Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
According to Ohakwe (2011). The term
secretary is derived from the Latin word Secenere meaning ’’to distinguish or
to set apart.
A Secretary handles the confidential information of any organization. A Secretary provides the administrative support to senior level professional commonly called ’’Executive Assistant’’ This individual performs a variety of clerical operations and sometimes personal task aimed at ensuring that organization runs in an efficient and organized manner .
In addition, it is not uncommon for employers to prefer to hire candidate who possess a college degree. Although, these has been traditionally viewed as an entry level for the occupation. The roles of secretary is extremely challenging, the need to be technically proficient is important because, office automation has moved from mechanization to electronic form. Secretary are expected to handle programs such as word processor, spreadsheet, database, desktop publisher, internet software package, computer file manager, presentation, financial system, internet publisher, which aimed at ensuring speed and accurate task performance.
Also, he/she must be able to properly use host office machines including photocopiers, fax machine, and multiline telephones. The Secretary is often seen as an image maker, public relation personnel, information processor and indispensible personnel in the organization. He/she is often regarded as the clearing house through which various project undertake. As a result, the challenge of staying organize and on top of everything is required of him everyday Ohakwe (2012).
Earlier, the role of office manager was limited in taking notes from their bosses. However, with the advent of technology in companies and offices, these duties have extended to things that were meant for the professional managers. Nowadays, employer prefer candidate who at least have a college degree. One can also enrol for specialize courses that train people to carry out their duties effectively. Though, the role of secretary profile is generally the same in any organization. In an attempt to write on the contributions of office Managers in achieving success at work, one shall attempt in this presentation to x-ray the contribution of office manager in achieving success at work through a simple but pragmatic SWOTT Analysis, where ‘S’ stand for strength,' W' for weakness, ‘O’ for opportunities 'T' for threat, and the last 'T' for trends. A curious mind at this juncture may ask who a Secretary is.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Over the year, there has been serious misconception about office manager by the public and others who are not in the profession sometimes look down on them as secretary assistant 2 (typist and stenographer) who wait and work according to the various wishes of their bosses. Others look at them as subordinate who cannot actually act even when there is need for them to do so unless with authority from their superior. All these have been the limitation or problems facing them, people take them as the inferior ones in an organization because they can never be the boss in an organization no matter their level. In the 21st century labour market, the secretary must of a necessity go beyond what is normally regarded as her duties event into the personal affairs of her boss. For instant, going to bank to withdraw money for boss, serving tea, assisting the chairman on any point and supplying explanation when necessary, getting information from files, sweeping the office if the cleaner is not around and. All these have been the problem facing the office managers.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
objectives of this study is aimed at finding out the contributions of office
manager towards the achievement of organizational goals
Moreover, it also extend at
1. Investigating whether office managers are needed than their counterpart and whether the remuneration is commensurable with their duties.
2. To know the level of contribution of office managers in organization.
3. To know how their contribution have affected the productivity of the organization.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: office manager’s contribution has not affected the productivity of the organization.
H1: office manager’s contribution has affected the productivity of the organization
H02:office managers are not needed than their counterpart with their duties
H2:office managers areneeded than their counterpart with their duties
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The finding of this study will be of great help to many
people. Student in the secretarial professions will be exposing to the actual
place of the secretary in the 21st century labour market and her perceived
The finding of this study will also correct the misconception on the part of the public who regard office manager as a main typist or stenographer. It will also give the undergraduate office managers an insight into what their prospects will be on the completion of their course. It will expose the worth of office managers in the business world.
Moreover, the research work will help bosses to determine the quality and output of those they have as employer. It will also enable them to know the important of motivation and commensurate benefits of office managers.Finally, the finding will ensure uniformity in grading workers according to the qualification and merits if implemented
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is on the contributions of office managers in some
selected business organization. It is restricted to the office managers only
for the purpose of thorough study, using EEDC as case study which is now
privately owed. It is hoped that whatever results obtained would be assumed to
be applicable generally. Despite the limitation scope of this study, certain
constraints are encountered during the research of this project.
Some of the constraint experiences are:
1) Time: The was a major constraint on the researcher during the period of the work considering the limited time given for this study, there was no much time to give this research the needed attention.
2) Finance: Owing to the financial difficulty prevalent in the country and its resultant rise in price of commodities, transportation fares, research material etc it is not easy meeting all the financial obligation.
3) Information Constraint: Nigeria researcher has never had it easy when it comes to obtaining necessary information relevant to their area of study from private businesses. EEDC find it difficult to reveal their internal operations. The primary information was gathered through face to face interview. Getting the published material on this topic means going from one library to other which was not easy.
Although, these problem placed limitations on the study, but it did not prevent me from carrying out a detail and comprehensive research work on the subject matter.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CONTRIBUTION: A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
OFFICE MANAGER: Office Manager Job Duties: Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
ACHIEVEMENT:A thing done successfully with effort, skill, or courage.
ORGANIZATION: An organization or organization is an entity comprising multiple people, such as an institution or an association that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment.
GOAL:A goal is a desired result or possible outcome that a person or a system envisions, plans and commits to achieve: a personal or organizational desired end-point in some sort of assumed developments
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE PERFORMANCE OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study When scholars first introduced the word “inventory”, they use the word stocks that are kept on st...Continue Reading »
2. MATERIALS MANAGEMENT IN A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY PLC, ILORIN PLANT, KWARA STATE)» ABSTRACT Past studies have shown that the poor performance of many firms in Nigeria is due to their inability to manage the relationship between suppl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Work life balance describes the relationship between your work and the commitments in the rest of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Safety naturally has to do with the provision of safe and accident free working environment for e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work focuses on effects of organization structure on employees’ performance (a case study of First Bank Plc.). The object...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The A few years ago the concept of training and employee development was very equally understood ...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT ON MANPOWER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT (A Case Study of National Television Authority)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Manpower Training is very vital for any development of any Organization. Why some organizations t...Continue Reading »
8. SERVICE QUALITY OF AIRLINES AND CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ARIK AIR CONTRACTORS)» ABSTRACT The study examined how service quality of airlines and customers satisfaction in Nigeria with a particular interest on Arik air contractors a...Continue Reading »
9. INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM) IN THE NIGERIAN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The management of construction projects requires knowledge of modem management as well as an unde...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Working capital management involves not only the management of current assets but also the manage...Continue Reading »