Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. Background to the Study
Human resource function becomes recognized as a central business concern sequel to its ability to integrate employee welfare and organizational objective and effective communication into strategic management. Human resource management seeks to eliminate the meditation role and adopts a generally unitarist perspective. It emphasizes strategy and planning rather than problem-solving and medication, so hat employee cooperation is delivered by programmes of corporate culture, remuneration, packaging, team building and management development for core employees, while peripheral employees are kept at arms length.
Human resource polices and practice are influenced by strategy and structure and by external factors such as trade unions, labour market situation and legal system. In reality most firms do not have such a well thought out sequential model in their human resource practices hence the role of human resource management in promoting industrial harmony in most organizations becomes vague. It is against this background that the researcher sees the subject matter: the role of human resource management in promoting industrial harmony in Nigeria Bottling Company Plc Kaduna, worthy being studied.
1.2 Statement of the problem
Productivity in most organisation have comparatively taken a nose dive sequel to frequent industrial conflict. As such many organisation has resorted to different means of resolving such conflict in the past but to know avail sequel to frequent agitation by worker for improved working condition and other workers interest and right. Hence optimal productivity has been hampared because of frequent industrial conflict as such many organisations has resorted to different means of resolving such because of it’s intended negative consequences such as down toll, which will affect sales, production decline, patronage and profit margin.
1.3 Objectives of the study
The central objective of the study is to examine the role of human resource management in promoting industrial harmony in Nigeria Bottling Company Plc Kaduna.
The specific objective are as follows::
i. to evaluate the function of human resource in promoting industrial harmony in Nigeria Bottling Company Kaduna.
ii. To examine the relationship that exist between management and employees of Nigeria Bottling Company Plc Kaduna.
iii. To identify how human resource management in Nigeria Bottling Company Plc Kaduna influence key decision and polices as it affect employees and their union.
iv. To examine the constraint militating against human resource management from achieving industrial harmony in Nigeria Bottling Company Plc Kaduna.
1.4 Research Questions
i. What are the functions of human resource in promoting industrial harmony in Nigeria Bottling Company Kaduna?
ii. What is the relationship that exist between management and employees of Nigeria Bottling Company Kaduna?
iii. How does human resource management in Nigeria Bottling Company Kaduna influence key decisions and polices as it affect employees and their union.
iv. What are the constraint militating against human resource management from achieving industrial harmony in Nigeria Bottling Company Kaduna
1.5 Significance of the study
The study will be beneficial to corporate organisation espeically NBC as they utilize the finding in policy formulation regarding conflict management in their organisation. The study will add to existing knowledge on conflict resolution and would be a useful reference materials to individuals, students as well as scholars who may wish to undertake a similar research.
Most importantly, the study will go a long way in putting unnecessary unrest in the corporate and will enhance productivity, peaceful co-existence between management and employee which will have positive impact on sales, profit, motivation and maximum enhancement of labour hours.
1.6 Scope of the study
The examine the role of human resource management in promoting industrial harmony in NBC. The study will equally identify the causes of conflict in achieving industrial harmony in Nigeria Bottling Company Kaduna and would profer solution to such problems. The study will cover a period from 2007-2011.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The study is limited to bias in respondent opinion about the subject matter as well as the use of a single study area and the uncertainly about the generalization of finding sequel to the use of a single research design as well as instrument. For the fact that only Nigeria Bottling Company Plc Kaduna was used as the sole area of study it is no certain if the same result would be obtained in other organization.
Respondent bias and nonchallant attitude also constitute a greater limitation to this research. For the fact that questionnaire constitute the only instrument use to collect data and survey research design the sole design used for the study. It is not certain if the same result will be used if other type of design as well as instrument were used. All these factor constitute a greater limitation to the research.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Human Resource: Also known as labour, is one of the key resources (man, capital, information, machine) used to effectively harness and transform organizational activities into goods and services.
Management: The co-ordination of human and material and other resources toward objective accomplishment. It is a process of planning, organizing and controlling activities of the sub-systems and relates them to the environment. It also refers to those individuals or groups who are responsible for promoting the goals of employers and their organizations.
Industrial Harmony: It is the ideal state of peace wherein workers engaged in production of goods and services feel content, thereby are propelled to give the best of their talents and talent potentials for the development and progress of the organization.
Industrial Relations: It is the interdisciplinary field of study that concentrates on individual workers, groups of workers and their unions and associations, employers and their organizations and environment in which these parties interact.
Collective Bargaining: It is machinery for setting conflict issues between employers (management representative) and employees (union). It examines and resolves differences between both parties in terms of benefits.
Productivity: It is the measure of the achievement of an enterprise when compared to its purpose, goals and objectives within a specified period of time. In economics, it is defined as a measure of the relationship between the output and the input in the production process.
Union: An employee organization that has the main goal of representing members in employee-management bargaining over job related issues
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION 1.1 Background of the Study In order to get a clear picture of the subject matter it is imperative to defined cooperative. ICA...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTS OF SALARY INCREMENT ON EMPLOYEES MOTIVATION AND TURNOVER (A CASE STUDY OF GOMBE LOCAL GOVERNMENT) ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In every organization, large or small, private or public enterprises, human resources are always ...Continue Reading »
3. ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS REQUIRED BY AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION STUDENTS FOR ENTRY INTO OIL PALM PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE IN EBONYI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Oil palm production has various enterprises that require activities of an entrepreneur. An entreprene...Continue Reading »
4. AN EVALUATION OF PRIVATIZATION PROGRAMME AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOLS FOR ENHANCING PRODUCTIVITY PUBLIC ENTERPRISE IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Privatization of state owned enterprises (SOEs) has become a key component of the structural refo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study seeks to examine Industrial relations in Enugu state PHCN hence it examines the relations between the management and the informal ...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION ON CONSUMER BUYING BEHAVIOUR (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY N.B.C PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Most often marketing is associated with efforts of business firms selling their goods and services however, also many peo...Continue Reading »
7. LEADERSHIP AND MOTIVATION AS ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR ORGANISATIONAL GROWTH AND EXPANSION ( A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK PLC, ABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The most important human activity is leadership questions and motivation, ever since people began...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION One of the major problems confronting management today is that of motivating to perform assigned task to meet or surpasses...Continue Reading »
9. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AND ITS EFFECT ON WORKERS PERFORMANCE IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The organization structure is the basic framework within which the executive decision making beha...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT OF AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF ETIM EKPO LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT The study examined the role of local government in rural development in Akwa Ibom State with particular reference to Etim Ekpo Local Governme...Continue Reading »