Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 66 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF STUDY
One of the major objectives of most business firms, individuals and government agencies in installation of computer is to assist them in data processing, counting, information storage and to eliminate manual interference between data, input, information and output. In the past, counting and other simple arithmetical operations were performed by the use of parts of the human body such as the fingers and toes. Also used were objects like stones, sticks and drawing lines and works on the surfaces.
However, when the volume of data to be processed increased and also to need for faster processing and more accurate results become imperative, then aids or tools to be used for computing because necessary, hence the need for mechanically processing equipment, otherwise known as computers.
The earliest mechanical and to calculation used in China and other parts of the world e.g ABACUS or BEAD FRAME was crude, time – consuming and to worsen the situation. It was only used to perform arithmetical operations. To overcome the limitations of ABACUS, it was still necessary to carryout research on the improvement of the equipment and to invent a more sophisticated one that will not only solve the problem of country, but also produce an accurate results in data processing, business and management information for decision making that will be utilized in all sectors of any economy. With above in mind, computer came into being
The emergence of computer and also its application to various sectors of the economy may not come without problems. Actually the usefulness of computerization cannot be over emphasized especially to execute office functions. At nonetheless there are some problems to be encountered by firms, and government agencies that may wish to computerize their office function.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS:-
It has been know and recognized hat some of the problems of computerization of office functions range from lack of qualified staff to manage the computers and inadequate electricity to the displacement of manual work, this creating unemployment, embezzlement of public fund and computer robbing.
Decisions affecting computerization of office functions are I theoretical by an obvious fact and subjective judgment of most firms, individuals and government agencies.
The chief executive of a firm or government may have some of needs that may require the installation of computer system in such organization but such need may only be part or an aspect of the entire need of the firm of organization. On the other hand there may be other benefits the firm’s may be exposed to if it falls to computerize the office functions.
On this note, therefore the problems are to identify the difficulties many firms, individuals and government agencies find themselves for having computerized their office functions. I t equally expected that this study will go long way to establish or identify the relationship between computerization of office functions and the functions and the overall performance of the organization with respect to efficiency productivity and employment of both human and material resources.
PURPOSE OF STUDY:
This study attempts to investigation to the following points
1 To enhance the extent to which computerization reduced the cost of business services.
2 To know the extent had computerization had led to efficient information storage.
3. To know how computerization of office function can reduce the time wastage for customers.
4. Has computerization help in office function.
5. Also to know how workers use to consider computerization services.
How does the development of computer reduce the cost o f office services?
2.To what extent has computerization led to loss of job and Dehumanization in your organization?
do you believe that of office functions reduce the timw wastage for customer’s satisfactions
4. How workers use to consider computerization services in the organization?
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY:
Computerization is very important for the development of our business organizations.
The study of the effects if computerization of office function in selected organization in Aguata L.G.A is importance in the following ways:
1. The study would help to discover the factors militating against computerization of office function.
2. It would also enable the researcher suggest appropriate way of improving computerization of organizations in Selected business Organization in Aguata Local Government Area.
3. It would as well acquaint the managers of business organizations with the knowledge of the sources of problems these figure head in business organization will able to design measure which will ensure greater efficiency in the execution of their duties so that maximum results are realizes at the end.
DEFINITION OF TERMS:
Software: a diskette/drive flash used in storing information.
Hardware: The machine that process the information stored in the software system. A combination of eliminates, their attributes and interrelationships.
Third Party Application: This is a program already made to fit the computer.
Turnkey system: A combination of hardware and software which is required to meet a particular business need.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTS OF BUREAUCRATIC BOTTLENECK ON PERFORMANCE OF IMO STATE PUBLIC SERVICE CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION» ABSTRACT Bureaucracy is an element of administration, so interlocked that government parastatals especially complex organizations applies it for effic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The ideal situation for inspection is of course one in which no inspection is necessary. This is b...Continue Reading »
3. PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AS A MANAGERIAL TOOL FOR EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» ABSTRACT This research was on Performance Appraisal as a Managerial Tool for Employee Performance (A study of University of Uyo, Uyo). The objectives ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Electronic procurement (e procurement) has been labelled as a tool that can improve competence an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The place and value of manpower planning as a resource for organizational productivity and success cannot be o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study The Nigeria economy got in power till 1986 a highly regulated economy with local, state and federa...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT ON ORGANIZATION EFFECTIVENESS ( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION LO BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Conflict is an inevitable element of any labour management relationship. In work situation people ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study theNigeria as an independent nation was characterized by good governance and the principle of sus...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work assessed deposit money banks and the growth of small scale enterprise. The objectives of this study is to examine the effi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The web star dictionary defines fraud as “an intentional deception to cause a person to giv...Continue Reading »