Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of study
Leadership can be seen as the process of leading different people of different characters in order to achieve a set goal. Also it can be seen as a way of leading people into the right track of achieving or actualizing of set goals either to the organization or to themselves or even to the society.
The leadership style of a manager in an organization is use to determine the progress of the organization either it will fall or rise.
Managers are expected to be of good conduct to enable the staff or subordinate to be effective and diligent to their work. In order for an organization to be effective, the leadership styles of the manager in the organization has to go through the various concept of leadership of or leadership in order to manage the changes of leadership in the society and the organization.
The term “Leadership” in sense resembles the concept of love. It is something most people feel they can recognize but find difficult to define.
Therefore, the purpose of this word leadership is the ability of a person in a group to persuade, inspire or influence the attitudes, behaviors and actions of others or the activity of the organized group so that the group members can work co-operatively and enthusiastically towards goal achievement. Peretomode V.F. and Peretomode O. (2001).
As Davis Lamb, Mckee (2004) points out, leadership is the human factor, which binds a group together, and it also motivates the group toward goals. They found that trust and confidence in top leadership was the single most reliable predictor of employee satisfaction in an organization.
Due to the fact that we are humans we cannot be experts in leading, many people who consider themselves experts on leadership end with nothing.
Leadership is not about changing the mindset of the group but is the cultivation of an environment that brings out the best and inspires the individuals in that group.
1.2 Statement of Problem
The leadership style of managers in organization has unfortunately made many individuals make strong assertions about leadership without even understanding the great deal about leadership.
This research topic seeks to find out the various leadership styles which managers can apply and the extent to which the managers make use of them in the attainment of their organization goals
1.3 Research Questions
The following research questions are developed to guide the study.
1. What leadership style should the managers be trained on to bring about effectiveness?
2. Are the training methods made for public sector managers and private sector managers the same?
3. Does the training affect the leadership style adopted by managers?
4. Is there a relationship between leadership style and organizational growth?
5. Do managers relate well with their subordinate?
1.4 Purpose of study
The purpose of this study is to
1. Ascertain if the leadership styles of the managers have a positive effect on the organization.
2. Ascertain if the relationship between manager and subordinates affects production.
1.5 Significant of study
This study is significant in a number of ways. It will contribute to the area of the effective use of leadership style in achieving set goals of the organization, empower the managers in various organizations. It will contribute to the body of theoretical literature in the area of using the leadership styles effectively towards achieving the set goals of the organization. These findings will assist various organizations either private or pubic to bring about more enhancements to the managers of the organization.
1.6 Scope and delimitation
The study is limited to the organizations in Asaba metropolis of Delta State. It will focus on the managers leadership style and if used effectively in the organization.
1.7 Definition of terms
1. Leadership: According to the oxford dictionary, leadership is the state or position of being a leader. Also it is the ability to be a leader or the qualities a good leader should have. It can also be a group of leaders of a particular organization.
2. Managers: According to oxford dictionary sees a manager as a person running a business, a shop/office etc also a manger is a person who deals with the business affairs of an organization. Thirdly, it can be said that a manger is a person who trains and organize people or groups.
3. Organization: According to oxford dictionary it defines organization as a group of people who form a business, club etc together in order to achieve a particular aim or goals.
4. Styles: Can be said to be attitudes or characters or ways a person behave or treats his subordinate or the people around him.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM ON THE DECISION MAKING OF ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT, UYO, AKWA IBOM STA...» ABSTRACT This work aims to explore specific aspects of ideophone in Obolo and that aspects are nominal and adverbial ideophone. With Obolo language we...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION ON CONSUMER BUYING BEHAVIOUR (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY N.B.C PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Most often marketing is associated with efforts of business firms selling their goods and services however, also many peo...Continue Reading »
3. PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN GOVERNMENT OWNED ESTABLISHMENT (CASE STUDY OF ANAMBRA BROADCASTING SERVICE ABS AWKA)» ABSTRACT THIS WORK HAS THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF STUDYING THE VARIOUS PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN GOVERNMENT OWNED ESTABLISHMENT A CASE S...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION For both developing and developed countries, small and medium scale firms play important roles in the process of industrial...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF COMMUNICATION IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF COCA-COLA NIGERIA COMPANY, UGHELLI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Research has shown a continue interest in the study of organizational goal attainment especially when...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Production is one of the most important function of management in every organization. The essence of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The concept of marketing orientation was developed in the 1960s and early 1970s at HavardUniversi...Continue Reading »
8. PERCEIVED FACTORS THAT AFFECT EMPLOYEES’ PRODUCTIVITY WITHIN REDEEMED INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT AGENCY» ABSTRACTThe objective of this research project was to establish the perceived factors that affect employees’ productivity within Redeemed Integrated...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study There are evidence to suggest that in many countries there has been an increase in the rise of na...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Event management is an exciting and growing industry, as well as a unique career opportunity for ...Continue Reading »