Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
In order to address the problem of poverty and promote sustainable development, the Unified Nations Millennium Declaration was adopted in September 2000 at the largest ever gathering of head of states committing countries both rich and poor to do all they can to eradicate poverty, promote human dignity and equality, achieve peace, democracy and environmental stability, the goals include those dedicated to eradicating poverty, achieving universal primary education, promote gender equality and empowering women, reducing child mortality, improving material health, combating HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases ensuring environmental sustainability and developing a global partnership for development.
However, several surveys indicate that there are limitations of utilizing the MDG as a framework for delivering development, hence it becomes imperative to conduct an empirical investigation on the subject matter. This is owing to the controversy surrounding whether Nigeria can meet the MDG goals before 2015. According to MDG (2004) report “based on available information it is unlikely that the country will be able to meet most of the goals by 2015 especially the goals related to eradicating extreme poverty
And hunger, educing child and maternal mortality and combating HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases”. It further stated that “for most of the other goals (i.e. apart from goals) up-to-date data exists which shows that if the current trend continues, it will be difficult for the country to achieve the MDG targets by 2015”. It is against this background that the research sees the subject matter as an issue worthy of empirical investigation.
1.2 Statement of problem
The Millennium Development Goals provides a platform to engage the development process in Nigeria and indeed the world at large. But in spite but this veritable potential of (MDGs) in enhancing development, there are limitations to utilizing the Millennium Development Goals as a framework for delivering or measuring development. This is sequel to the situation in Nigeria which indicates that there are challenges in meeting the goals by 2015. this is contained in the 2004 report which was Nigeria’s first report on the (MGD’s), which states that “based on available information, it is unlikely that the country will be able to meet most of the goals by 2015, especially the goals relating to eradicating extreme poverty and hunger, reducing child and maternal mortality and combating HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases”. As such doubt is expressed about the viability of millennium development goals in rural areas. Hence the need to study the subject matter. The impact of Millennium Development Goals on the standard of living of rural dwellers.
1.3 Objectives of the study
The central objective of the study is to examine the impact of Millennium Development Goals (MDG’s) on the standard of living of rural dwellers in Lere Local Government Area. The specific objectives are:
i. To examine the goals of MDG and its effect on the lives of rural dwellers in Lere L.G.A
ii. To examine the strategy used in achieving Millennium Development goals in Lere L.G.A
iii. To identify the problems militating against Millennium Development goals in Lere L.G.A
iv. To proffer workable solutions to the identified problems of Millennium Development Goals in Lere L.G.A
1.4 Significance of the study
The study will be beneficial to all stakeholders of Millennium Development Goals, especially as they utilize the findings of this research in evaluating the performance of Millennium development Goals in rural areas. The study will also contribute to existing the existing knowledge on Millennium Development Goals. It is also worthy to note that the study will be a good reference material to the General Public as well as students who may wish to make further research on the subject matter as they can use this research as a springboard to carryout their own research work..
1.5 Research Questions:
I. What are the goals of MGD and how does it affect the lives of rural dwellers in lere L. G. A?
ii. What are the strategies used in achieving Millennium Development Goals in Lere L.G.A?
iii. What are the problems militating against the success of Millennium Development Goals in Lere L.G.A?
iv. What are the solutions to the identified problems of Millennium Development Goals in Lere L.G.A?
1.6 Scope of the Study
The study covers an empirical examination of the impact of Millennium Development Goals on the standards of living of the rural dwellers. To this end, empirical data will be obtained from Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The study equally examine the goals of MDG and how it affects the lives of rural dwellers as well as the strategy and problems militating against the success of MDG in Lere L. G.A. The study covers a time from 2004-2011.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The study is limited to Lere Local Government Area Kaduna State for the fact that the study is limited to Lere Local Government it will be difficult to generalize the findings on other rural areas in Nigeria. For the fact that a survey method was used as the research design as well as questionnaire as the research instrument, it is not really certain if the same result would be achieved if other designs and instruments like export as well as interview schedule can yield the same results. Besides, another limitation is that the respondents could have either over-exaggerated or understated their responses while scoring the items in the questionnaire. Also the nonchalant attitude of some respondents could affect the validity of their responses to the questionnaire. These limitations should be taken cognizance of by other researchers conducting similar studies.
1.8 Definition of Terms
MDG: This is an acronym for Millennium Development Goals.
MDG Strategies: Ways of achieving Millennium Development Goals.
Rural Areas: Countryside communities.
RBM: Acronym for roll back malaria imitative of MDG.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The aim of the study was to establish the impact of performance appraisal on employee motivation at the Ministry of East Africa Community, La...Continue Reading »
2. MATERIALS MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: A STUDY OF SELECTED TELECOMMUNICATION FIRMS IN DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT A.J Ayer a logical positivist and indeed at all his fellow logical positivists were moved by the achievements and clarities in science and as...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The recent global crisis in the world has brought to the fore the need to note that this overdepe...Continue Reading »
4. A STUDY INTO BUDGET, AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AND ITS LINK TO ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF MERCHANT BANK KORIDUA BRANCH)» INTRODUCTION Following the uncertainties prevailing in the Ghanaian business environment today, managers and stakeholders must be poised and prepared ...Continue Reading »
5. WORK STRESS, JOB SATISFACTION AND TEACHERS’ TURNOVER INTENTION IN ZARIA METROPOLIS: THE MODERATING ROLE OF SELF EFFICACY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Teachers play a vital role in the society. Their impact are felt by the lives of all children fro...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF JOB SATISFACTION ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC, AKPAKPAVA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Poverty is one of the intractable problems facing mankind today. In 1995, an estimated 1.3 billio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY INTRODUCTION Banking Industry has to be good at developing new products. It must also manage them in the face ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study is aimed at examining the effects of flooding on residential properties in Calabar South Local government Area of Cross River State...Continue Reading »
9. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF BRITISH-CURRICULUM ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The deplorable state of public schools in Nigeria has given rise to the preference for private ed...Continue Reading »
10. THE USE OF LOCAL PIGMENTS AND EXTENDERS FOR FORMULATION & PRODUCTION OF EMULSION PAINT LETTER OF TRANSMITAL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Paint is a fluid, or semi fluid material which may be applied to surfaces in relatively thin layers, and which changes to a s...Continue Reading »