Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Oparah (2003) described a computer as an electronic device that is capable of solving problems by accepting data, performing prescribed operating on the data accepted and supplying the results of those operations. In other words, computer is an electronic device, which can accept data, process the data and produce results / information automatically under program control.
Eyitayo, et al (2007), described computer as any machine or device which, under the control of a stored program, can accept data in a prescribed from, process the data and supply the results as information in a specified form.
Ahukannah (2003) stated that the computer is now doing the function of manual and electronic typewriters and other official work much better. Therefore, an office that has a computer it has no need for a manual or electronic type writer and other official works under normal circumstances.
Ohakwe (2002) advised that attempt should be made to look at the office. Furthermore, the secretary’s works dynamics environment packed full with conflicting situations and instruction so much that no two days are exactly the same. The conflicting decisions and instruction crop up all the time demand or needs prompt attention and decision secretary is a vital person in the administrative machinery that working with an out-modeled and un-serviced computers can make the job unattractive and the secretary unproductive and inefficient. It is hoped that at the end of the this study, it will provide or identify the problems encountered by secretaries in operating computers.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Although the main purpose of computerization is to increase office productivity and quality of products, these significant transformations may involve an element of risj to the secretary as well as effecting her performance. The secretary has to be aware and prepared for these. Ahukannah (2000) stated that the cause of one of the problem militating against automation of office, many firms that could use automated system effectively may not have the resources that mach their demands. Inadequate training and skills requirement is another problem associated functions well in environment where electricity supply is constant. Generators ought to be provided but the cost is much and not every organization that are willing or desire can afford the amount for it. Due to availability of various types and models of computer in the market, one finds it difficult to make a choice. One of the factors in choosing computer is the type of work for which it is needed for.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The major purpose of this study is to identify the difficulties encountered by secretaries in operating computer. Specifically, the study attempt to.
1) Identify the problem of inadequate training and skills required in computer operation.
2) Identify and examine the problem of power supply.
3) Identify the problem of lack of knowledge of the computer.
4) Find out if there are difficulties in the carrying out routine maintenance.
5) Determine the difficulties in connecting the part of the computers.
6) Evaluate problem in controlling and managing viruses in the computer
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research question are:
1) What are the training skill required in computer operations.
2) What are the problem of power supply.
3) What is the knowledge required by secretaries in the computer.
4) What are the difficulties for the secretaries in carrying out routine maintenance.
5) What are the difficulties in controlling and managing viruses in the computer.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The result of this study will help all student secretaries to identify some problem facing them in handing computers. It will also explain how important secretaries are in an organization and also that many unique things secretaries, that is, their strongly believed that after going through this study, it will serve as a useful tool as it will be informative and educative to prospective students secretaries and all practicing secretaries at large.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY.
This study tends to look at the difficulties encountered be secretaries in operating a compute and also fine the necessary solution to the problem so far.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The research investigated how policy measures of Nigerian Ports Authority contribute to the attainment of its corporate goals and objectives....Continue Reading »
2. PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT IN BREWERY INDUSTRIES (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Production is the creation of goods and services, the goods and services can be produced in facto...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study Motivation and the productivity of office professional can best be talked about when motivation i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This research paper was conducted on the assessment of the inventory control and management syste...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT ON ORGANIZATION EFFECTIVENESS ( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION LO BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Conflict is an inevitable element of any labour management relationship. In work situation people ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the role of commercial banks in Agricultural development in Nigeria, spanning from 1986 2010. The study used Ordinary Leas...Continue Reading »
7. CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND COMPANY PERFORMANCE IN THE NIGERIAN FOOD AND BEVERAGES INDUSTRY» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCITON 1.1 Background of the Study It is observable that a number of organizations are excellent at appearing or pretending to care fo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Thisresearchstudyisaneffortinlinewiththeresearchersin communication toexplorethe magnitude and effect of public relations in management of ho...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Essay This essay is aimed at establishing the importance of production planning and inventory control i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Management is an important process that ensure the existence of an organization and the achieveme...Continue Reading »