Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The effect of internal control on prevention of fraud in manufacturing company cannot be over emphasized as each case of fraud has its devastating effect on not only manufacturing companies but also the national economy at large. Fraud has racked the economy of this nation, it is now a generally accepted fact that the problem of managing the economy now depends on the ability of the manager to keep this fraud at a distance, if they must succeed.
The Nigerian economy due to persistence of fraud and mismanagement has been plunged into debt crisis which a part of wider crisis of accumulation which has already resulted in a market deterioration in the aggregate performance of the production sector of the economy, a balance of payment. The collapse of social infrastructure, and escalating level of inflation and acute shortage of basic consumer goods, decline drastically the standard of living and external assets. Fraud therefore constitutes a major havoc in any organization or establishment.
It is therefore imperative that manufacturing companies or industries should make concerted efforts to prevent the incidence of fraud and put in adequate control measures at all time.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Fraud has assumed a wider dimension touching almost all part of our national fraud is not limited to the financial sector alone, organization precisely manufacturing industries as a focus relating to this research exercise and organization not left out.
Fraud therefore has an instrument with its committed, such instrument include the employee’s, consumers, debtors, the computers etc, which are used in the perpetration of the fraud. In trying to probe further why some of these fraudulent activities today have been discovered that the major causes are; dishonest staff, breakdown of the internal control system of the organization, public, “ineptitude” in handling cases of fraud in the organization, loose and ineffective security system in the organization and stagnant position for a long time of some staff. It is therefore important to say that appropriate measures have to be introduced to minimize the problem.
Inefficient management and poor composition can encourage fraud in the industry. Ineffective management policy has lead to an increase in the level of fraud witnessed as well as lack of proper supervision has lead to most of the fraud witnessed in the manufacturing industries. Lack of proper training, nepotism and poor recruitment policy, poor qualification and combination of operations staff, poor segregation of duties, all have effect on numbers of fraud in the manufacturing industry.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to assess the effect of internal control on fraud prevention in manufacturing industry.
Other specific objectives are to:
i. Evaluate the control systems put in place in manufacturing industry to prevent fraud.
ii. To find out the causes of fraud in the manufacturing industry.
iii. Identify the problems the industry face as a result of the detection of manufacturing or financial fraud
iv. To find out effective internal control system influence on prevetion of fraud.
v. To find out the problem of fraud and how to curb it.
vi. To find out the employees knowledge base on the concept of fraud in the industry.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In order to address the problem mentioned above, the following research questions are asked:-
i. To what extent do you think internal control can be used to prevent fraud in manufacturing industry?
ii. Is lack of good internal control system a major cause of fraud in industry?
iii. How can fraud be prevented in manufacturing firms in Nigeria?
iv. To what extent do operational staffs contribute to fraud in the manufacturing industry?
v. Do you think that fraud can be effected without the involvement of an insider staff of the manufacturing industry?
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESES
The following hypothesis are formulated:
Ho1: Internal control has no significant effect on fraud prevention in manufacturing industries.
Ho2: There is no significants relationship between internal control and operational staff in preventing fraud in the manufacturing industry.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is concerned with educating industries faced with fraudulent distress to restructure the organization from falling into liquidation because of weak internal control system. Practicing accountants and mangers will also find this study useful because, not only will it help to add to their knowledge, it will aid higher productivity and efficient remark.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study focuses on the effect of internal control on fraud prevention in manufacturing industries of Maiduguri flour mills. It will also look into the various control that exists between manufacturing industry and operational plans.
However, this study is restricted only to Maiduguri flour mills and will constitute the internal control on fraud of the manufacturing industry such as operational plan. Also, is the operational staff ranging from lower category.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES IN UGHE...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In every social formation or environment man finds it necessary to bring themselves together in o...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF STRATEGIC PLANNING ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Strategic planning which is process chart involves analyzing the opportunities and threats in...Continue Reading »
3. ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN INCREASING ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERY PLC, AMAEKE, NGWO, ENUGU,...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication is very important to the existence of human organization. The environment in which ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is carried out to examine the training and development of human resource in building operation in Union Bank Plc, Oko branch. To a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Essay Product is the most important in the marketing mix around which other activities resolved (th...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract x CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1....Continue Reading »
7. A Survey Of The Efficient And Effective Personnel Management In Small And Medium Scale Industries» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page………………………………………………… Certification………………………………………… Ded...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF PRICING POLICY ON SALES IN THE BEVERAGE INDUSTRY A case study of the Coca cola Bottling Company» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The subject under study is the effect of pricing policy on sales in beverage industry, the principle, of prici...Continue Reading »
9. THE USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY AS A VERITABLE TOOL FOR TAX ADMINISTRATION (A CASE STUDY OF THE KADUNA STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL RE...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Information and communication technology is often used as an extended synonym for information technology(IT), but is a mo...Continue Reading »
10. AN APPRASAL OF THE USE OF SUPPLY CHAIN FOR DISTRIBUTION OF PRODUCTS BY MANUFACTURING ORGANISATIONS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY All over the universe reduced delivery time, higher customer satisfaction, reduced financial cost...Continue Reading »