Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Market segmentation is a vital issue in marketing strategy.
Therefore, marketing segmentation is the sub-dividing of a market into district subset of customers where any subsets may conceivably be selected as a target to be reaching with a district marketing mix.
Kotler (2008) opines that market is a place or a geographical area where buyers and sellers meet and function, goods and services are offered for sale and transfer of ownership of title occur.
The aggregate market is so huge that any single market needs to capture only a small portion of it to be very successful hence, the strategy employed.
Limsitursti (2009) define marketing strategy can be viewed as the techniques, styles and way that a distributing, developing and selling of their products in order to attract the attention of its customers.
It is interesting to note that, each major variable, for the entire firm’s offering requires careful research and studying before short and long term marketing plans can be evaluated. Therefore, the needs for this study goes a long way in re-organization that people as buyers and customers differ in their need, taste, family and cultural background, motivation lifestyle, and attitude towards products and purchases.
It is relevance to the present time in that, this set of buyers should process distinguishing characteristics so that they may be used as marketing targets product are positioned to meet segment customer need, and a marketing mix appropriate to a particular segment may selected . Kotler (2008) in his view, market segmentation offers an efficient way for marketers to plan for attaining the desire goals and set objectives.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
One of the obstacles that often lead to businesses failure is the inability of some marketing executives to formulate, plan their strategies, they operate without taking into cognizance the factors or the element both internal and external to the forms which they operate. This research work is primarily concerned with studying marketing company has given and how market are been segmented in order to improve. Its operational performance thereby providing the consumers with adequate products as to how, where, what or getting them.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The importance of market segmentation in any business organization cannot be over emphasized. Every business organization is faced with the impact of selecting a suitable market of that will be follows to entire effective marketing penetration.
The following are the objectives of this study
a. To determine the most effective segmentation strategies to used in an organization
b. To identify the requirements for effective market segmentation
c. To establish the bases of segmenting a answer market.
d. To identify what the requirements and what customers wants in each market for its uses.
e. To determine the benefits of market segmentation to the consumers and the organization at large.
f. To solve the problems of segmenting a market
1.4 STATEMENT OF THE HYPOTHESIS
The following hypothesis was formulated for this project work.
Ho: that, the impact of market segmentation does not affect the overall performance of an organization.
Hi: that the impact of market segmentation has a greater advantage on the overall performance of an organization.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would serve as first hand information to those in production department of the relevance of segmenting a market for their various users of their product.
The relational of every organization is to maximize profit and satisfying consumers through the society.
Market segmentation will serve as eye openers to those in the marketing field of identify their potential consumers at wherever they reside.
This study will guide and instruct consumers of what and how they produce their products and where they can meet them.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is narrowed to segmenting of consumers market on which emphasis is placed on a contemporary market and consumer market. This will also covers those in marketing department in the organization used as a case study.
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
During the course of this study, there were some problems encountered which stood as limitations to the research work.
Time is a very important factor in our day activities in that it waits for no one. Therefore, the little time space available for the researcher to carry out this study was a limitation to the study.
Due to this subject matter, all photocopies, typing, transportation to keep this study is constraint but it did the little possible with the available money.
When gathering and collating the questionnaires, some respondents filled the form correctly while other damaged it due to negligence, some are unwilling to co-operate with the researcher.
My supervisor, being loaded with work apart from supervising this project work and the task of administrating the department, may not always be at my disposal due to her work.
1.8 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE CASE STUDY
United wire production limited, Kaduna is Liability Company.
The company was incorporated in March 1977, and started commercial production in October 1979, and has been in full products since January, 1980.
United wire products limited in currently set up to produce different sizes of wire, Nail, Barbed wire chain link fencing wire.
In 1981-82 the company underwent an expansion exercise involving the introduction of two new product lines soft building wire welding electrodes. it is the only company in the northern states producing welding electrodes. In 1985, a Gal vanishing plant was added to the product line of the company. The company at that time was first to manufacture Galvanized wire which is a raw material required for the production of barbed wire, chain link fencing wire and galvanized welded mesh. The successes recorded above have not only made the company the leading wire manufactures in other states but also one of the leading in the country as a whole.
The request for the setting up of united wire products limited was made by a delegation form international wire corporation which has its registered office at panama, with the co-operation of northern Nigeria investments limited, Kaduna, 3 other Nigeria were initiated to form the shareholder of the company.
The initial paid up share capital of the company was N600, 000 which was held as follows: N
a. International wire co-operation 24, 000
b. Northern Nig. Investments Ltd 180, 000
c. Balm Holding Ltd 100, 000
d. Alh. D.H. Abdu 40, 000
e. Alh. Sani Bakori 40, 000
Total 600, 000
The composition of the above holding could be diagrammatically represented thus:
The company’s present manufacturing facilities consist of the following:
- Complex wire during plant with automatic cooling devices.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CO-OPERATIVE AID TO WOMEN EMPOWERMENT IN ABIA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF BENDE LGA)» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY History has shown that development can occur only when every member that constitutes the society participates in i...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 96 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
2. IMPACT OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) ON STAFF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT IN JOHN HARRIS LIBRARY IN UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, EDO STATE, NIGER...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study Information and Communication Technology (ICT) refers to technologies that provide access to informat...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 59 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
3. IMPACT OF STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ON SMALL SCALE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF ASSUR ELECTRONICS, UYO)» ABSTRACT This study attempts to determine the Impact of Strategic Management on Small scale Business development. A survey research was conducted and ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 68 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
4. THE EFFECT OF GOOD COMMUNICATION ON MINUTES WRITING AND PRODUCTION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION Production transact business through communication to both within and outside their area of operation. The b...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 46 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
5. IMPACT OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT ON CUSTOMERS' SATISFACTION AND BANK PROFITABILITY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It was believed that a nation’s economy is at its financial system. The banking industry pe...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 61 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
6. DEVELOPING AN ENTREPRENEURIAL ORGANISATION; A DRIVE FOR NATION BUILDING» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Pinchot (1984) defined intrapreneurs as "dreamers who do. Those who take hands on responsibility ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
7. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT AND PERFORMANCE OF THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY IN RWANDA» ABSTRACT The construction project is a complex and challenging process that may present many risks on different levels. That process calls upon the go...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 62 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
8. STUDENTS MAKING A CAREER IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT IN GHANA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Generally, factors that influence one’s career choice are either intrinsic or extrinsic and...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 50 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
9. IMPACT OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT PRACTICES ON CUSTOMER RETENTION AND SATISFACTION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Total quality management practice is a firm wide management philosophy of continuously improving ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 69 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
10. EVALUATION OF CONSUMER PATRONAGE OF CONSUMER COOPERATIVE STORES IN ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT The research focuses on evaluating consumers Patronage of Consumer Cooperative Stores. A cross sectional survey of two hundred (200) members ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 113 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT