continue Reading »
3. OPERATIONALIZING INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL OF PROFIT MAXIMIZATION IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, ABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Inventory, in most of the industries, accounts for the broad proportion of gross working capital....Continue Reading »
4. EVALUATION OF CAPITAL BUDGETING AS A TOOL USED BY MANAGEMENT IN DECISION MAKING OF MANUFACTURING COMPANIES WITH REGARDS TO 7UP BOTTLING COMPANIES OF N...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Capital budgeting is the process by which firms determine how to invest their capital. Included i...Continue Reading »
» Cover Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi List of Figures viii List of Abbreviation ix Abstra...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Secretaries are not born but made, although there are people with the potentiality of becoming go...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on challenges facing small scale hotel in Lagos. The total population for the study is 200 staff of selected hotel in Lagos. Th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study One of the fundamental responsibilities of procurement function in an organization is source selec...Continue Reading »
9. AN APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» ABSTRACT The research provides an appraisal of the role of working capital management on the performance of the organization. It analyses the concept ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work on the impact of training and development of human resource as a critical factor in banking sector a case study of First b...Continue Reading »