Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 48 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Small scale business constitute an important component of the Nigerian industrial sector. The importance of this sector cannot be over emphasized, especially in a typical developing country like ours where the level of youth unemployment is rising beyond control. Hence small scale industries generate employment opportunities per unit of capital investment because they are generally more labour intensive which are more capital in nature. A large scale industry that cost N20million for instance, may employ a mere 70 (seventy) workers or less. Where as a small scale industry that cost just N150,000 (one hundred and fifty thousand naira) may employ about 20-30 workers.
Small scale business specialized in the production and marketing of various products and services ranging from food, beverages, drinks/sachet water, cosmetics, spare parts and many others.
Kilby (1969) acknowledge the diversity of terms of the degree of specialization and division of labour and the quantity of raw materials and output and the character of markets being served by small scale businesses. As a result the bulk of Nigerian business falls within the small scale business which account for over 80% of the number of enterprises in the country. (Ekunna 1992 Pg.160)
Several number of small scale business are successful while other fail or are staggering for survival due to poor background management, lack of qualified manpower, poor capital base, lack of marketing research and appropriate technology and credit rating among banks and other lenders. These problems continue to militate against the establishment, survival and growth of small scale business in Nigeria. Although successful government in Nigeria have been emphasizing on the importance of small scale business and have established institutional support agencies to facilitate industrialization.
However, small scale business still operate in uncertainty and are faced with serious obstacles, this raises the questions of whether the federal government is actually up to the responsibility in the promotion of small scale business in Nigeria.
1.1 OBJECTIVE OF THE ESSAY
The main objectives of this study is to evaluate the impact of federal government in the promotion of small scale business in Nigeria. This study will specially seek to achieve the following:
a. To evaluate the marketing challenges facing small scale businesses.
b. To identify the sources of funds to the activities of the industry.
c. To find out the extent of government involvement in promoting the activities of the business.
d. To bring to light the contribution of the industry to the development of national diploma in marketing.
Finally, it is my hope that the students of marketing and others in related discipline will find this study very informative and useful tool in their respective studies.
1.2 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
As the title of this essay indicates, the study focuses its attention to federal government support to small scale business enterprises in Nigeria, it causes various policy, guidelines, direct and indirect financial assistance and other programs and initiatives designed to promote this vital sector of the country.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE ESSAY
The significance of this study lies basically on its contribution to knowledge and its benefits to individual and organization. The current economic crises in Nigeria has deciminated the growth of infant industries and encourages the establishment of similar business venture in both small and large scale proportions.
Although successful governments have vowed to support individuals and group initiatives in the establishment of small scale businesses.
The current state of most small scale business in Nigeria is a far cry particularly when structural adjustment programme (SAP) was introduced, which brought about the problem of devaluation of the naira and the scarcity of foreign exchange of raw materials from abroad which has adversely affected production unit especially under a depressed economy.
This study is an attempt to evaluate the role of government in the promotion of small scale business in Nigeria as a country.
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
The following terms and abbreviations used in the extended essay are defined below:
a) (SSICS) Small Scale Industries Credit Scheme
(SME) Small and Medium Enterprises
(NIDB) Nigerian Industrial Development Bank
(NERFUND) National Economic Reconstruction Fund
(NDE) National Directorate of Employment
b) Small scale enterprise: Apart from size, it is a type of business that is self initiated, largely self financial, closely self managed and is of relatively small in size when considered as part of the industry.
c) Management: Is the part of loaning organizing, directing and motivating others so as to enhance productivity with maximum utilization of available resources and achieving the organizational goals or objectives.
d) Resources: These are the primary inputs that needs to be put together into function before the proper management activities really take place. These activities include; men, materials , money and machines.
Enterprises: This is one of the fundamental principles of management that is concerned with the division of labour and assigning of responsibilities with authority for the well being of business unit.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. APPRAISAL OF THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC ABA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Most managers of human resources have the view that the employees are the greatest asset of the o...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AS IT’S AFFECTS HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN BUSINESS RGANIZATION» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Organisation is made up of people who work towards the attainment of the goals of such organi...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION ON ENTREPRENEURIAL INTENION OF STUDENTS IN BAYERO UNIVERSITY KANO» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education is one of the vital aspects of the environment that needs to be understood if the indiv...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION OF THE STUDY 1.1 BACKGROUND Micro finance Bank (describe here as small scale financial services to claim that they are economically a...Continue Reading »
5. BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENTS’ ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS ACQUISITION AND THE ATTAINMENT OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN PORT HARCOURT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria, like any other developing country is highly sensitive to the need of providing vocationa...Continue Reading »
6. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING COMPUTER INSTRUCTION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EZZA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE.» Abstract This study was centered on strategies for improving computer instruction in secondary schools in Ezza South LGA of Ebonyi State. Computer is ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A budget is a comprehensive, formal plan that estimates the probable expenditures and revenues for an organization over a specific period. De...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Small and medium scale business constitutes the highest percentage of business establishments in the country both at the ...Continue Reading »
9. ENTREPRENEUR COMPETENCY REQUIRED BY BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENT IN ESTABLISHING SMALE SCALE VENTURES IN AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Entrepreneurship is now seen as an important component within contemporary economic development o...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF ENTREPRENEURIAL EDUCATION ON ENTREPRENEURIAL INTENTIONS AMONG UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY» ABSTRACT The general objective of this study is to determine the impact of entrepreneurial education, personal attitude, social norm and perceived beh...Continue Reading »